You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Breaking News SSN, City sign Lesscott

don

if he was naturally just an ugly fucker then this would be a good thread...

but considering he could have died in the car accident, this thread is a pile of dick.

he might play for the shite, but this is hardly funny.

also, why would you stick the 'head' onto a white mans body?

amateur.

Fucking Blue Nose

It is only a matter of time before he goes to the Arabs though, just before the transfer window closes, then 'the moyesiah' (snigger snigger) will have his annual excuse, he'll say it was Hughes's fault for unsettling their player, and it was Lescotts fault for dithering so long, even though he put in a transfer request last week, and he left him no time to fill the gap left by him.

And the idiot bitters will lap it up and believe every word he says.

It is only a matter of time before he goes to the Arabs though, just before the transfer window closes, then 'the moyesiah' (snigger snigger) will have his annual excuse, he'll say it was Hughes's fault for unsettling their player, and it was Lescotts fault for dithering so long, even though he put in a transfer request last week, and he left him no time to fill the gap left by him.

And the idiot bitters will lap it up and believe every word he says.

Moyes rule number 1: It's ALWAYS the redshite's fault. Somehow he will examine the circumstances and conclusively determine that if it wasn't for our unsuccessful pursuit of Barry in the summer, City would not have the audacity to think they could bid for any player they wanted. It's all down to Rafa and his arrogance. The blueshite will lap THAT up.

Ifithadnabinfertheredshite....

if he was naturally just an ugly fucker then this would be a good thread...

but considering he could have died in the car accident, this thread is a pile of dick.

he might play for the shite, but this is hardly funny.

also, why would you stick the 'head' onto a white mans body?

amateur.

Simmer down you over senative tampon

Check out the headlines:

David Moyes attacks Manchester City for 'twisting' Joleon Lescott's head - guardian.co.uk

David Moyes attacks Manchester City for 'twisting' Joleon Lescott's head

• David Moyes reiterates that Joleon Lescott is not for sale

• 'I make the decisions, City have not talked to me'

Everton manager David Moyes stressed again that Joleon Lescott is not for sale.

David Moyes has told the Manchester City manager Mark Hughes that it is he who makes the decisions at Goodison Park and reiterated that Joleon Lescott is not for sale.

Hughes hinted yesterday that he would go above Moyes' head in his pursuit of the England defender by suggesting City "were in conversations with the people who ultimately make the decisions at Everton".

But Moyes said today: "Lescott has had his head twisted in all of this. I hear that City think they are talking to people who make the decisions here, well that's me.

"I make the decisions, they have not talked to me and the player has been consistently told he is not for sale. He should get his head around that and get on with his career."

MOYES GETS TOUGH OVER LESCOTT

MOYES GETS TOUGH OVER LESCOTT

David Moyes' belief that he has total power at Everton produced an astonishing outburst of defiance aimed at Manchester City boss Mark Hughes over the long-running Joleon Lescott saga.

The Scot has condemned City's transfer tactics over the defender as "disgusting", and would clearly be angered by any attempt to sell the player over his head.

Manager Moyes is furious that Hughes has suggested that City "are talking to the people at Everton that ultimately make the decisions".

Two bids, £15million and £18million, plus a written transfer demand from Lescott, have not shifted Moyes from his stance despite claims that a further £22million bid could be on the way.

If Everton do sell Lescott now, Moyes' position may become untenable and chairman Bill Kenwright surely would not dare to risk such upheaval with a manager who is revered among the Goodison faithful.

Moyes, preparing his side for Saturday's season-opener at home to Arsenal, launched a bitter attack on Hughes and City.

He said: "There is no dialogue between us and Manchester City as far as I know.

"Maybe City are having dialogue with somebody else, but it is not between me and City.

"He (Hughes) said they were talking to people who make the decisions here. Well he knows who makes the decisions at Everton and it is me.

"He has never once picked up the phone and given me a call, so he is not going to get the answer. I am the one who makes the decisions here, not like other clubs.

"It has disrupted us. They have been talking about it and we have not been talking about the start of the season, that has been disruptive. So maybe that is what the overall plan was."

Moyes added: "I look back and see how Real Madrid did their business with Manchester United (over Ronaldo). It was done at the tail end of the season, and it was done quickly to allow United to buy if they wanted to do so.

"We cannot be getting offers a week or two to go before the end of the deadline. And the offers they made shows that we value Joleon Lescott far higher than they do.

"Joleon is a massive player for us, we think so much of him and do not want to lose him.

"The players here think so much of him, and as a (coaching) staff we do.

"His head has been twisted and I cannot say the way things have been done is right, it is not how we do things at this club.

"But maybe their football club is different, I control things here, maybe it is not quite the same there."

Moyes is still trying to sign Arsenal defender Philippe Senderos but has ruled out a move for Newcastle's Steven Taylor as too expensive.

In the wake of Moyes' furious attack, Hughes may well have to look elsewhere with Lescott due to play against Arsenal.

Moyes added: "City are not talking to this club, certainly not me. They know who to phone and that is me but it hasn't happened. They must be talking to the wrong people.

"It has not been handled correctly from over there (City). We do not do our business in public, we would go to the right people to find out what is happening.

"We have said all along that we do not want to sell Lescott. Most clubs will have a price for a player, Manchester United had one for Ronaldo and the business was done in the right way.

"There is not a chance we will sell this close to the end of the window, the offers were not big enough. We think the world of him, as a centre-half and a left-back. He gives us two players in one.

"City paid £12million for Gareth Barry with one year left on his contract. Lescott has four and half years on his contract left."

Moyes accepts that he now has a disgruntled player on his hands.

He said of Lescott: "He has been distracted, he is in turmoil with the situation and you can see how things have gone.

"He has been consistently told by the manager that he will not be sold so he should get his head around that and get on with the job.

"But maybe other people are telling him differently. I hope he knuckles down, he should do because the fans gave him a great reception last week for the friendly with Malaga, and they should do.

"That is what we want. The fans showed they felt the decision we were making was right, hopefully they still see that.

"It has undoubtedly clouded the start of our season. We have had a month now of all this and that has been through the media and not to me.

"I make the decisions and there has not been one call to me. They way it has been handled is disgusting and all it has done is disrupted our club and made it very difficult for us."

So it's ok for you to try & sign other players near the start of the season, but not for City to do the same?

Ferguson's puppet.

I really don't understand the stance Moyes is taking here. He can't think City will pay beyond their last bid because Lescott, good as he is for the level of player City need right now, is not a £22m man. However, if he really does want to keep him, I can't understand why. The lad has handed in a written request and obviously wants to go. I think it's madness to keep a player who doesn't want to be there any more. Moyes should cash in, find another great value signing for centre half like he always does and use the rest of his windfall to inject a bit of pace and creativity into his team.

I really don't understand the stance Moyes is taking here. He can't think City will pay beyond their last bid because Lescott, good as he is for the level of player City need right now, is not a £22m man. However, if he really does want to keep him, I can't understand why. The lad has handed in a written request and obviously wants to go. I think it's madness to keep a player who doesn't want to be there any more. Moyes should cash in, find another great value signing for centre half like he always does and use the rest of his windfall to inject a bit of pace and creativity into his team.

*coughs* Per Krøldrup *coughs*

Agree with the rest though.