You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A simple question......

Conor

Rafa has got to stay had he had his own way we would have the best right back in the world,the best young forward in the world along with one of the best wide players in the world.

He couldn't do either because he wasn't given enough money and Rick the clown bottled it and fucked it over in some instances the last hurdle others nowhere near it.

I can count the managers which can take this club further with one hand and Klinsmann isn't in it.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rafa has got to stay had he had his own way we would have the best right back in the world,the best young forward in the world along with one of the best wide players in the world.

He couldn't do either because he wasn't given enough money and Rick the clown bottled it and fucked it over in some instances the last hurdle others nowhere near it.

I can count the managers which can take this club further with one hand and Klinsmann isn't in it.

He could have bought the best right back in the world had he not decided on buying Kuyt (we already had Crouch and Cisse who are better) and Pennant instead that season.... there are numerous examples of this... what was the point of Babel, Lucas and Benayoun one summer when he could have spent that on a world class winger?

Not being an ass but a little bit of truth needs to be added to your post.

I'm supporting Rafa to the bitter end because he's my Manager, brought me my first taste of success at the age of 25 and is a genuinely nice fella.

I saw Martin O'neills name mentioned earlier. I'd rather have Jade Goody because Martin is a tit.

Exactly how I feel. Rafa's the first manager during my lifetime has made me feel that I support a elite club in a technical sense none of this going to away games in the Waifer cup but going to the Nou Camp and out playing then the best team in the world.

I owe him the best football supporting years of my life its more sentimental than anything tbh

He could have bought the best right back in the world had he not decided on buying Kuyt (we already had Crouch and Cisse who are better) and Pennant instead that season.... there are numerous examples of this... what was the point of Babel, Lucas and Benayoun one summer when he could have spent that on a world class winger?

Not being an ass but a little bit of truth needs to be added to your post.

What world class winger could we have bought?

I will then put more truth in it as you said

What world class winger could we have bought?

I will then put more truth in it as you said

Frank Ribery went for £19m. Not getting into this though, but I find the Rafa hasn't spent money shite absolutely boring as fuck and mainly untrue. And its up to Rafa to sign the players not me, we have needed a left back, two wingers and a striker to support the main striker for the 5 years he has been here.... his answer has been Dosenna, Riera, Babel, Penannt, and Keane, Morientes, Crouch, Bellamy, Kuyt etc....... costing upwards of tens of millions.

Frank Ribery went for £19m. Not getting into this though, but I find the Rafa hasn't spent money shite absolutely boring as fuck and mainly untrue. And its up to Rafa to sign the players not me, we have needed a left back, two wingers and a striker to support the main striker for the 5 years he has been here.... his answer has been Dosenna, Riera, Babel, Penannt, and Keane, Morientes, Crouch, Bellamy, Kuyt etc....... costing upwards of tens of millions.

I see

Fair enough I actually understand that view and I have thought about it during his tenure but lets be fair and not include Keane in that, the day he gets blamed for Rick's mistakes is the day after tomorrow.

Riera is hardly shite either, neither was Crouch while I bet half of the forum was creaming over Babel after last season. Morientes was one of the best forwards in Europe at the time and came for cheap while Bellamy was a risk which didn't pay off but we still made a profit on his sale.

Only ones no one can really defend are the likes of Pennant,Voronin and co.

Who says Ribery would have wanted to join us? We should've signed Simao though, even though Benfica played hard ball. He could have made a world of difference to our team.

As for who should replace Rafa...there's only one serious alternative, and we all hate him, but it can only be Maureen. Much rather enjoy success with Rafa though.

Does the managers personality as a person come into play when we are looking for a manager? I see mourinho & o'neill being suggested by some and being blasted by others because they are pricks.

Personally I dont care what the manager is like as long as he does the business. Most people think Rafa is genuinely a nice bloke, however ask keane, crouch, mourinho, fergsuon, o'neill etc what they think of him and they have a different opinion of him.

The lack of an available top class manager is a major reason why rafa is still in the job (my own opinion) and might just get him another season to go for the title.

