You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"I really wish they'd make another series"

Original202

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But there are some that are crying out for another. I nominate 15 Storeys High, which is brilliantly dark and massively underrated - particularly by the BBC who refused to give the go ahead for a 3rd series...

I didn't even realise there had been a 1st and a 2nd. Top stuff though.

Only Fools and Horses ran too long?

Really?

I think so. Some of the later episodes were poor, though maybe that's partly because the earlier stuff was just so good.

I haven't heard of a lot of these shows, I really need to expand my DVD collection.

Phoneix Nights is a good shout, I'd have rather seen a third series of that than Max & Paddy's road to nowhere, which was ok, but nowhere near the standard of PN.

I think so. Some of the later episodes were poor, though maybe that's partly because the earlier stuff was just so good.

I haven't heard of a lot of these shows, I really need to expand my DVD collection.

Phoneix Nights is a good shout, I'd have rather seen a third series of that than Max & Paddy's road to nowhere, which was ok, but nowhere near the standard of PN.

I dont think so mate. It was just about right that he made them millionaires in the end. Did you ever see the programmme that was on BBC and was on G.O.L.D about the making of it? They interviewed John Sullivan and he explains why it went on. I thought some of the later episodes were quite funny like 'Strangers on the Shore' was quite funny.

Gary.

[YOUTUBE]SyRIWKMJziQ[/YOUTUBE]

Same here. Though I think they've left it too long with Spaced now. Oh, and Nathan Barley.

My thoughts exactly, completely underatted all 3 of them particulary Barley, panned by the Mail (partly because of the excellent Daily Mail Island created by Charlie Brooker) and the rest of the press followed suit. Needs watching a couple of times, Brooker and Morris are geniuses living amongst idiotic skittles !

I dont think so mate. It was just about right that he made them millionaires in the end. Did you ever see the programmme that was on BBC and was on G.O.L.D about the making of it? They interviewed John Sullivan and he explains why it went on.

No, not seen that, I'll have a look on Youtube. Maybe you're right, and it was a little different to other comedies in that it was so long running that you could see the characters growing older - almost in the way you get to know soap characters (Not that I watch soaps of course...).

Trigger Happy TV, definitely. 2nd choice probably Alan Partridge.

Shit, just remembered The Young Ones, that ruled aswell. Completely forgot about it until someone brought it up on here a bit ago, used to love it. That was maybe the first comedy series I really liked.

Ted hit the two I thought of straight away. Out of rep though, brother Mac.

I was thinking that I'd love to see another series of The Day Today or Brass Eye but then got to thinking that I don't know where he'd go with it; what with the wide range of complete retardation currently offered to us as current affairs. Anything he came up with would look like a shitter, more based in reality, version of Fox News. But then it's Morris; so it would be amazing regardless.

I also agree with Paul that West Wing still has legs. I think that even if they struggled to hit the hieghts that they'd reached before it would still be nice to have an 8/10 west Wing running and running. There's not really anything that provides the same content as it did.