You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

I just can't see Madrid being so charitable and practically giving us a Dutch international away.

I don't think we will have Silva type money left over and I can't see Rafa blowing it all on one player. He will sit on it and wait for the right players at the right prices. Everyone will know we are cash rich which will hike the prices of players up we go for. Ferguson is doing the same at United. Everyone knows they are cash rich after Ronaldo's sale so he will keep the money and wait like Rafa will do if indeed Alonso does leave.

Rafa can't be so frivolous this time around and I think he knows that. The next four or five years could depend on how wisely he spends his dough from now on.

They want to get rid of all the Dutch players so why not?

Alonso has 3 years left, the club have said he's not for sale (even though we know he is) and so it would seem for once in our lives we are playing hard ball.

Look at Inter/Barca, Eto'o for the Zlat would be a great deal but Inter played hard ball and are getting about 30m euros as well which is unreal.

We are a heavyweight of European football but for far too long we've acted like an easy touch, I'm delighted we've finally grown a pair.

As Red Nick has said, Sneijder (if it is him) will take Xabi's place and then the money will go on Silva.

I'm feeling very optimistic about the whole thing, but I'm sure by the middle of next week we'll know for defo what the score is.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back up strikers are Babel, Nemeth, Kuyt and N-Gog.

Robben and Silva are much better players than the latter 3.

I'd rather Negredo or RVN as our back up striker than the names you mention.

Don't see why we need Silva and Robben, as Benitez will always play Kuyt and Yossi should have a key role after last season.

Babel should be sold as he falls into the dross category.

Guest Kenny

can someone tell me where this supposed deal has come from? A dutch international plus £22m, i dont think so, more bull shit from David Maddock.

Surely they'd rather playing for us than playing second fiddle to Ronaldo, Kaka etc.

They would all have great chances of getting in our first XI.

People are also forgetting something? How do we even know David Silva wants to come here? Sneijder? Robben? Van Nistelrooy?

I would say it is a safe bet not one of them would really want to come here if it came down to it.

Your a right Mr Happy Tonight, well more like

h5338.jpg

Guest Kenny
Not just Maddock either. The Times as well.

The bit in the Times was hardly a exclusive, just a paragraph with a repeat of yesterdays news.

Edited by Kenny

Surely they'd rather playing for us than playing second fiddle to Ronaldo, Kaka etc.

They would all have great chances of getting in our first XI.

What about the wages of these players. If we signed Sneijder and Robben say for Xabi like some have suggested and we still had Silva coming in then the wages are going to go through the roof. I can imagine Sneijder and Robben are on 80-90k at a push there and Silva will want top whack as well as the hefty transfer fee we would be shelling out as well.

I'd rather Negredo or RVN as our back up striker than the names you mention.

Don't see why we need Silva and Robben, as Benitez will always play Kuyt and Yossi should have a key role after last season.

Babel should be sold as he falls into the dross category.

It's not that we need both players, but look at it from TT's point of view. He doesn't rate Kuyt at all, and when Yossi signed he started a thread titled "Yossi Benayoun...Fuck Off!!". He values the qualities of Silva and Robben much higher than the current players at our club, so it makes perfect sense to bring in to very good players whom he does rate.

That, and Silva and Robben are very different types of wingers.

What about the wages of these players. If we signed Sneijder and Robben say for Xabi like some have suggested and we still had Silva coming in then the wages are going to go through the roof. I can imagine Sneijder and Robben are on 80-90k at a push there and Silva will want top whack as well as the hefty transfer fee we would be shelling out as well.

I think the best way of making sure we have enough for wages is by selling Babel, Dossena, Voronin etc.

It's not that we need both players, but look at it from TT's point of view. He doesn't rate Kuyt at all, and when Yossi signed he started a thread titled "Yossi Benayoun...Fuck Off!!". He values the qualities of Silva and Robben much higher than the current players at our club, so it makes perfect sense to bring in to very good players whom he does rate.

That, and Silva and Robben are very different types of wingers.

Fine.

But we still need better back up to Torres than Babel and Ngog.

I think the best way of making sure we have enough for wages is by selling Babel, Dossena, Voronin etc.

Yeah that is a good idea in hindsight but we would have to practically give them away especially Babel and Dossena considering they are on long term deals and huge wages. We bought Doss for 7m a year ago. He has just broken into the Italy squad as I am sure his agent would have tried to get across when the terms were being discussed so he must be on a decent wage to say the least. Degsy Degen is on near 40k a week after all.

Fine.

But we still need better back up to Torres than Babel and Ngog.

Agreed. The reason why Man United won the league last season is because they could replace quality with quality and we couldn't. If Ronaldo or Rooney were unavailable, they still had Tevez and Berbatov to lead the line. That was the main difference last season.

If he is leaving, we should asl for 25+m and a player(s), or straight 35m+.

Now I don't support the Sneijder option. Class Player, but he is not comfortable on the wings and if played centrally it would mean behinf Nando, with Gerrard in midfield. I think we learned from Keane that Gerrard-Torres partnership is the building black and it should stay that way. Plus Sneijder is too attacking to play in Xabi's current position for us.

Now Robben Is a cunt, and he openly stated that he hates us, eventhough he would fit our requirements, I would not want him here. He is a little injury prone as well.

Van Der Vaart is as good as Riera, if not worse.

Which Leaves Higuain and Gago as the only realistic Makeweights. Any Of them would do nicely. But if Xabi wants to leave my best deal would be 20m+Gago+Higuain.

Since Higuain can play in differenmt attacking positions plus providing cover for Torres, I would think that would be a very good summer.

Agreed. The reason why Man United won the league last season is because they could replace quality with quality and we couldn't. If Ronaldo or Rooney were unavailable, they still had Tevez and Berbatov to lead the line. That was the main difference last season.

Yep.

I don't think Ngog and Babel are ready to cut the mustard as back up.

We need more quality.

People are also forgetting something? How do we even know David Silva wants to come here? Sneijder? Robben? Van Nistelrooy?

I would say it is a safe bet not one of them would really want to come here if it came down to it.

Why wouldn't they? We're one of the best teams in Europe with a realistic chance of winning things domestically and abroad.

Am surprised you've said something like that John.