You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Android thread

Stu Monty

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had the Desire since the day it came out and it has been nothing short of brilliant.

The battery can drain fast when web serfing using HSDPA but show me any phone out there where that isn't true!

Epic, epic phone. The 2.2 update was amazing as well. I didn't think there was room for improvement then all of a sudden, bam, full flash.

I've got one and so far for the price it seems ace.

Go here for De-Orangeinating, unlock, tips and so on.

ZTE Blade - Blade.MoDaCo.com - Android @ MoDaCo

Currently got a iPhone 3G 8GB that I bought on PAYG 2 years ago. I am now thinking of going the Android route, probably with a HTC Desire HD (is the HTC HD Mini the same as the Desire HD but smaller? //edit oh appears to be windows and needs a hack for android?)

Not asking how, but is tomtom out on it and if so can it acquired for free if you were to look hard enough?

Edited by longballs

After a few hours playing with it it's absolutely awesome. Only problem is no forumrunner app and while I do like browsing the forum from time to time properly I have really got into forumrunner. However I've turned it into a wifi device so I can use it on my itouch.

If you didn't already know, Forumrunner is now available for Android. It costs $1.99 for the full version.

The HTC Desire HD is an awesome piece of kit. It's so much better than my old iPhone.

If you didn't already know, Forumrunner is now available for Android. It costs $1.99 for the full version.

The HTC Desire HD is an awesome piece of kit. It's so much better than my old iPhone.

Splendid. It isn't quite as smooth as the iPhone version it seems, but better than the mobile version of the forum in a normal browser. Nice one!

Currently got a iPhone 3G 8GB that I bought on PAYG 2 years ago. I am now thinking of going the Android route, probably with a HTC Desire HD (is the HTC HD Mini the same as the Desire HD but smaller? //edit oh appears to be windows and needs a hack for android?)

Not asking how, but is tomtom out on it and if so can it acquired for free if you were to look hard enough?

HTC HD Mini is Windows Mobile 6.5 with a sense interface. It's not the same as a Desire as the Desire is an Android phone.

Chaps and Chappettes, I'm currently having a few issues with memory and was wondering if you had a solution. It's saying I have no memory spce for any updates or new apps because it is reading off my phone memory and not the three gig I've ot spare on the sd card. I read on another forum, when I googled it, that you cannot get it to sort this without getting a seperate program, is that right?

Guest TesticleOReilly
Chaps and Chappettes, I'm currently having a few issues with memory and was wondering if you had a solution. It's saying I have no memory spce for any updates or new apps because it is reading off my phone memory and not the three gig I've ot spare on the sd card. I read on another forum, when I googled it, that you cannot get it to sort this without getting a seperate program, is that right?

What 'phone and what version of Android is it running?

I tried the "shop savvy" right now and it works like a charm, i just want to point out that the speakers on the desire hd are absolute garbage, yes i said it.

Edit, how and where do i get the games for the snesoid ?

the sound from the sound jack is amazing, the external speaker is shite.

i daisy chain 4 of these and they are pretty good with the desire hd!

[YOUTUBE]syAuHu_-zf8[/YOUTUBE]

shit tune on this but they are boss speakers.