You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Something special occured tonight

Antynwa

Fair do's, as you can see It isn't for me.

The non-footballing issues are why I haven't enjoyed going as much this year, every dropped point and I think of the criticism of Rafa and dread waking up one day and reading he has gone! I realise other's dont see it that way, but I am very pro-rafa, I can even the see the good in Ngog!!!

The non-footballing issues are an even bigger problem for me than the football! I can't go, at least the football is good, and its taking my mind away from it.

I am getting more and more distressed watching shite game after shite game with all the non-footballing bollocks.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which comes first?

The owners lying about the stadium and funds for team improvement?

The owners and the CEO actively trying to recruit a new manager behind the existing ones back?

The CEO meddling in team transfers in a manner AGAINST the wishes of the manager?

The CEO, owners and their lackeys all prepping their favourite attack dogs in the media and press to do their dirty for them? (ChrisB, take a bow, you're a real Red!)?

Or Rafa Benitez putting his side forward, publically?

Right, this destruction of this mythical "Liverpool Way" all starts and ends with Rafa, huh?

Perhaps you ought to demonstrate how Rafa won't get eaten alive if he, alone amongst all the participants, just stays mum and tries to behave like a good little boy.

And its NOT disproportionate. This is a club I've followed passionately for 31 years. And I'm totally fucking disgusted at the attitude some people have taken. I can accept media and press bias. But so-called Liverpool fans swallowing all the prevailing bullshit hook line and sinker and turning en masse against their own manager, 1 League defeat all season and all, going strong in the European Cup and all.......

completely disgusts me.

Behind all the xenophobia (Spanish git just doesn't understand how much our fans want to win the League .... yawn), the anxiety (every game, and every dropped point becomes that much more intense precisely because we're challenging for the league - remember? that thing you all wanted?), and the mean-spiritedness (bloody smug git, doing things HIS way - rotation and what not - who does he think he is) ...

there is a real truth behind it all.

The only reason Rafa is really copping it from all corners is because he is, inch by inch, season after season, game after game, is slowly turning Liverpool into a credible force again. In Europe. At home. Its real. You only have to look at the "pundits" queueing up to slag him off. The London press falling over themselves to drag up zonal marking and rotation ad nauseum.

Deep down, they know it. Hence the reaction.

Fuck them. You're supposed to be Liverpool fans. What the fuck is the matter with you lot?

I've always liked ISRs posts. Its true what he says you know.

I usually am a big fan of when you post ISR, but that just isn't the case right now. We are only challenging because the Arsenal and Chelsea have had a meltdown.

We've basically lucked our way into 2nd place, and we all know it, even though some of us might not admit it.

We've taken a step backwards, and last summer's transfer period was an absolute waste of time, valuable time we cannot afford to waste because every summer Utd improve their squad.

We are not playing like a club challenging for the league, and EVERYONE can see that.

Opposition just are not scared of us, and they should be...

Were still on for over 80 points this season, thats not lucking your way to anything, thats working hard and delivering, only not quite enough.

Stress levels.

That's the main difference when we play in Europe. In the group stages we know we can have a couple of iffy results and still get through. In the knock-out stages we know we can get away with a draw and still make up for it later. Result - we relax and play better, comfortable that we are as good as anyone and will get the chance to prove it.

In the league we know that just a couple of draws will probably mean that we've just lost four points in the chase and we're playing catch-up. Result - unless we score early in a game, we tighten up and lose our quality until we come to the final ten minutes when we chuck the kitchen sink at it and sometimes we nick it and sometimes we don't.

We don't quite have the level of quality to consistently finish off these drawn games when we're on top (controlling but not creating). Torres was doing it last year but he's limped through this season. So we tighten up and frustrate.

Ferguson was right when he said we'd crack under the strain in the second half of the season. I'm just hoping we can "write off" the league mentally and start playing with a bit more freedom for the rest of the season.

This is the first season I think we have had to genuinely deal with being at the top and all the presure that brings.

We do need to be more ruthless, Xabi and Riera need to score a few more, Arbeloa could do with making a couple more crosses count during the games, cut out the stupid mistakes, Hull, Wigan and the Shite (6 points). But we have to learn how to cope, Man blew their first chance, Arsenal blew their first chance, and again last year. I would like a bit more pace, two or three players who could stretch teams, I would take the risk on Joaquin and I would have Babel as cover for Nando. Johnson as right back and Michael Johnson instead of lucas

Edited by Whelan
makes more sense

isr's right. His argument is pretty bomb proof, vitriolic or not.

More than 50% of the home performances this season have not had the look of a team going places domestically, I wouldn't say his argument is bomb proof at all. Great result last night but lets not forget performances against stoke, hull, city, fulham and west ham have been very poor and we never looked like winning in any of them games. The movement needs to be worked upon and it would nice if we played with a bit more style at Anfield.

