You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Well, alas, the world is not as black and white as we would all like it to be. We can moan about it; or work out how to get on with it. You say the numbers aren't precise enough; I say they are precise enough for what I need to use them for.

You say potato?

I'm not massively bothered to be honest as long as we can bring players in; I think we all know we are going to spend little over monies received, and if there appears to be a small discrepancy once the window slams shut it will likely be the difference in reported figures to actual figures, unreported signing on bonuses, or the right players not being available for a couple of million.

What is painfully clear is that since the yanks credit ran dry we are not able to spend any kind of transfer budget because every player they ever allowed us to sign before that time was paid for on the never never.

If money has disappeared in that time we will never know how much or where it went. My feeling is that it hasn't, because it was all on credit anyway.

None of this alters the fundamental fact that we need them out for the club to survive.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazing how after a potential signing is announced all of the management apologists start showing their grubby faces. Get another one in before deadline day and you just might start reading things like "Well they haven't been bad owners for us really have they, nowhere near as bad as that cunt Benitez painted them out to be. Most of this mess is down to him, he shouldn't have even been asking for transfer funds when he knew we were in debt, especially if he loved us as much as he said he did.....blah blah contract, blah blah rubbing his fingers together blah blah etc etc"

It's amazing how after a potential signing is announced all of the management apologists start showing their grubby faces. Get another one in before deadline day and you just might start reading things like "Well they haven't been bad owners for us really have they, nowhere near as bad as that cunt Benitez painted them out to be. Most of this mess is down to him, he shouldn't have even been asking for transfer funds when he knew we were in debt, especially if he loved us as much as he said he did.....blah blah contract, blah blah rubbing his fingers together blah blah etc etc"

Where has anyone apologised for the management anywhere in this thread?

I assume you're having a pop at me there Paddy because I'm the only one questioning the point of a list.

I can only ask you to read my posts again and show me where I'm doing anything like what you claim. Or if you're talking about someone else in this thread, be specific about them. I don't see where you're coming from here because I don't recognise what you're accusing people of in any posts in the thread so far.

Hmm, ok mate. Just in case though; I'm not happy about the fact we're spending nothing, but then I was pretty unhappy we were signing people on a credit facility before. When we were mortgaging our future on the likes of Torres, Babel, Mascherano and Skrtel everyone seemed fine about it but the problem then was the same as it is now ... crippling interest repayments mean that we do not have any cash.

That's the bottom line we need to address. The rest will flow from getting out from under a mountain of debt.

Missing the point though Paul. We have never spent any money on transfers under the yanks. It's all been adding to the debt. Now they don't have credit, we can't do it any more.

Barry Wom asked about net spend. We're up loads. Even if we break even for this summer, it's not good enough. The money from previous windows has disappeared out of the club.

Barry Wom asked about net spend. We're up loads. Even if we break even for this summer, it's not good enough. The money from previous windows has disappeared out of the club.

It was never in the club! The money we bring in from gate receipts and commercial activity barely pays off the interest. When we were signing players under the yanks, it was just adding to the debt, and probably being rolled up in this Kop Cayman loan at an even more exorbitant rate.

The management at the club are spinning little lies, sure ... that's the big one.

Hmm, ok mate. Just in case though; I'm not happy about the fact we're spending nothing, but then I was pretty unhappy we were signing people on a credit facility before. When we were mortgaging our future on the likes of Torres, Babel, Mascherano and Skrtel everyone seemed fine about it but the problem then was the same as it is now ... crippling interest repayments mean that we do not have any cash.

That's the bottom line we need to address. The rest will flow from getting out from under a mountain of debt.

Agreed. And like I said, not you.

Oh and just to be accurate, not specifically related to anything said in this thread, just one post that puts the tin hat on an attitude that has become increasingly teeth grindingly tedious over a period of time from one halfwtitted management cheerleader who is now on ignore.

It was never in the club! The money we bring in from gate receipts and commercial activity barely pays off the interest. When we were signing players under the yanks, it was just adding to the debt, and probably being rolled up in this Kop Cayman loan at an even more exorbitant rate.

The management at the club are spinning little lies, sure ... that's the big one.

If you're prepared to lie about the little things...

