You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe he should keep quiet until he sorts out his own performances. That goals against column isn't looking too clever.

In all fairness, the lad has struggled but he has played alongside 4 other centre halves, three right backs in just 15 games!

And Carragher has had the focus of the entire team on him (see Collymore's constant sniping about his legs going), which has clouded the indifferent form of Kuyt, Mascherano, Rierra, Benny and Martin, to me they are the fuckers who need to step it up.

After reading about Carraghers dad's rant at the press after United, I think it is safe to say none of this is coming from him.

That Reina's fucking shit.

I don't want to turn this into a Carra bashing thread, but I agree with what Dirk (the forumite) says. I don't think Jamie is in a position to be criticising his teammates this season due to his own mixed form (and let's face it, apart from Man Utd, it's been shoddy at best).

N'Gog, virtual nobody or not, has made some positive contributions this season.

Nice vote of confidence from Carra for his team mates there.

Pretty sure I read something on here today where Rafa said he had to play Nando on saturday as there were no other alternatives or something. Don't remember the exact wording (and wouldn't know where to start looking), but he basically said the same thing Carragher did.

The title of this thread is laughable. Rather than an "Excellent Read " it should be "A Bitter's Bible".

The following rebuttal says it all. It really is an excellent read:

"Winter's tale - in reply to Henry's Hatchet"

/http://robbohuyton.blogspot.com/2009/11/winter-tale-in-reply-to-henrys-hatchet.html

Very interesting - so Winter used that quote from Carra out of context. It seems certain that someone from inside the club is feeding him stuff, but that may just be our very impressive managing director. Reading the above blog post it appears that senior players might not be leaking stuff to the press at all. Instead, is Winter trying to give the impression that they are, in order to undermine Benitez?

I don't want to turn this into a Carra bashing thread, but I agree with what Dirk (the forumite) says. I don't think Jamie is in a position to be criticising his teammates this season due to his own mixed form (and let's face it, apart from Man Utd, it's been shoddy at best).

Personally I think it's absolutely fucking ludicrous that you of all people can openly question Carragher when you have a picture of Lucas as your avatar and are Dirk Kuyt's biggest fan.

Ludicrous.

That's perfectly acceptable, but you mentioning the goals against column was a tad sneaky. How many other factors have led to that?

Whereas up front, we've got almost nothing apart from Torres. N'gog is late impact material, and Voronin......

If Carra said much else he'd sound like a loon. Say nothing? Well, yeah - but then you're in Carra's Silence Speaks Volumes territory surely?

Fair enough Dave, Rafa shouldn't be saying such things either.

Come on though, what do you really expect either of them to say?

"It's not a problem, Voronin/N'Gog/Babel can replace Torres"

They can't, everyone knows it, and if either Rafa or Carra suggested otherwise they'd be laughed out of town. Torres is the best striker in the world, the others aren't.

They could say something like, 'we can't replace Nando like for like, so we have to find other solutions' or something, and for all I know maybe they did.

That's perfectly acceptable, but you mentioning the goals against column was a tad sneaky. How many other factors have led to that?

Whereas up front, we've got almost nothing apart from Torres. N'gog is late impact material, and Voronin......

If Carra said much else he'd sound like a loon. Say nothing? Well, yeah - but then you're in Carra's Silence Speaks Volumes territory surely?

I just don't think it's helpful on the eve of such an important game, that's all. That said, maybe it is directed as much at the owners as it is at Rafa, but what follows in Winter's article would suggest otherwise.

They could say something like, 'we can't replace Nando like for like, so we have to find other solutions' or something, and for all I know maybe they did.

That would be more like it. Is it that hard to stay positive? It's not as if we were blessed with the best when we called upon Mellor and Pongolle, but it got us through.

I'll be honest, it's the "impressive Christian Purslow" bit that's got me worried. At last Winter seems to have official confirmation of his dressing room warning from a few weeks ago.

Just how would Winter know that Purslow is "impressive" and "not the knee-jerk type"? Of course journalists often wax lyrical about things they know nothing about.

This ain't that, I'm sure of it.

That is spot on - that's what jumped out to me too.

He's a newbie - so has no track record with us to speak of.

Well, we'll see.

Personally I think it's absolutely fucking ludicrous that you of all people can openly question Carragher when you have a picture of Lucas as your avatar and are Dirk Kuyt's biggest fan.

Ludicrous.

Gotta support the scapegoats.

Got to agree with that, one good game all season.

Lets face it if the same referee from the fulham game had been refereeing the Utd game he would have been sent off in that game.

The players have let Rafa down. Kuyt and Babel are both £10m strikers and they haven't done it up front since day one. N'Gog is a promising young striker and Gerrard can also play there. Voronin had a good season in Germany so as back up they should all be doing better than they are. Nobody in the world can replace Torres in his current form so that's not realistic.

Someone mentioned something about "someone inside the club feeding the press" well unless it is the players the rest all get on with Rafa or have been appointed by Rafa. Unless Purslow is being a snide?

I love the way people are now using it to bash JC.

The reason JC has looked shakey is because the whole team has been woeful.

Its not rocket science to think when the team is playing well he looks better, you cant expect him to be a one man rock.

Shame on you.

That is equally ridiculous a post as those criticising Carragher!

Ah right.

Change your avatar to Carra then?

I've said my bit, as I said I don't want to turn this into a Carra bashing thread, but I'm allowed to disagree with comments he gives to the press.

Why is somebody automatically a scapegoat when they are crticised for playing badly.

Insua being a very good example of a player who needs replacing because he keeps costing us points. Its not personal its just stating the obvious football facts

Mate, how is a young player supposed to get experience and become a better player if we throw him to the wolves on a game by game basis? Same as for Lucas, if people got off his back and let him play a run of games he might, just might get better. What are the alternatives right now?

I've said my bit, as I said I don't want to turn this into a Carra bashing thread, but I'm allowed to disagree with comments he gives to the press.

This comment?

"If Fernando had got injured at the end, we would have had virtually nobody for the game in midweek but we still brought a Dutch international in Ryan Babel on. It should be enough quality."

What bit do you disagree with?