Last night just summed up how unbelievably fucked up and frustrating Liverpool Football Club is. After all the shite, coming home after the match on Sunday when I felt the lowest I have since Athens, things looked bleaker than ever. How couldn't we beat Man City at home? But when thoughts shifted to Madrid last night, I just had that sense of optimism that Rafa has brought us in Europe. When my mates asked me how I thought we'd do, I said the same thing as I do before every big Euro game. How can anyone bet against us getting a result under Rafa? I just knew that there was no way Rafa would take his team to Madrid, his boyhood club infront of his own people, and come away humbled. That game would've meant as much to him as any so far in his career.

Speaking to my dad on the phone this morning, and we talked about the match and all that. I just said to him that as crazy as it sounds, last night sums up why I still won't rule us out the League. Time and time again when our back's have been well and truly against the wall, when no one has gave us a chance, Rafa has dug it out from no where. I just can't yet bring myself to say the title is gone. Supporting Liverpool over the past few years has taught me that it would be foolish to write something off when it's still possible. Maybe I am talking shit, over optimistic blarey eyed bull. But we've had so many of these fairytale moments in recent history that I just think that the script is written for us.

I usually am a big fan of when you post ISR, but that just isn't the case right now. We are only challenging because the Arsenal and Chelsea have had a meltdown.

We've basically lucked our way into 2nd place, and we all know it, even though some of us might not admit it.

We've taken a step backwards, and last summer's transfer period was an absolute waste of time, valuable time we cannot afford to waste because every summer Utd improve their squad.

We are not playing like a club challenging for the league, and EVERYONE can see that.

Opposition just are not scared of us, and they should be...

Is it therefore right to suggest that Man Utd have only won their league championships since 1992 because we had a meltdown - does that somehow make it easier to bear or less rewarding for them?

What a silly thing to say.

I think that's slightly over the top. Our struggles at home against weaker sides has only crept in over the last couple of seasons. Before that our home form was as good as it got and we had no major problems over powering the perceived smaller teams.

What - didn't you support us through the Sounness/Evans/Houllier period?

What a silly thing to say.

I am not talking point tallies... I am talking that ticket holders are feeling ripped after leaving Anfield because they've just paid £40 for a yawnfest of shite football. I don't give two fucking shits if we are 2nd or 4th or 14th... when you are playing shite football, its not entertaining, and it's not deserving of the three points.

Home games are excrutiating for me, right now. The players look like they aren't bothered, and one good performance in Europe doesn't change this...

Give it all up then - go and watch the Harlem Globetrotters.

They even "Whoop" when they pass the ball.

Speaking to my dad on the phone this morning, and we talked about the match and all that. I just said to him that as crazy as it sounds, last night sums up why I still won't rule us out the League. Time and time again when our back's have been well and truly against the wall, when no one has gave us a chance, Rafa has dug it out from no where. I just can't yet bring myself to say the title is gone. Supporting Liverpool over the past few years has taught me that it would be foolish to write something off when it's still possible. Maybe I am talking shit, over optimistic blarey eyed bull. But we've had so many of these fairytale moments in recent history that I just think that the script is written for us.

My Uncle injected me with some hope last night, prior to the game. It might turn out to be false hope but we still have a chance. The Mancs do not play on Sunday, should we win, it will be 4 points but they have a game in hand. We both play midweek, if we win and they draw, it would be two points but they still have a game in hand. However, if we win at Old Trafford, it can reverse the game in hand. Which would leave us 2 points behind, providing we can continue to win and they win their game in hand. It's if buts and maybes but we have a real chance. I put my white flag up on Sunday but it might have been a touch premature.

Last night just summed up how unbelievably fucked up and frustrating Liverpool Football Club is. After all the shite, coming home after the match on Sunday when I felt the lowest I have since Athens, things looked bleaker than ever. How couldn't we beat Man City at home? But when thoughts shifted to Madrid last night, I just had that sense of optimism that Rafa has brought us in Europe. When my mates asked me how I thought we'd do, I said the same thing as I do before every big Euro game. How can anyone bet against us getting a result under Rafa? I just knew that there was no way Rafa would take his team to Madrid, his boyhood club infront of his own people, and come away humbled. That game would've meant as much to him as any so far in his career.

It reminds me the last time we played a Spanish giant in their backyard - one of our players twatted another with a golf club and yet we still came home with a great win. Amid all the shite surrounding Rafa and the club last night we came away with another victory. It's pretty bizarre.

My Uncle injected me with some hope last night, prior to the game. It might turn out to be false hope but we still have a chance. The Mancs do not play on Sunday, should we win, it will be 4 points but they have a game in hand. We both play midweek, if we win and they draw, it would be two points but they still have a game in hand. However, if we win at Old Trafford, it can reverse the game in hand. Which would leave us 2 points behind, providing we can continue to win and they win their game in hand. It's if buts and maybes but we have a real chance. I put my white flag up on Sunday but it might have been a touch premature.

