You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

I can already see how this is going to be spun on here if Madrid put the money up

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed yeah, I've got mo animosity toward the man at all, but I won't shed any tears for him if he goes, and I certainly won't blame Rafa. Alonso isn't a child who's somehow been manipulated, he was on his way out the door last season because he'd been playing shite.

notorious_b_i_g_the-mo_money_mo_problems--single--big.jpg

Shall we sell Mascherano too?

It's all about opinions, but to answer your question no. I happen to think Alonso is overated, and for the money being quoted I would sell him. I think Mascherano is the best at what he does by a mile, whereas I think Alonso is slow, ponderous and doesn't score enough goals for someone in his position, again just my opinion.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
How?

See, he did want to sell him, forced him out he did

The cunt

Etc

etc

etc

Until our eyes bleed

It's all about opinions, but to answer your question no. I happen to think Alonso is overated, and for the money being quoted I would sell him. I think Mascherano is the best at what he does by a mile, whereas I think Alonso is slow, ponderous and doesn't score enough goals for someone in his position, again just my opinion.

I tend to agree with you a Poor verion of Sumoman

I've made my peace with all this now. I dont want him to leave but if you accept he wants to leave, and you cant really begrudge him wanting to play out his prime years in his own country, then it's almost certain we'll get more dough for him now than at any other time. It's a twat but at least we should be able to get a deal that will put us in the best position to soften the blow of him leaving.

See, he did want to sell him, forced him out he did

The cunt

Etc

etc

etc

Until our eyes bleed

I seriously doubt it. If Real put the money up, he'll go. Everyone's pretty much come to terms with that.

If, hopefully, they don't he'll stay and we'll have a better chance of winning the league with him in the side.

People have already made up their mind one way or another about why he's going. Most people, including myself, resigned themselves to having seen Xabi play his last game for this club long ago. I've chosen to believe what I believe are the reasons behind him going and yourself likewise.

I think the last thing 95% of this forum wants is to get bogged down in arguing constantly. Despite what people may think, I'm not one of the 5% who just wants to argue.

If he goes, he goes. We move on.

Guillem Balague Football Website | Benitez meeting today could determine Alonso future

I can tell you that we may not have to wait very long. Real Madrid will be eagerly anticipating the outcome of Xabi Alonso`s meeting with Rafa Benitez today

Haha, love this. What are they expecting? For them to come out of that meeting, and Rafa being so touched and moved by Xabi' plight we'll suddenly let them have him for less than they're going to be getting them.

Rafa needs to let Xabi and Real know, there's a deadline, and when/if that deadline isn't met, we'll severe all contact with Real on the matter, that's it, case closed for another year.

If this rumbles on all Summer long and we end up caving then those who still think Rafa wants rid, well they very well might be right.

Haha, love this. What are they expecting? For them to come out of that meeting, and Rafa being so touched and moved by Xabi' plight we'll suddenly let them have him for less than they're going to be getting them.

Rafa needs to let Xabi and Real know, there's a deadline, and when/if that deadline isn't met, we'll severe all contact with Real on the matter, that's it, case closed for another year.

If this rumbles on all Summer long and we end up caving then those who still think Rafa wants rid, well they very well might be right.

"A number of Liverpool fans, tired of the endless speculation, will now have to read more speculation regarding Xabi Alonso."

I would have been.

As would I. There were a few people this time last season who were desperate for him to stay because we knew he was a quality player who, if fit, would be one of our most important players.

Others would have preferred to have Gareth Barry in the team.

Unfortunately we're now faced with a situation where Alonso will go and there isn't any obvious replacement!

As would I. There were a few people this time last season who were desperate for him to stay because we knew he was a quality player who, if fit, would be one of our most important players.

Unfortunately we're now faced with a situation where Alonso will go and there isn't any obvious replacement!

And some of us wanted the manager to get the players he wanted even though they had huge reservations about Barry

Others still wanted to keep Alonso, but didn't have a problem with us signing Barry as well.

And some of us wanted the manager to get the players he wanted even though they had huge reservations about Barry

He only missed out on one of his first choice targets last year.

But the one that caused all the shit

Well he'd supposedly been used to missing out on his first choice targets since he came here so I don't see why he had to kick up such a stink about this one. Especially as Barry's shit anyway.