You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Morten Gamst Pedersen

Jonte

is suspended, and I met him out on the ale yesterday here in Tromsø.

First I thought he acted like a tit taking pictures all over the place, talking to everybody, but eventualy he came across humble and decent.

If I didn't know who he was I wouldn't have seen him as a "superstar".

But, anyway - I think he should focus on playing football instead of going on the piss in the middle of a hard season for Blackburn.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not surprised that a technically gifted footballer feels the need to drown his sorrows after Sam Allardyce has taken over as manager.

"So Morten, when you get the ball on the wing, none of that fancy business eh, just hoof it into the box..."

Guest ShoePiss
One question.

If you have been out during the wekend, how do you feel on Wednesday?

100% to my level of fitness. The thing is professional football is a little different than my sedentary lifestyle and I'd guess being even slightly off pace makes a big difference in performance. They are supposed to be professional athletes, not Sunday pub team players.

100% to my level of fitness. The thing is professional football is a little different than my sedentary lifestyle and I'd guess being even slightly off pace makes a big difference in performance. They are supposed to be professional athletes, not Sunday pub team players.

Well you are obviously wrong, footballers being the key word here.

Going out once in a while will not affect a footballers level of performance one bit if he is going to play a match 4-5 days later.

If you do it every week it will probably have an affect, but not any more than being a regular smoker will affect you.

If a footballer go out once a month it will mean fuck all for his performances 4- days later.

Guest ShoePiss
Well you are obviously wrong, footballers being the key word here.

Going out once in a while will not affect a footballers level of performance one bit if he is going to play a match 4-5 days later.

If you do it every week it will probably have an affect, but not any more than being a regular smoker will affect you.

If a footballer go out once a month it will mean fuck all for his performances 4- days later.

Obviously wrong about what?

Obviously wrong about what?

Wrong about thinking going out once in a while for a footballer when its more than 4 days to the next match will have any affect of the players performance on the pitch in the upcoming match.

Not taking into account the fact he might stumble and break something off course.

Guest ShoePiss
Wrong about thinking going out once in a while for a footballer when its more than 4 days to the next match will have any affect of the players performance on the pitch in the upcoming match.

Not taking into account the fact he might stumble and break something off course.

ok, I'm not sure how Footballer is the key word as they are athletes none the less. I'd guess it depends on what 'going out once in a while' consists of, I rarely get hammered but have had 2 day hangovers, no idea of knowing if I'd be 100% a further 2 days after that.

They need and should be able to let loose just like the rest of us. If I was a professional athlete though I just wouldn't be consuming alcohol to excess and my diet would be calculated for optimum performance.

How do you know it has zero affect? I have no background in sports science etc...