The thing is Dirk, if we end up 2nd, while we will feel dissapointed, isnt the turth, that if we get over 80pts, we've done well ?

Isn't it true that Fergie led United to 11th, 2nd, 11th, 13th, 6th and finally second prior to actually taking the massive leap to Champions ?

In the past we've, LFC fans, acknowledged hat there is a huge leap from also rans, allbeit, in the top 4 to title winners, why has this perspective been forgotten ?

I like your optimism, it is all if buts and maybes, didnt United throw away 9 points to Arsenal in 98 ? But even if we fall short, if we remain 2nd, we've a solid base to build from, we'll have experience, invaluable experience, of a title run in, when under pressure and thats the kind of thing that enables teams to move forward.

If we win, fantastic, if wre second or there abouts and have more than 80 points, then we've setup base camp for a full on assault on summit premiership next season.

It only takes one poor result, one draw, and the mancs could drop points. The goal against on Saturday has shown teams they are not an unbreachable wall. They're not this fuckin invincible superpower the press are making out. They're grinding results out, which the media slated us for earlier on in the season. When we did it we where boring and lucky. When the mancs do it it's the sign of Champions. Blackburn went at them on Saturday and showed that if you don't role over and die against them, they are beatable (Howard Webb depending). I'm 95% sure they'll drop points. But we need to literally be faultless now from here untill May. We can be, if we adopt the same mentality as last night. Apologies for turning it in to a league thread, I'll shut up about it now, but I really hope last night is the springboard. The thought of that jock cunt equalling our record sickens me. Shanks and Sir Bob would turn in their graves. We can't let that happen.

I'm just hoping we can "write off" the league mentally and start playing with a bit more freedom for the rest of the season.

If last night was anything to go by, we already have. The players, knowing that they're now out of the title race, seemed to have had a huge weight lifted off their shoulders.

Of course, this raises the worry that the players aren't mentally equipped to win the league, in which case it might be worth signing a few players in the summer who've actually won the toughest club competition in the world, the English Premier League.

If last night was anything to go by, we already have. The players, knowing that they're now out of the title race, seemed to have had a huge weight lifted off their shoulders.

Of course, this raises the worry that the players aren't mentally equipped to win the league, in which case it might be worth signing a few players in the summer who've actually won the toughest club competition in the world, the English Premier League.

And you worked all this out by watching the game on the telly? Watching them play the same way they always play in these type of games. Kudos!

Which comes first?

The owners lying about the stadium and funds for team improvement?

The owners and the CEO actively trying to recruit a new manager behind the existing ones back?

The CEO meddling in team transfers in a manner AGAINST the wishes of the manager?

The CEO, owners and their lackeys all prepping their favourite attack dogs in the media and press to do their dirty for them? (ChrisB, take a bow, you're a real Red!)?

Or Rafa Benitez putting his side forward, publically?

Right, this destruction of this mythical "Liverpool Way" all starts and ends with Rafa, huh?

Perhaps you ought to demonstrate how Rafa won't get eaten alive if he, alone amongst all the participants, just stays mum and tries to behave like a good little boy.

And its NOT disproportionate. This is a club I've followed passionately for 31 years. And I'm totally fucking disgusted at the attitude some people have taken. I can accept media and press bias. But so-called Liverpool fans swallowing all the prevailing bullshit hook line and sinker and turning en masse against their own manager, 1 League defeat all season and all, going strong in the European Cup and all.......

completely disgusts me.

Behind all the xenophobia (Spanish git just doesn't understand how much our fans want to win the League .... yawn), the anxiety (every game, and every dropped point becomes that much more intense precisely because we're challenging for the league - remember? that thing you all wanted?), and the mean-spiritedness (bloody smug git, doing things HIS way - rotation and what not - who does he think he is) ...

there is a real truth behind it all.

The only reason Rafa is really copping it from all corners is because he is, inch by inch, season after season, game after game, is slowly turning Liverpool into a credible force again. In Europe. At home. Its real. You only have to look at the "pundits" queueing up to slag him off. The London press falling over themselves to drag up zonal marking and rotation ad nauseum.

Deep down, they know it. Hence the reaction.

Fuck them. You're supposed to be Liverpool fans. What the fuck is the matter with you lot?

Repped. Fan-fucking-tastic post that.

Ferguson was right when he said we'd crack under the strain in the second half of the season.

He forgot to mention that some of the fans would crack under the pressure too.

Could someone rep ISR on my behalf please - the bastard system won't let me rep him for his splendiferous vitriol.

Edited by CaptainK