You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sick of being Fat

Fowlers God

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is a very simple and highly proven way to lose weight.

Eat less - move more.

Be in a sustained caloric deficit and you will absolutely 100% lose weight.

And the great thing is it only needs to be 1 or 2 lbs a week, which is easy to achieve.

In just 12 weeks you can see huge changes.

There is so much bullshit written and so many bullshit videos etc about weight loss when it is all just about calories in and calories out....use up more than you eat and you lose weight.

On 12/02/2023 at 10:38, Rico1304 said:

I’ve done keto and no booze for 6 weeks.  Lost 9 kgs.  

Fair play Rico, that's brilliant going.

Gonna use Lent as a timetable for me, even though it's already started!

Starting Monday, gonna give the carnivore diet a try.

The food won't be an issue I don't think. It's the giving up Coke Zero that I see being the problem.

But we'll see what happens.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Whats your diet look like @Rico1304?

Lost about 8ib myself with no ale and more careful eating. 

Problem with keto for me I don't like veg really or nuts 

2 fried eggs and 2 sausage for breakfast. 

No lunch 

Tea of chicken, salmon or beef with veg. Loads or herbs and sauces for the meat/chicken.  

No fun but effective.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

2 fried eggs and 2 sausage for breakfast. 

No lunch 

Tea of chicken, salmon or beef with veg. Loads or herbs and sauces for the meat/chicken.  

No fun but effective.  

I also got those piss sticks to show I was in ketosis. It’s kind of motivating to see the stick go purple. 

2,000 calories a day worth of food which when eat healthy whole foods can be a lot of scran.

Burn 3,000 calories a day by getting in a minimum of 10,000 steps a day via normal walking around etc and add in between 30 mins and 1 hour a day of intense exercise....running or another form of steady state or high intensity cardio 3 days a week, resistance training 3 days a week.

You'll lose 2lbs a week (a good rate to ensure don't lose lean muscle mass) and can eat 3 good sized square meals a day and the odd treat (important for the mind not to feel too restricted) ensure get a gram of protein for every pound of goal body weight per day.

Sorted.

I went from 17st and pretty unfit to 12st and able to run a marathon doing just that.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

2,000 calories a day worth of food which when eat healthy whole foods can be a lot of scran.

Burn 3,000 calories a day by getting in a minimum of 10,000 steps a day via normal walking around etc and add in between 30 mins and 1 hour a day of intense exercise....running or another form of steady state or high intensity cardio 3 days a week, resistance training 3 days a week.

You'll lose 2lbs a week (a good rate to ensure don't lose lean muscle mass) and can eat 3 good sized square meals a day and the odd treat (important for the mind not to feel too restricted) ensure get a gram of protein for every pound of goal body weight per day.

Sorted.

I went from 17st and pretty unfit to 12st and able to run a marathon doing just that.

Where can I buy this time?  

4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Different strokes for different blokes. One of which got to 17st. 

As i say your choice.. i just know from experience that really restrictive, not fun (your words) diets tend to lead to rapid weight loss but also often lead to that weight going back pretty quickly and often more.

I hope for you that is not case - but to sniff at a pretty sensible plan as you did seemed a bit off to me.

Maybe i was over sensitive - but good luck anyway.