You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sick of being Fat

Fowlers God

4 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Ill take a look thanks

Question mark was just in case you'd already discounted that one. It's very useful for recording, getting km/pace breakdowns, timing specific segments and also matches your routes so you can measure the whole run against previous ones.

All in the free version. You can ignore the social media elements on there.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 17/07/2021 at 17:07, dockers_strike said:

Exercise builds muscle and burns fat. A pound of muscle weighs exactly the same as a pound of fat but, the muscle takes up less space. That's why you can shed fat, weigh the same (or more) and look leaner.

Im not sure what exercise you can do that doesnt build muscle and enable you to burn off the fat. HIIT perhaps but not everyone likes that? If you just want to lose weight and not build muscle, I think it's just a question of reducing your calorific intake and light exercise.

The only way to lose weight is exercise and calory deficit. You need to know how many calories you need daily then reduce by say 300 and exercise ( can just be walking 10,000 steps every other day) Its an eye opener when you measure food by calories and protein etc. I use an app called my fitness pal to measure calories. If you want to build muscle u need to take in 0.8 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight , its not easy.

6 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

The only way to lose weight is exercise and calory deficit. You need to know how many calories you need daily then reduce by say 300 and exercise ( can just be walking 10,000 steps every other day) Its an eye opener when you measure food by calories and protein etc. I use an app called my fitness pal to measure calories. If you want to build muscle u need to take in 0.8 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight , its not easy.

Yep, dont disagree with this at all. Exercising then feeding the resultant hunger isnt going to work. Neither is just cutting calories as the body goes into a kind of famine mode for a period of time.

4 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

I’ve lost a stone since January 1st.  I’d murder every last one of you for a plate of chips.  

That’s excellent going. Congrats!

I’ve been dieting since Jan 1st too. I’ve always struggled with dieting as I’m an incredibly fussy eater…..I can’t stand anything salad-y so I’m basically down to some unsweetened porridge in the morning, a bowl of scrambled egg at lunch and then fish / chicken and some new potatoes for dinner. It’s boring.

Lost 7lbs already and my overall goal is to get down from 15 stone to around 12 or 12.5. Once I’ve lost the weight I really need to try and address my relationship with food. Not only do I eat everything that’s unhealthy but I don’t know when to stop and will fill myself to bursting.

• Upvote 2

Was prediabetic in the summer so the quack put me on a diet, I had to download an app with all these virtual fat friends. 

I've lost two stone and completed that coucn to 5k thing for the first time in about eight years. 

I'm not prediabetic now. They showed me my bloods on a chart and it just fell off a cliff.

Been trying to mix it up a bit with classes at the local council gym, they're all pensioners but all much fitter than me.

Feel like I'm plateauing now though, boredom wise. Couch to 5k gives you something to aim for but now I'm just maintaining. Also, the Christmas break, or any kind of break, makes you realise you hate the gym and it was all just pure habit.

• Upvote 2

Just now, stringvest said:

I'm desperately trying to shift a couple of stone, but I've torn my meniscus in my left knee, so any sort of exercise with it is out of the question at the mo.  Full of admiration for those who've managed to shift weight lately.

Heroin. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, stringvest said:

I'm desperately trying to shift a couple of stone, but I've torn my meniscus in my left knee, so any sort of exercise with it is out of the question at the mo.  Full of admiration for those who've managed to shift weight lately.

Mine are fucked too.  Arthritis, torn medial ligaments and torn cartilage.  I’ve been swimming which has really helped. I was skeptical at first as I fucking hate swimming but despite the boredom it’s been good.  Apart from swimming in Doris’s piss.  I’ve gone from not being able to do 20 lengths to 55 in 45 mins. 

• Upvote 1

Jumped back on the keto last week. For me, it's unsustainable in the long term, but for a month or two it's grand.

It's always worked for me, and I like the food you can eat. Who doesn't like bacon for fuck sake!

My problem is when I come off it, I slip back into the same shit routine. Waiting until everyone has gone to bed and eating junk. Not chipper. Chocolate and crisps. And it's not like I'm hungry or anything. It's just I don't really get time to myself to watch telly until everyone is gone to bed, and then I "treat" myself.

There'd be some days where I'd eat a normal day's food normally, 3 meals. Then without a bit of hunger, I'd go through a 200g bar of Dairymilk, share bag of crisps, and half a tub of Haagen Dazs. Pretty much a day's worth of calories just before bed!

Then other days I'd be good and fast all day (hunger doesn't really bother me) with the plan of eating every other day or whatever. Come evening time, Augustus Gloop shows up again!

I know I'll lose a couple of stone over the next few weeks. The challenge will be keeping it off.

I've lost and gained weight about half a dozen time over the last few years. I'm a fucking disaster. Herself and the two kids are in perfect shape.

The kick in the bollox was I got a "memory" from Amazon Photos on January 4th from January 4th 2019. To the pound I was the same weight in 2022! So maybe I should just admit that this is my weight and accept being a fat cunt!

Fuck sake.

6 minutes ago, Lario said:

Jumped back on the keto last week. For me, it's unsustainable in the long term, but for a month or two it's grand.

It's always worked for me, and I like the food you can eat. Who doesn't like bacon for fuck sake!

My problem is when I come off it, I slip back into the same shit routine. Waiting until everyone has gone to bed and eating junk. Not chipper. Chocolate and crisps. And it's not like I'm hungry or anything. It's just I don't really get time to myself to watch telly until everyone is gone to bed, and then I "treat" myself.

There'd be some days where I'd eat a normal day's food normally, 3 meals. Then without a bit of hunger, I'd go through a 200g bar of Dairymilk, share bag of crisps, and half a tub of Haagen Dazs. Pretty much a day's worth of calories just before bed!

Then other days I'd be good and fast all day (hunger doesn't really bother me) with the plan of eating every other day or whatever. Come evening time, Augustus Gloop shows up again!

I know I'll lose a couple of stone over the next few weeks. The challenge will be keeping it off.

I've lost and gained weight about half a dozen time over the last few years. I'm a fucking disaster. Herself and the two kids are in perfect shape.

The kick in the bollox was I got a "memory" from Amazon Photos on January 4th from January 4th 2019. To the pound I was the same weight in 2022! So maybe I should just admit that this is my weight and accept being a fat cunt!

Fuck sake.

Mate, i'm sure you know this already but this fully starving yourself for a day and then eating half of the Tesco freezer cabinet the next is not ideal at all. It's literally going from one extreme to the other.

2 hours ago, Lario said:

Fuck sake.

I've done exactly the same, twice (with Atkins, rather than Keto, but they're pretty similar). I lost over two stone last year by July, only needed to shed another 6-7 pounds to get to my target weight, and then put half of it back on by the New Year. It's an absolute bastard to regulate the carbs once you come off the 'strict' phase. Fortunately, I managed to get off my arse and get pretty fit last year too, so I'm not restarting from such a shit position.

• 5 months later...