You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Football opinion amnesty thread

RedinSweden

I am completely underwhelmed by Kenny & Comolli's signings so far, apart from Suarez.

I think Andy Carroll will be a massive flop, and hold us back as nomatter what anyone says, we play 10x better without him in the team.

I think Downing will be a mediocre 'success', but of course we paid the english tax too.

I see absolutely nothing about henderson so far that Meireles doesn't offer better. Again its early days, so I'm going to have to try and find some faith from somewhere. But this past few seasons of medicre signings has turned me into quite the pessimist.

I don't see us getting 4th as it stands at the moment. Maybe not even 5th. Not just because of preseason friendlies. Gerrard will get injured again. Suarez can't do it on his own, and Carroll looks fat, slow, and like he's not half arsed so far. Bar a purple patch at the end of last season, Johnston looks a liability and we have no LB.

I am completely underwhelmed by Kenny & Comolli's signings so far, apart from Suarez.

I think Andy Carroll will be a massive flop, and hold us back as nomatter what anyone says, we play 10x better without him in the team.

I think Downing will be a mediocre 'success', but of course we paid the english tax too.

I see absolutely nothing about henderson so far that Meireles doesn't offer better. Again its early days, so I'm going to have to try and find some faith from somewhere. But this past few seasons of medicre signings has turned me into quite the pessimist.

I don't see us getting 4th as it stands at the moment. Maybe not even 5th. Not just because of preseason friendlies. Gerrard will get injured again. Suarez can't do it on his own, and Carroll looks fat, slow, and like he's not half arsed so far. Bar a purple patch at the end of last season, Johnston looks a liability and we have no LB.

My sentiments exactly. I would rep you if I could.

We will remain a 2 man team for the foreseeable future. If Gerrard and Suarez are out, we won't beat the top sides. If we can keep them both fit and in form throughout the whole season, only then will we have a real chance of making the top 4. The other players just don't cut it when it comes to challenging the top 4.

I fucking hate people who can't spell, or outright don't know players' names.

It's Skrtel not Skyrtel.

It's Johnson, not Johnston.

It's Adam, not Adams.

And his name is fucking JOSE Enrique, not Luis Enrique (this is actually a farce, there's a piece in the Telegraph today where the writer calls him Luis Enrique repeatedly. Where's the fucking editor?)

What is the penalty for negging someone in this thread? And what if you really, really want to?

I've only read this page and my neg-finger is itching.

I fired on Ant which means I'd have to light both of you up. I'm a man of peace, though, so I don't want to do that.

Besides, if people are considerate enough not to piss on people's chips elsewhere and only air their grievances in a thread like this, they should be treated with respect.

I haven't actually negged anyone - but I have had to step away from the thread.

It's a bit like on this thread http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/gf-general-forum/30819-bird-fancying-amnesty-thread.html when people post pictures of unspeakable muntstrosities, instead of borderline boilers.