Off the top of my head the only serious candidate would be rijkard.

I'd take any of Mourinho, Pelligrini, Rijkaard. In that order.

I honestly think Sammy Lee would make a great manager, but can't see it happening. But he would bring some order and normality to the club, he knows what is needed to succeed, and would try and get us playing some decent football.

The thought of Mourinho fills me with despair after all the shit he threw at this club when he was at chavski. But saying that if he did win the league for us I'd most properly be licking he's arse along with everyone else. Just hope when the time comes for a new manager they don't bring a bloody 5 year plan with them.

The thought of Mourinho fills me with despair after all the shit he threw at this club when he was at chavski. But saying that if he did win the league for us I'd most properly be licking he's arse along with everyone else. Just hope when the time comes for a new manager they don't bring a bloody 5 year plan with them.

Such as?

He never had anything but positive words to say about LFC as a whole, and he was always very complimentary to us as fans.

The shit he threw was towards Rafa and maybe some of the players. But at the club?

Such as?

He never had anything but positive words to say about LFC as a whole, and he was always very complimentary to us as fans.

The shit he threw was towards Rafa and maybe some of the players. But at the club?

At the manager and some of the players,hmm... I think that makes up a chunk of the club.

Who says we need a top manager? How much managerial experience did any of the previous managers have who lead us to a title? How much Managerial experience did Paisley have? How much did Joe fagan have? Kenny?

Fuck the top managers. I'd rather see someone who knows the club. Someone who knows what LFC means and someone who the fans will geneuinely love. I'd give Gary Mac or even Markus Babbel a shot at it.

Who says we need a top manager? How much managerial experience did any of the previous managers have who lead us to a title? How much Managerial experience did Paisley have? How much did Joe fagan have? Kenny?

Fuck the top managers. I'd rather see someone who knows the club. Someone who knows what LFC means and someone who the fans will geneuinely love. I'd give Gary Mac or even Markus Babbel a shot at it.

Good shouts that I would never even have considered.

I agree that it needs to be someone who understands the club.

Cisse and Crouch better than Kuyt??

If Cisse was good enough, he'd be playing for a top team.

Crouch was merely an excellent option to bring on - but to start him? He was slower than a cart horse running in treacle.

And you'd spend all our summer budget on a 'world class winger'. Friggen ell. Is this the same mysterious world class winger that every top team in Europe has been after for donkeys years.

Rafa has a budget and we have to cut our cloth to suit.

Crouch was merely an excellent option to bring on - but to start him? He was slower than a cart horse running in treacle.

And you'd spend all our summer budget on a 'world class winger'. Friggen ell. Is this the same mysterious world class winger that every top team in Europe has been after for donkeys years.

And Dirk has loads of pace doesn't he? :|

Crouch is much much better striker than Dirk. He outscored him every season, even though he started a lot less, he gave us a target man who could hold the ball up, and had the ability to link up play.

Where would Kuyt be playing if he wasn't here? Cisse got 19 and 7 assists from right midfield in his last season with us - has Kuyt ever done as good as that?

Crouch slower than a Carthorse? How slow is Kuyt? If Crouch was pulling a cart thenb Kuyt must be pulling a lorry.

Cut our cloth? We have bought two £20m strikers the past 2 seasons, and just this past summer bought Keane, Dossenna, NGOG and Riera - none of whom are really first choice for more than a Robinho....

And Dirk has loads of pace doesn't he? :|

Crouch is much much better striker than Dirk. He outscored him every season, even though he started a lot less, he gave us a target man who could hold the ball up, and had the ability to link up play.

never said that Kuyt was speedy gonzalez.

but this notion (held by some) that we could have Crouch starting every game, leading the line......is ridiculous.

Great lad - but as slow as most fans.

I loved having him as an option to bring on late in games.

If we absolutely had to get a new manager I'd like one of these three, in the order they're mentioned:

Louis van Gaal

Ottmar Hitzfeld

Johan Cruyff (probably not very likely, but if he was to get back in the business it would be ace)

All experienced managers that have won lots of titles.