You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

So are we believing bascombe on this one?

I think a lot can be read into whether Alonso is on the plane to the far east. If he goes with the squad, I believe he will stay, if not, I believe he'll go. Guess we can wait and see tomorrow.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes why wouldn't we? He wouldn't just make that up on a whim would he?

Reading between the lines it looks like it doesn't mean Xabi won't leave still though as Madrid could come in with the asking price next week and Rafa takes the dough despite Xabi not actively wanting to leave. I don't think the article is meant to be a Xabi is 100% defo staying piece but more of a he isn't actively looking to leave and if he does leave it will be others who make it happen rather than himself which was the case only two short weeks ago.

I thought the accepted wisdom was he wants to leave because he hates the nasty fat beardy man?

Is it now he is desperate to stay and will only go if the nasty fat beardy man forces him to?

I think a lot can be read into whether Alonso is on the plane to the far east. If he goes with the squad, I believe he will stay, if not, I believe he'll go. Guess we can wait and see tomorrow.

I have a feeling he will be on the plane to be honest or he could turn round and do his best B.A. Baracus impression and say ''I ain't getting on no damn plane Rafa''.

I thought the accepted wisdom was he wants to leave because he hates the nasty fat beardy man?

Is it now he is desperate to stay and will only go if the nasty fat beardy man forces him to?

He may just not be desperate to leave rather than desperate to stay if you get what I mean.

He can do nothing though if Madrid cough up the reddies next week though. Then the ball is firmly in Rafa's court and we will see how much Rafa really wants to keep him then.

I thought the accepted wisdom was whatever made the nasty fat beardy man solely* responsible.

*To clarify - on the basis that I believe there is shared responsibility.

I am unsure about Ashley Young, let alone the price involved. Kuyt scored 12 and got 8 assists in the league and Young scored 7 and got 7 assists. Young is far more pleasing to the eye than Kuyt and can beat a man more readily, he has room to improve but at £20 million+ I expect more than potential.

I agree with that. I would've been more convinced about Silva if it weren't for his injuries last season.

magic-sign1.jpg

Me and the Missus are visiting the Cotswolds for a week in August & staying down in Cirencester for 2 of the nights. I don't drive , so she will be doing it all , much to her chagrin.

There is absolutely no way she is getting to see that picture before we go.

He is only offering his opinion and passing on his judgement of the happenings of late, so there's nothing to believe or not, just agree or not.

I am hoping he's right rather than believing.

I'm sitting here thinking why not just have 1 big roundabout? but why have any? what is this country's obsession with roundabouts all about?

That roundabout was inspired by TLW forum - circles within circles.

I'm sure this thread is one of the reasons I stay in the G* more nowadays. Will seeyou next week more once he's gone. (even though saying that makes me feel like shit, I'm pretty drunk.)

Have a good one Xabi, you'll be missed bud.