You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The world of a woman.

Ezekiel 25:17

Mines out on the lash tonight with one of her mates. She always asks out of courtesy, but she knows it'll be a yes. Same the other way round, she almost kicks me out the door. We spend a lot if time together, so it's good to have a break - though her friends also say 'how good I am' for 'letting her out'.

I can't imagine anything different, certainly wouldn't bother with it.  We'll check there's not something planned one of us has forgotten, but even going abroad for anything up to a week it's just "here are the dates, do these fit in?", let alone asking permission to go out for the night or away for the weekend to a mate's or whatever. 

No doubt things would change from a practical point of view on that score with kids, but I swear some fellas love it.  I have loads of mates who were like it before kids came along; who's respective other halves apparently have the biggest thumbs on the South Coast.

Guest davelfc

Me: Have we anything planned for the 27th?

Her: Why?

Me: I was chatting with the lads and we're thinking of having a bit of a lads night.

Her: Oh so you've already arranged it then?

Me: No, we've pencilled it in and I'm asking if we have anything planned so I can confirm it.

Her: Well what if I want us to do something that night

Me: What? You want to arrange something because I want to go out with the lads?

Her: Oh you do what you, want you've already made the arrangements blah blah blah moan moan blah blah.

Every single fucking time I asked.

• Upvote 1

Me: Have we anything planned for the 27th?

Her: Why?

Me: I was chatting with the lads and we're thinking of having a bit of a lads night.

Her: Oh so you've already arranged it then?

Me: No, we've pencilled it in and I'm asking if we have anything planned so I can confirm it.

Her: Well what if I want us to do something that night

Me: What? You want to arrange something because I want to go out with the lads?

Her: Oh you do what you, want you've already made the arrangements blah blah blah moan moan blah blah.

Every single fucking time I asked.

Have you tried a flying headbutt?

Guest davelfc

You should have just told her you were going out on the 27th, then if she'd moaned that you and her were already doing something then, you could have made a big deal out of cancelling your thing, thus gaining some modicum of brownie points...

You don't understand. My mates all work in jobs where they work shifts and getting the stars to align takes a lot of work. We'd meet up and they'd have to bring their diaries so we could work out a suitable date. Two work in jobs where they are up and out at 5am and in jobs where they can't drink the night before. I too worked shifts. 

I actually knew we were doing nothing and I could have said any date, she would have still moaned. Cancelling wouldn't have been me gaining brownie points, as I'd then have to come up with another date and fresh from that victory she'd want to stop that too.

This is a lunatic that hid in the garden shed all night to stop me flying to San Francisco for work and phoned me as i was in the taxi to the airport at 5am telling me what a bastard I was for leaving the kids in the house alone. I knew the crank was in the shed. 

She certainly didn't operate a 'brownie point' system, the fucking loon.

• Upvote 1

In my experience some of the lads now use the "the bird won't have it" excuse instead of saying they can't be arsed/don't fancy it for a night out. I know they're a nightmare and love to make us feel guilty for having fun without them, but I've found some of my mates using their bird as an excuse. I've seen one of my mates lost for words when I had a go at his bird for spoiling our fun only for her to deny all knowledge.