You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Football opinion amnesty thread

RedinSweden

I dont think we should have sold Riise,at least without buying a direct replacement.

Aurelio doesnt really count to me as he was supposed to be cover,considering he hardly played for Valencia for 2 years previously.

We were right to sell him and I was glad we did. We have signed and tried a number of left backs from then but none have been up to it, well one has but he is broken.

We have two good ones coming through but are not ready for a full season yet, so we need to buy one and get it right this time.

Good call Nick, Souness was a fantastic bit of business.

When we bought Sami & Henchoz. I thought what the fuck is going on. One centre back I had never heard of and one from a team thats just been relegated. Was convinced they were going to be shit. First game that season was Sheff Wed away I think. I knew my assement was wrong.

Paisley used to say once your at the club it doesnt matter how much you cost your all the same now.

However cant think of a bad player he bought,

People go on about Kenny but his best ever buy has to be Souness for 352,000 a year later, because he wasnt an obvious signing like Dalglish was. Souness wasnt even in the Scotish team then, was kept out by Don Masson, times change

352k was quite a wedge back then. It may have even been the highest fee paid by a british club, but i am not entirely sure, it was around there anyway. Still good value of course.

Some of my unpopular LFC opinions

I don't rate Carroll very highly. I think he's a good striker but I doubt he can develop into the 'English Drogba' people seem to think he'll be. I much prefer quick strikers and I think he will limit our style of play too much and might make us predictable.

I think Torres will be back to scoring ways and while I think his best days are behind him, I'd still prefer him to Carroll at the moment.

I think we need a better player than Lucas for the DM position. Actually, I think it's a high priority.

I like Aurelio and Aquilani as players, even though I think we should get rid of the latter as he clearly doesn't want to be here.

I don't rate Kuyt very highly at all, and I'd hate it if he was still a first XI regular next season.

Nothing shocking but some of that has led to me being branded a WUM by some people, oddly enough.

I hate footballers and am falling more out of love with the game every year. Unless the fair play rules work I'm just going to check the wealth of each clubs owners , decide the richest wins then pick a non league side to watch. Bah humbug.

I think Lucas is vastly overrated by most and underrated by some. I'm gutted if this window ends with Henderson, Adam and downing I think it would be an absolute criminal use of funds. I'll be behind the players 100 percent though, what else can you do, what's done is done. I don't rate Andy Carrol.

Nice to get that whinge off my chest and hopefully my doubts will prove me shamefully unkowledgable as our signings transform our sides fortunes.

If I've bought a player in Football Manager, I'll often subconsciously base my opinions on a player on that, and often if they've performed well for me, cut them a bit more slack than they deserve if they are playing for Liverpool, especially if I bought them myself from another club in a previous version of a game (step forward Gabriel Paletta).

I miss us having that Spanish/Latin feel to the club that we had for a few years. Now I know this is an amnesty but for the avoidance of doubt this does not mean I want Kenny gone and Rafa back.

I hate footballers and am falling more out of love with the game every year.

I'm not entirely sure that is amnesty material as I'm pretty sure you're not alone on that one.

I know I am becoming less and less in love with the game all the time. In fact to be honest I think if Kenny hadn't come back I would have fucked it off by now.

I hate footballers and am falling more out of love with the game every year. Unless the fair play rules work I'm just going to check the wealth of each clubs owners , decide the richest wins then pick a non league side to watch. Bah humbug.

Same here, I'm afraid. And being told it's great when it quite simply isn't.....

Edited by AndyRAC

Football is a great sport, but it's a awful game.

Love playing it but watching it is getting harder

I don't think the Barca style is the cum fiesta the media does

And I might come off as a cunt but, as a rugby playing man, the way referees are treated in football is disgusting.

Liverpool fans are in no way special or better behaved than any set of fans out there.

I want to neg Hughriakos so much right now. If it wasn't for this pesky fucking amnesty thread.

Can't we do it anyway?

Or will The Forum Bully, RiS, come after us?

I'm not biased about Liverpool fans, but everyone knows we are a cut above. It's fucking obvious. Funnier, more appreciative, more loyal, and invented every single positive thing about football terrace culture, from fashion to singing.

There's a reason The Kop is world famous. It's full of Kopites.

I'm not biased about Liverpool fans, but everyone knows we are a cut above. It's fucking obvious. Funnier, more appreciative, more loyal, and invented every single positive thing about football terrace culture, from fashion to singing.

Wait but arent you a liverpool fan?