You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Owen to United

justino

I am surprised Dave Whelan can talk with Ferguson's cock so far down his throat. I am really starting to hate this twat.

It's relentless, his comments before they played the mancs near the end of last season.

I wonder how the Wigan supporters feel about this or are they like evertonians and the mancs are the second team?

I hope they go down this year. In fact I hope they go down on goal difference and an Owen hat trick is the difference (after we've won the title of course) and they can go back to the rugby.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's relentless, his comments before they played the mancs near the end of last season.

I wonder how the Wigan supporters feel about this or are they like evertonians and the mancs are the second team?

I hope they go down this year. In fact I hope they go down on goal difference and an Owen hat trick is the difference (after we've won the title of course) and they can go back to the rugby.

Aye, "it would be a shame if we beat them". The twat.

My girlfriend is a Pompey fan and she went to Wigan away last year with her dad and she said there were people at the game in the Wigan end with Manure tops on, how smalltime is that !!

Whelen is a massive cunt, I really hope they go down this season... his recent wankfest over purple nose is cringeworthy.

Mark my words

Wigan WILL be relegated this season. A mate of mine is a big Wigan fan and even he can see it. Kirkland will fuck off, Heskey*(!) has gone, Valencia is Gary Neville's new bum lover, they're trying to sign Jason Scotland from Swansea.

They will go down.

*The Heskey comment came from the Wigan fan. He continued to tell me why they will go down after I replaced my pissed in underwear.

Dave Whelan talks too much, he's from the Bill Kenwright school of chairmen - i.e he thinks owning a club gives his opinions crdence - it doesn't - no more so than the head of Marlboro should be entitled to pass comment on the technical skills of Ayrton Senna

Many if not most Wigan supporters also support Man U. Obviously, this sort of thing (similarly, Liverpool fans who also support Tranmere/Southport/Chester/Shrewsbury etc) is absolutely fine when there's two or three divisions between the teams, but Wigan's meteoric rise from footballing non-entity to mid-table Premier league club in a few short years has meant divided loyalties for much of their fanbase.

OWEN UNPOPULARITY

No one wants an Owen shirt

By Soccernet staff

July 7, 2009

It's lucky for Michael Owen that Sir Alex Ferguson rates him, because Manchester United supporters certainly do not. Since he signed on Friday, the club shop has yet to receive a single request for an Owen shirt.

This evidences just how widely the dissatisfaction with his purchase is felt; very few supporters feel that he is good enough to play for the team, and just as many are resentful of having an ex-Liverpool player in the squad.

An employee at United's megastore commented that:

"We haven't got his number yet, which might have had an effect, [but] we are not expecting a big demand even when that is known. As far as I know, no one has asked for [it]".

No one wants a Michael Owen Manchester United shirt - England - ESPN Soccernet

But first Wenger's embryo's will thrash a League 1 and Championship side 4-0 and 6-0. The press will talk about the Beautiful football that Arsenal play and how this is the future and Arsenal will win the World Cup in 2014 and be better than Brazil circa 1970. Arsenal will also beat a Premiership team with one or two of the starting XI and this will be further proof.

Then they'll lose to Chelsea and win nothing.

Funny, cos it's true:wallbutt:

The move doesn't make any sense at all.

Owen needs to be playing week in week out to get fit and win back his much beloved england shirt, yet he'll be a bit part player at best for Man U, lucky to play 20 games?

For Man U and the likes of Wellbeck Macheda, it shows that Fergie really doesn't rate them that highly or he would of used them in Owens place!

AT LAST WE'RE G-OWEN PLACES

Daily Mirror 31 July 2004

Michael Owen has revealed the emotional reasons behind his decision to agree a new Liverpool contract.

The Anfield striker is on the verge of committing himself to another three years at the club, and he admitted he simply could not turn his back on the side he joined at 11, because it is in his blood.

Speaking candidly about the negotiations over a new deal, the England international forward insisted he only ever wanted to win trophies, and negotiations have centred on his ambitions for the club.

Owen confirmed he has agreed, in principle, a deal, and it will be signed when he returns from Liverpool's pre-season tour of North America.

Speaking last night, before he faced Porto in Toronto's Skydrome in the early hours of this morning, Owen revealed the arrival of new manager Rafael Benitez had swayed his thinking.

The former Valencia coach has a formidable track record, and Owen believes the Spanish coach can weave his magic on an ailing Liverpool and transform them into genuine title contenders once more.

Owen was on the verge of leaving last season because the club was so far away from honours, but he said there is now a far more positive outlook about Liverpool's title prospects.

"I want to be winning things, I want to be going for the big prizes - that's never been any different from the day I started,'' said Owen.

"It's pretty clear most people in football are ambitious and I am no different.

"Last year we were quite far away from winning any of the big prizes and we do need to catch up a bit, so hopefully now we can close that gap.

"There is no arguing with the fact that we were not that close to the top last year and winning things. I am sure we will be much closer this year.

"There is no doubt that a change of management does spur people on again. It means that everyone has a fresh new start in a way - everyone sets targets for the season.

"Players not in the team are really working hard to prove they should be in there again, and others are trying to make sure they stay in.

"It's excellent news for the club to have a manager with Rafa's track record. He left a very successful side in Valencia to come here. Of course I want to win trophies, that is what it is all about."

For Owen, the complex negotiations, which have taken place over five meetings in the past few months, have centred on the club's plans for the future, and just how much help Benitez will be given to transform Liverpool into real title contenders.

The arrival of the Spaniard itself was a significant event in Owen's eyes, and the arrival of Djibril Cisse is another positive factor.

But the 25-year-old admitted the biggest single factor of all in his deliberations has been the loyalty he still owes to the club who signed him as a tiny 11-year-old.

There was, he says, no prospect of him walking out under a cloud. Instead, he is ready to sign a deal within the next few days, barring last-minute hitches.

"I don't want anything dragging on...it was clear we needed to sort something as soon as possible," he said.

"To be honest, everyone was talking about my contract six months before we even had the first meeting so, although it seemed that it has gone on for ages, it isn't that long really.

"But I have been at Liverpool since I was about 11 - Liverpool is in my blood and always will be, no matter what I am doing.

"I certainly don't want to let the club down, and certainly not for it to be dragging into the season.

"I said I would never walk out and leave them in the lurch, and that still stands. I have a commitment to this club."

Owen got the chance to play alongside Cisse for the first time in the early hours of this morning, and the England striker admitted the prospect was an inviting one.

The Frenchman, Owen insists, has been a revelation in training and he believes that the two can form a deadly partnership once the Premiership season gets underway.

"I have not played alongside him yet, but I've seen what Djibril can do in training and thereis no doubt that he is a very good player," he said.

"He was top scorer in France last year and you have to be good to do that. Certainly the first signs from him have been very encouraging.

"He didn't have a bad start against Celtic and, hopefully, he can keep on producing that this season."

Importantly, Owen believes that the two strikers can form a complementary partnership, and he added: "We are very different kinds of strikers and we haven't lined up together so far, but in training you can see what he is capable of.

"Everyone knows his attributes - he's quick and he can certainly score goals.

"He has a very good all-round game.

"With a bit of luck he will prove what a good player he is in the Premiership, and I think it gives us a great mixture of strikers at the club in general."

Good find, that article. What a horrible little cunt Owen comes across as when you're reading that and know what happened later.

Won't leave Liverpool in a lurch - cheers Mike, Nunez and 8m was great.

Liverpool in my blood - "I always hoped sir Alex would be in for me".