You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hideous start to the weekend...

castle_red

Just cos he wanted to stay and play for England while injured.

Gerrard and Torres both acted like fucking dickheads staying with their countries inmeaningless games when they weren't fully fit.

It's got to stop. What the fuck do they do with them on international duty? Exercise no care or caution is what, cos he's not there asset.

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | L | Liverpool | Benitez fears for Gerrard fitness

Gerrard picked up the injury while on England duty earlier this month and had to be taken off in the first half of Liverpool's Champions League game against Lyon on 20 October.

He is definitely out of Liverpool's Premier League match against Fulham on Saturday and is a major doubt for their return trip to Lyon next week.

With an operation looming if Gerrard's condition does not improve, the influential midfielder could be looking at a much longer absence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News | Bellamy could quit Wales

Craig Bellamy has revealed he may give up playing for Wales if Manchester City are successful in qualifying for the UEFA Champions League in the future.

The 30-year old has struggled with knee injuries in recent seasons and said that his club would come first if Champions League fixtures are added to City's schedule.

Enough said.

Sort it out Stevie for fuck sake. Priorities.

If this ends up being a niggly injury which persists for the majority of the season, £30m from Madrid would be a wonderful price for Gerrard come June. It would likely be the sort of thing which would blight him for the rest of his career at this age.

At least it would be a wonderful price if we had owners who would pass more than £10m back into the transfer kitty....

Argh, shite. Get him under the knife Rafa - the sooner it's done the sooner he'll be mended because we really fucking need him. That should suit Gerrard himself, too. I wish he wasn't integral to England's world cup campaign, but he is and I wouldn't want him to miss out on something he wants so desperately for himself.

fuck the world cup and fuck england.Your taking the piss right?

I reckon it would really fuck with his head if he missed out on the WC. The players all think they can do it under Capello and it would fucking awful for him if they did and he wasn't there. I couldn't give a fuck about it myself in comparison to Liverpool, but he deserves to realise his greatest ambitions. With his talent, he should have every medal going in his trophy room.

Rubbish. If I had Gerrard's talent, I'd do my best to establish myself as one of the greatest of all time and to do that I'd need to try and win every medal available. Of course he wants to play in WC; it's up to Rafa to manage that desire if it gets unreasonably in the way of Liverpool's priorities, not him.

Bollocks lads.

Imagine playing in a world cup. Being a star on the world stage. Having kids in Brazil pretending to be you.

Remember all the great moments seen in a world cup. You would never get that recognition from domestic football.

The world cup is the pinnacle football maybe not in skill but in terms of fame and more importantly money.

If I was a player I would want to be center forward for my country against Brazil or Germany and score the winner in the world cup final.

Bollocks lads.

Imagine playing in a world cup. Being a star on the world stage. Having kids in Brazil pretending to be you.

Remember all the great moments seen in a world cup. You would never get that recognition from domestic football.

The world cup is the pinnacle football maybe not in skill but in terms of fame and more importantly money.

If I was a player I would want to be center forward for my country against Brazil or Germany and score the winner in the world cup final.

Ok. Now how about playing in a meaningless showpiece friendly and injuring yourself in the process, thereby seeing your club's chances of winning the domestic league go to shite yet again?

Context.