I Don't trust any of them at the club including Broughton.

If you're prepared to lie about the little things...

I Don't trust any of them at the club including Broughton.

Nor do I, but I don't think we'll be able to show him to have lied, he's too clever for that. What I want to do is not to focus on the marginalia of a million here or there, or a generalised statement by him which is open to misinterpretation ("money from sales will be made available to the manager" ... ok Martin, how much of it?) but to look deeper, because while we're scrambling about trying to pin down the tiny details, the bigger picture is getting worse to the tune of over £300,000 per day, and these fuckers are trying to refinance so that they keep their claws in, with Broughton, Purslow and Ayres being perhaps the only people who can stop them from doing it. I don't trust their motives, but they've already stopped one refinancing. That's the real game here.

Nor do I, but I don't think we'll be able to show him to have lied, he's too clever for that. What I want to do is not to focus on the marginalia of a million here or there, or a generalised statement by him which is open to misinterpretation ("money from sales will be made available to the manager" ... ok Martin, how much of it?) but to look deeper, because while we're scrambling about trying to pin down the tiny details, the bigger picture is getting worse to the tune of over £300,000 per day, and these fuckers are trying to refinance so that they keep their claws in, with Broughton, Purslow and Ayres being perhaps the only people who can stop them from doing it. I don't trust their motives, but they've already stopped one refinancing. That's the real game here.

I think we probably will be able to tell we've had money go 'missing' again.

The rest I don't disagree with you Zig, but as long as people turn up and hand over their money they will want to hang on to power.

I think the money we are up from the previous window should certainly be included - wasn't it that twat hamburger head who told us there was no value in january but the money would go towards our big summer.

I think the money we are up from the previous window should certainly be included - wasn't it that twat hamburger head who told us there was no value in january but the money would go towards our big summer.

It was also said the last manager only wanted to sign Maxi and didn't want to spend the rest of the money raised in January.

It'll be available in the summer.

As always depends how you want to spin it. 41 vs 10 at this point.

Out:

Javier Mascherano - 18 million

Yossi Benayoun - 6 million

Albert Riera - 5 million

Andrea Dossena - 3.5 million

Mikel San Jose - 2.3 million

Diego Cavalieri - 2 million

Andriy Voronin - 1.8 million

Nikolay Mihailov - 1.5 million

Krisztian Nemeth - 1 million

Alberto Aquilani - Loan

Philipp Degen - Loan

David Martin - Bosman

Lauri Dalla Valle - ?

Alexander Kacaniklic - ?

In:

Christian Poulsen - 4.5 million

Brad Jones - 2.3 million

Danny Wilson - 2 million

Jonjo Shelvey - 1.8 million

Joe Cole - Bosman

Milan Jovanovic - Bosman

Maxi Rodriguez - Bosman

Konchesky - ?

Mierles - ?

So probably about 43 in (if we say we'll get a couple of mil for the kids to fulham) and 24.6 out (saying the portuguese lad and konchesky come to 14m).

So with the supposed 15m roy was promised, we'll be in for a busy couple of days. as we have almost 34m to spend by tuesday. :whistle:

if the messages coming from RBS are to be believed, that is not being billed to the club and is against C&A individually.

There's the thing Barry, I don't believe the messages from RBS. I think they are going to roll over again and have their tummy tickled, or the owners are going to run rings around them with BarCap and refinance. I just don't see a few million going back on the credit facility as being the big picture to be honest. The pressure we should be applying is to the banks and the yanks, not their stooges.

if the messages coming from RBS are to be believed, that is not being billed to the club and is against C&A individually.

Yes, and C&A own the club and get their "income" from Liverpool FC.

If the penalty is against us or the club surely it makes no difference? Am I way off here?

Riera was £3m and add ons,if were gona start including them then Wilson and Shelvey are £5m a piece given there potential add ons,we had to pay voronin to leave also so that's his fee scratched

The 3 bosmans would have been at least £10m in sign ons given they would have fetched £20mish on the Market

Ten million in sign on fees where do you get that figure from ?. Even if true which is highly unlikely the sign on fee would be spread across the length of the contract otherwise the person pays it all out in tax.

So it would be in installments over the length of the contract so in the case of Joe Cole up until 2014.