You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A simple question......

Conor

This place (as all forums do) went into meltodown after the result today. Rafa out, hes a cunt, clueless wanker, shit buys, lucas etc....

Then you have the Rafa is great brigade - istanbul, had to put up with parry & the yanks, a proven track record, bought xabi, torres, agger, skrtel etc....

The debate goes on and on and is repeated every week in here.

Simple question to those who want rafa out is: who else could do a better job?

Personally I think rafa has lost it and should go in the summer. However only if we can get a better manager than him, and at the moment there is no one that springs to mind.

So to the anti Rafa brigade - who would you want in instead?

simple.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not anti Rafa and I fucking resent that term being used. I just think he's gone as far as he can, he's not upto the task in my opinion which is a shame as maybe if he loosened up a bit and took advice he could be.

I have on idea who we get to replace him if he goes.

George Gillett's Managerial shortlist

Jurgen Klinsmann

Alan Curbishly

some bloke he met at the airport

Hansen and Lawro's managerial shortlist

Martin O'Neill - amazing, stunning manager of the century

Tony Pulis - what he's done and built is amazing, imagine what he can do with a proper budget?

Owen Coyle - he's done wonders, WONDERS with Burnley and clearly deserves a chance to manage a champions league club

If he does go I'd take Maureen!

Someone please correct me if i'm wrong but I read that he's unbeaten at home in the league since 2002! That is a phenomenal record no matter who you manage!

Most Italian teams change their manager affter 2 or 3 years - so maybe give Rafa one more season...

If he does go I'd take Maureen!

Someone please correct me if i'm wrong but I read that he's unbeaten at home in the league since 2002! That is a phenomenal record no matter who you manage!

Most Italian teams change their manager affter 2 or 3 years - so maybe give Rafa one more season...

thats true....

If you gave Rafa $40m to spend in the summer do you honestly, deep down believe we would finish ahead of ManU, Chelsea and Asenal next season and win the title? I don't. He has spent a lot of money, had five years and we are out of the title race by the end of February. We are playing sterile football and have no consistency. We are only in the position we are in because in many games this season we abandoned caution and won 18 points by coming from behind. We need 4 or 5 players more five years into his reign!! There has been not one decent young player come through from the reserves or bought in that time so where is this progress. Keep the 4 centre halves, Stevie, Xabi and Nando and the rest can go. I wouldn't shed a tear for any of them. Its not them equaling our 18 that galls me...it the inevitable path we are on to them getting 19, 20, 21 before we even start to challenge. It's not a fuckin title challenge if you are out of it in February!

I really admire you positive fans, I really do, but do you really believe the scum are going to lose to us playing like that? Rafa will send us out to keep it tight and nick a 1-0 win like Blackburn did yesterday. Are Arsenal AND Villa going to both win at OT? Are we going to win all our remaining matches? If you really believe this, watch that 90 minutes again and be honest with yourself. Chelsea have the best chance of putting a run together now. We have no chance. We have bought dross and our tactics are non-existent. We can only pray for something to change at our club and fast.

Today is disappointing but we're hardly doing badly are we. We might not be the champions this season but second place ain't exactly meltdown is it? It could be a whole lot worse than it is but lets see how the rest of the season pans out eh?

Is second place really secure though? Not winning the league after having 4 years to do so is more apt than saying second place isn't bad for me.

No top manager is going to want to come here with Board room fighting, and a Chief Executive as inept as Parry. We need to address more fundamental problems first

H and G are the main problems, get them out, and then Parry and then see what rafa can do. Not saying hes the best/worst man but the unrest is causing us the biggest problem.

I think the question is an interesting one, but the reality is that it's impossible to say who would make a good manager at this club. It could well be an unknown, who comes in and immediately gels with the club, its ethos, the fans, and the place. There's no guarantee that a high profile name would succeed here, even if they have elsewhere.

For example, during the last 18 months of Houllier's reign I used to harp on that any of the other managers in the premiership would do a better job at Anfield than Houllier was doing at the time. I believed that to be true. Why? Because it was plain to anyone that the players individually were capable of far far better than the performances they were producing collectively.

In other words, the team was less than the sum of its parts. The blame for that situation must rest with the manager.

Look at Moyes at Everton. I know, don't be frightened. There is little doubt that he forges a team that performs to a higher level than what might be assumed based on the ability of the individuals in the team. Is he a better manager than Houllier? In my mind, he definitely is. Miles better.

Let's look at our performances this season. With the players we have, would we expect to beat the likes of Manchester City, Stoke etc? Conversely, would we expect to beat United? This is how I wil evaluate Benitez at the end of the season. Did he put out a team that for most of the season produced performances that were better than could be expected from the sum of its parts? If yes, then fine. If no, then why not?

By the way, I want Mourinho too. To be honest, I've wanted him at Liverpool since pre Rafa, and his success in England since has confirmed that we should give him a crack if/when Benitez leaves.

He wont come here now , he's thinks he's got bigger fish to fry