You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The world of a woman.

Ezekiel 25:17

Watching saving private Ryan the other day. That scene when Oscar winner Hanks is talking about his life back home bring a teacher etc. Highly emotional Hanks giving his best performance, moving, powerful, emotional....

"Bloody hell, that Tom Cruise is a Fantastic actor"

I had to pause the film for laughing

Me and the Mrs went for a meal with her friend and her husband on Saturday.

Her friend looking at the menu: "Oh they've got fish pie!"

The Mrs: "I liked your fish pie."

Her friend: "Did I convert you to fish pie?"

I chortled.

That was a branch from god! I hope you took advantage....

We have a lottery syndicate at our head office in London that I don't partake in. 

A girl in the office asked me last week why I didn't want to join in.

I said I occasionally do the lottery in my own anyway, and as the odds are 14 million to one plus, I don't realy see the benefit of doing my own and the work one. I'd rather just do my own and if I win it's all mine etc. 

Brace yourselves here...

Her: "No, the odds are only about 1 in 8."

Me: "Sorry, can you please repeat that?"
Her: "the odds aren't 14 million to one, it's only about 8 to one"

Me: "What the fuck are you on about"

Her: "You only need 6 numbers, yeah? And 6 only goes in to 49 eight times"

Me: "Interesting. So, how long have you been doing this syndicate?"

Her: "I think about 10 years or so now"

Me: "Cool. How many times have you won the jackpot?"

Her: "None... yet!" *smiles knowingly and optimistically*

She's the office manager. 

• Upvote 5

We have a lottery syndicate at our head office in London that I don't partake in. 

A girl in the office asked me last week why I didn't want to join in.

I said I occasionally do the lottery in my own anyway, and as the odds are 14 million to one plus, I don't realy see the benefit of doing my own and the work one. I'd rather just do my own and if I win it's all mine etc. 

Brace yourselves here...

Her: "No, the odds are only about 1 in 8."

Me: "Sorry, can you please repeat that?"

Her: "the odds aren't 14 million to one, it's only about 8 to one"

Me: "What the fuck are you on about"

Her: "You only need 6 numbers, yeah? And 6 only goes in to 49 eight times"

Me: "Interesting. So, how long have you been doing this syndicate?"

Her: "I think about 10 years or so now"

Me: "Cool. How many times have you won the jackpot?"

Her: "None... yet!" *smiles knowingly and optimistically*

She's the office manager. 

step away from the spreadsheet

Chaos this morning when I commented that I couldn't find her purse to take a tenner from.

Frantic tearing the house up and down trying to find it. Unfounded allegations being thrown

Her "It was in the nappy bag. I always put it there. You took it upstairs! You didn't pass it to me. Is it in the kitchen? Will you check there again for me in case I've missed it? I remember you holding it! I need it today you'll have to leave your card for me. Did I take it to your mums? She put s receipt in it and must've left it on her hearth. Will you ring her? I know it's early but it's my purse"

Me "did you check your bedside drawer?"

Her - *rumbling and swearing* "got it!"

Me - "where was it?"

Her - "was it twenty you wanted? Here you go have a good day love you"

God bless 'em.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone else find that you can sit in silence for ages with your missus but the second you pick up your phone or a magazine or whatever she wants to tell you all about her day?

Must be an attention thing with them.

• Upvote 8

Does anyone else find that you can sit in silence for ages with your missus but the second you pick up your phone or a magazine or whatever she wants to tell you all about her day?

or that you've been on your phone all day and to start paying her attention
  • Upvote 1

or that you've been on your phone all day and to start paying her attention

She'll be on Facebook all night but if I so much as pick up my phone to reply to a text it's, "You're never off your phone.".

Last night we had a blu ray sitting on the menu screen waiting for one of us to press play & I quickly went to reply to a text from my brother, "Are we going to watch the film or not?". It is bad week so I didn't bother turning it into an argument.

• Upvote 7

Hoovering when the football is on.

Never fails. And the funny thing is the place that needs hoovering the most is the point between the tellly and me.

• Upvote 2

I get up at 5am for work. She's off on maternity and our kids are good sleepers so some days she doesn't have to get up until 7.30am-8am, getting almost 3 hours sleep on me a night. That's a potential 21 hours extra sleep a week! But when I'm going to bed around 10.30pm it's at that point she'll want to tell me about her fears about going back to work or the quality of the kids new school and regularly sheds tears over it. Not at 6pm when we're eating. Not at 7pm when her soaps start. Not even at 9am when there's fuck all on the telly. No, right before I'm going to bed, so I have to listen to her whine on because if I don't I'll be a callous twat who doesn't want to know about her/the kids. So I go to bed around 11.30pm and have a solid just over 5 hours sleep a night.

I get up at 5am for work.  She's off on maternity and our kids are good sleepers so some days she doesn't have to get up until 7.30am-8am, getting almost 3 hours sleep on me a night.  That's a potential 21 hours extra sleep a week!  But when I'm going to bed around 10.30pm it's at that point she'll want to tell me about her fears about going back to work or the quality of the kids new school and regularly sheds tears over it.  Not at 6pm when we're eating.  Not at 7pm when her soaps start.  Not even at 9am when there's fuck all on the telly.  No, right before I'm going to bed, so I have to listen to her whine on because if I don't I'll be a callous twat who doesn't want to know about her/the kids.  So I go to bed around 11.30pm and have a solid just over 5 hours sleep a night.

Luxury.