You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A German manager, the way forward?

Code

Hans-Ulrich Rudel was german stuka dive-bomber pilot and was the most highly decorated German serviceman of the war. Rudel was one of only 27 military men to be awarded the Knights Crosswith Oak Leaves, Swords and Diamonds, and the only one to be awarded the Knight's Cross with Golden Oak Leaves, Swords and Diamonds.

I thought we were looking for a young manager though.

Perhaps we could extend it to other Anfield staff?

Have we ever had a Mexican full-back?

A striker from the Congo?

A kitman from Lithuania?

A tea-lady from Switzerland?

Or a Brazilian central midfielder?

This is a great idea!

Absolutely! I'm sure we've had no sports drink mixer for the players from Norway?! And I sure as hell would like to be the first one!

We should get a Mexican. They are all a bit fucked in the head and it may just be crazy enough to work.

Mexicans a fucking class and the press would shit if he turned on them.

"Hey Gringo, I cut of your cahoonas and feed them to you're little chico's if you carry on. Now, you want boat, I sell you boat."

I think I've found oUr man. He doesn't know much about football, but I don't think any opposition managers or players will want to upset him by winning against us.

Joaquín Guzmán Loera "El Chapo Guzmán"

Main article: Joaquín Guzmán Loera

Loera is Mexico's top Drug Kingpin after the arrest of his rival Osiel Cardenas of the Gulf Cartel. He is well known for his use of sophisticated tunnels--similar to the one located in Douglas, Arizona--to smuggle cocaine from Mexico into the United States in the early 1990s. In 1993 a 7.3 ton shipment of his cocaine, concealed in cans of chili peppers and destined for the United States, was seized in Tecate, Baja California. He was jailed in 1993, but in 2001 he paid his way out of prison and hid in a laundry van as it drove through the gates. Guzman is also known as " El Chapo Guzman " aka " Shorty ". He is the most richest drug lord in Mexico and around the world. People know Guzman as a God, Boss, Father, Jefe, and many more, Guzman is so dangerous that his people also known as his " Mando " are very powerful and dangerous as well. From Culiacan, Sinaloa to the U.S Guzman carries tons of cocaine, meth, and also marijuana. He collects 1.4 million a day with all of his shipments. Joaquin is very powerful today. His known rivals are " Baja California " which once was known as the " El Caf(Cartel Arellano Felix)" but in 2009 there were nearly destroyed by the Sinaloa Cartel. In that year there were over 6,587 people dead with this war against drugs and cartels. He is very famous with his folk songs known as " Narco-corridos " by groups of all Mexico. Joaquin Guzman Loera.

I think I've found oUr man. He doesn't know much about football, but I don't think any opposition managers or players will want to upset him by winning against us.

He sounds ideal but if I was to be really honest, we need a Pirate. His assistant manager could be a Parrot and if fat Sam ever gave him shit, he could rip out his throat with his hook.

What a great idea! Can anyone think of any other nationalities that haven't managed in the Premiership before? It would seem to be an obvious criterion when considering our next manager.

Perhaps we could extend it to other Anfield staff?

Have we ever had a Mexican full-back?

A striker from the Congo?

A kitman from Lithuania?

A tea-lady from Switzerland?

Or a Brazilian central midfielder?

This is a great idea!

Edwin Congo???

Löw: not good enough, Hitzfeld: past it, Heynckes and Magath are ace managers but Heynckes would never go to another country. I'd have Magath in a heartbeat.

Why do you think Hitzfeld is past it.

The last thing he did as a club manager was to win the treble with Bayern M and now he has just got Switzerland to the World Cup finals.

Just wondering since you might live in Germany.

When Hitzfeld returned for his second spell at Bayern you could see he was struggling, he looked tired already. He rejected moves to Hamburg and Dortmund at that time, and now he is coach of Switzerland where everybody loves him anyway - like in München. Hes all cosy there now. HIm moving to another country, with the language barrier, press and all? I don't see it.

gemermans ? :| You been on the pop ? :lol:

No, we're not playing today, no need to deaden the senses that much. I was just quoting two of my favorite movies, the first is kind of obvious, and the second is one of the all time masterpieces, "Dead Men Don't wear Plaid".

And I do not care for any scalps as our manager...

When Hitzfeld returned for his second spell at Bayern you could see he was struggling, he looked tired already. He rejected moves to Hamburg and Dortmund at that time, and now he is coach of Switzerland where everybody loves him anyway - like in München. Hes all cosy there now. HIm moving to another country, with the language barrier, press and all? I don't see it.

You probably know more than me about his situation, but he is still only 61 ands thats no age for a manager.

So I will not rule him out just yet.

According to that never wrong source Wikipedia :|

Hitzfeld speaks fluent English....this is his record -

As Coach

3 Swiss Cups (With FC Aarau in 1985; with Grasshopper Club Zürich in 1989 and 1990

2 Swiss Super League (With Grasshopper Club Zürich in 1990 and 1991

7 German championships (With Borussia Dortmund in 1995 and 1996; with FC Bayern Munich in 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003 and 2008

3 German Cups (With FC Bayern Munich in 2000, 2003 and 2008

2 UEFA Champions League (With Borussia Dortmund in 1997; with FC Bayern Munich in 2001

2 Intercontinental Cup (With Borussia Dortmund in 1997 and FC Bayern Munich in 2001

2 World Coach of the Year (1997 and 2001

Voted Bayern Munich's greatest coach ever

Rated the best Bundesliga-coach of all time

Edited by bigjohn
correction

Hitzfeld is too old in my opinion. Magath is only four years younger but he rarely stays on too long at clubs anyway. I think we need a short-term solution that can bring success quickly with small means and if that is the the case there is no better man to do it than Felix Magath.

Ajax are behind Steve McLaren's team in a really shit Dutch league. Last i checked anyway.

Hamburg were dedent under him, nowhere near good enough for Liverpool.

We need some who wins trophies, league titles or European Cups specifically.

Only one man really fits that bill.

Only one man really fits that bill.

I didn't mean they have to have won both. Plenty of managers out there who've won league titles that are a lot better than some of the average to decent names being put out there.

Rijkaard, Hitzfeld, Blanc (who's shown he can do it with a lesser budget), Magath (same as Blanc).

We should be looking at managers like that before going for someone who's not won anything big.