You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres to Barca?

PaulMcC

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barcelona plan £70million raid for Liverpool star - Exclusive

Published 23:59 14/06/10 By John Cross

Spanish giants Barcelona are ready to step up their pursuit of Liverpool striker Fernando Torres.

Newly-elected Barca president Sandro Rosell is determined to bring £70m-rated Torres to the Nou Camp, even though he will face competition from Chelsea and Manchester City.

And it may even affect Barcelona's attempts to sign Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas as Rosell wants to bring in Torres at all costs and they could struggle to sign both.

Rosell has insisted Fabregas is still a "priority" for Barcelona but he is also a massive fan of Torres and has a close relationship with the Spanish international striker.

That may give Barcelona the edge over their English rivals. Ex-Atletico Madrid striker Torres says that Barca is the only other Spanish club he would consider joining.

The turmoil at Liverpool has raised doubts over the futures of Torres and Steven Gerrard and there would be no shortage of takers for either of the club's top stars.

Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho is keen on Gerrard while managerless Liverpool - looking to replace Rafa Benitez - also face a battle to keep Torres.

Liverpool transfer exclusive: Barcelona plan £70million raid for Fernando Torres - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Ive got this unearving (sp) feeling that Masch, Steve and Torres will all be sold, My guess for around £100M in total, along with others and that money will be then used by the owners to commence the stadium, them thinking it would appease the fans somewhat.

Even if this was to happen, 100m is nothing, not even close..

more like 130-140m

Even if this was to happen, 100m is nothing, not even close..

more like 130-140m

Hhhmmm when put like that, for masch who wants to leave, gerrard who is not getting any younger and torres who is injured... Alot...

It's alot of money but two points to raise..

1) would we get that money for players? As purslow said?

2) with that money we could afford worldclass players but... Would they come to a team that finished mid table with no chmps lg football and the shit going on with our owners?

If we as fans are worried and we are seeing our club day in day out then what would any smart world class player say? "thanks but no thanks" would be my guess. Sad but true

Torres will give us a season.

Also, here is a good thought for you. No one but Mascherano who is a mercenary anyway will leave LFC. Because they know the money we get won't go to replacing them.

It will all be okay in the end, I promise.

Hold me to the end, and tell me it will be ok.

Also, here is a good thought for you. No one but Mascherano who is a mercenary anyway will leave LFC. Because they know the money we get won't go to replacing them.

You think Stevie and Torres wont leave because they wont get properly replaced. Why would they be bothered with how the money is used. If they want to go they will, and i believe they are seriously considering it.

In some weird way this is welcome 'news' for me.

I have already come to terms with the prospect that major assets will be stripped this summer, and Torres to Barca is hugely more palatable than Chelsea.

comical_ali.jpg

Guest TK-421
Who knew professional footballers were so good-hearted that they only agreed to leave the club when they were certain the club were able to spend the entire sale proceeds!

Sometimes there's too much love in the world. What a wonderful place it is, let's sing, sing, sing!

Who knew professional footballers were so good-hearted that they only agreed to leave the club when they were certain the club were able to spend the entire sale proceeds!

That was one of the most ridiculous posts i have read on here (not yours, the one you were replying to).