You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The world of a woman.

Ezekiel 25:17

I had a date with a Mormon, she was not a full practicing one but nonetheless did not drink coffee, smoke or drink.

She was fit, too. This was aboot 25 years ago so if I had pursued her I reckon by now I would either have gotten to the hand holding stage or have her and three other wives and be living in a compound in the Utah foothills.

They do two year missions where they try and convert people to the teachings of Joseph Smith. I am not buying it as apparently God gave him some golden tablets somewhere near Rochester, NY and believe me, I have been to Rochester and no fucking way is God hanging around there.

They were then chased out and decided the Promised Land was Utah because, um....eerr....no one was there but the Utes Indians and really, they can just fuck off and live on reserves while we build temples, farms and marry all our 12 yeat old cousins.

Why anyone would want to be a polygamist is beyond me, one wife is more than plenty.

• Upvote 2

I had a date with a Mormon, she was not a full practicing one but nonetheless did not drink coffee, smoke or drink.

She was fit, too. This was aboot 25 years ago so if I had pursued her I reckon by now I would either have gotten to the hand holding stage or have her and three other wives and be living in a compound in the Utah foothills.

They do two year missions where they try and convert people to the teachings of Joseph Smith. I am not buying it as apparently God gave him some golden tablets somewhere near Rochester, NY and believe me, I have been to Rochester and no fucking way is God hanging around there.

They were then chased out and decided the Promised Land was Utah because, um....eerr....no one was there but the Utes Indians and really, they can just fuck off and live on reserves while we build temples, farms and marry all our 12 yeat old cousins.

Why anyone would want to be a polygamist is beyond me, one wife is more than plenty.

The musical that the South Park lads have done about them is brilliant.

One of the flats downstairs was on sale for months with no joy not long back and they obviously gave up in the end, a very young American chap with an evangelical smile suddenly moving in with a seemingly mute guy of Asian origin.  Just from the briefest of hellos you could tell it wasn't the standard mates renting a flat together set-up, but I gave it no more thought beyond that instinctive feeling. 

We were walking in recently and passed them on the landing, when the American chap stops on his way out and shouts up to us, "By the way guys, what are your names?"  So we tell him and he walks back up a flight and says, "Mine is Elder Buss."  I shake his hand, say nice one for the gesture, end of story.  "So nice to meet you...sorry, did you say Elderbob?"  "It's Elder Buss."  "Hi, Elderbob ...have you got the place set up how you like it yet...do you have jobs...blah blah blah", as I'm already up the stairs having dispensed the smiling nod to get away.

There is a Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints building across the road.  Back in the flat:  

Her: You're so strange sometimes, why won't you just admit when you don't know someone's name? 

Me: ?

Her: I could tell you didn't get it was Elderbob but felt too awkward to ask him to repeat it.  You're so silly.  I wonder what they do for work, they're very quiet aren't they?

Me: He's a Mormon missionary, you tit.  Elder.  Buss.

Her: No, it's Elderbob.

Me: Elder.  Buss.

Her: * Confused face *

It took several more attempts until she twigged how utterly oblivious she'd been while admonishing my lack of social awareness.

Show some respect to your Elders you young whippersnapper.

My missus has a new colleague who seems to think she knows most things. Recent reported conversations - my missus was talking about a recent discovery that some types of cancer are more prevalent in the Jewish community due to a gene they discovered. Her colleague told her that the scientists were idiots because no way could the cancer know what religion you were, and no one would continue to be Jewish if it caused cancer. She also said that the earth couldn't possibly turn once every day or everyone would be dizzy all the time.

Science is just wrong

• Upvote 2

My missus has a new colleague who seems to think she knows most things. Recent reported conversations - my missus was talking about a recent discovery that some types of cancer are more prevalent in the Jewish community due to a gene they discovered. Her colleague told her that the scientists were idiots because no way could the cancer know what religion you were, and no one would continue to be Jewish if it caused cancer. She also said that the earth couldn't possibly turn once every day or everyone would be dizzy all the time.

Science is just wrong

I can believe some adults could be stupid enough to say the first of those things, but not believing the world rotates? Fuck off!

Just been looking back through some ad campaigns the team have booked recently. You'll recall the Lynx "Win a trip into space" competition, which is basically a trip on an international shuttle next year. Well Mrs "Oh my god that's amaaaaazing" has entered the description onto our system as "Win a trip to the moon". Brilliant. This is the same one who thought Capers grew on the moon though so understandable how she'd find a trip to the moon a realistic prize.

Reading back through some of the classics in this thread and I can't stop laughing at this one.  Yes, over forty years after man last visited the moon in the Apollo 17 mission and despite the fact that no government has been able to justify the expense of continuing with manned missions since, fucking Unilever have decided to recommence moon landings in order to promote a deodorant brand used primarily by 17 year old lads on council estates to mask the fact that their trackies smell of four day old socks.

• Upvote 1

Reading back through some of the classics in this thread and I can't stop laughing at this one.  Yes, over forty years after man last visited the moon in the Apollo 17 mission and despite the fact that no government has been able to justify the expense of continuing with manned missions since, fucking Unilever have decided to recommence moon landings in order to promote a deodorant brand used primarily by 17 year old lads on council estates to mask the fact that their trackies smell of four day old socks.

Not only that but apparently you can't make a decent tartare sauce without a trip to space first.

• Upvote 2

You need to read this thread from the beginning mate.

I've read it all mate, it's my favourite thread in the existence of the GF, possibly with the exception of the first GF tournament.

I know these wenches are saying and doing unbelievably stupid things, but to not accept that the earth rotates as an adult, I just can't get my head round that at all. To forget, or to say something stupid and have to be peompted as to what happens, fine, I can see that. But to not accept. Some of these women need to be sterilised.

I've read it all mate, it's my favourite thread in the existence of the GF, possibly with the exception of the first GF tournament.

I know these wenches are saying and doing unbelievably stupid things, but to not accept that the earth rotates as an adult, I just can't get my head round that at all. To forget, or to say something stupid and have to be peompted as to what happens, fine, I can see that. But to not accept. Some of these women need to be sterilised.

I checked with the missus, following your disbelief and she tells me that the lady in question did know that the world rotates but was under the impression that a full turn took a year. That's a rotation of the earth itself, not a circle of the earth around the sun. She maintained that a full spin every 24 hours would leave us all dizzy. Apparently no one thought to ask her to explain how day and night happened. She also has a degree-level education - although her degree is in marketing so I'm not sure that counts
  • Upvote 1

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCcjid66nco0rPNRCIbl9MUawJ78UyjrKoNV6t2Us4kIK0R-u9

"See I've cleaned up a lot of breeders, families like cesspools; filth making filth making filth. And I did it over and over and over again, but it was all leading me here... I was born to destroy them..."

Repped 18 months later.  Couldn't really not do, could I?

Nightbreed, great film, especially love the line, "Mad bastards who'll rip off your head and shit down your neck."

Best description of The Mighty GF I've ever heard.

7226-13599.jpg

"Whether it's commies, freaks or third-world Y-chromosone mutants, we are there; the sons of the free."

Sheriff Eigerman after a visit to the FF.

• Upvote 1