You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A simple question......

Conor

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish it was all so simple...get rid of Rafa and all would be rosey. Tom Hicks would suddenly find about £350million in the back pocket of a trousers he hadn't worn in awhile and pay off our debts, then Gerorge would remember he had about £500million tucked under his matress. He'd obviously plough this straight into the club, building a fantastic 80,000 seater stadium in stanley park and the rest would go towards bringing in the best players in the world. Rick Parry would suddenly remember how to Negotiate deals, and transfers would be completed in hours rather than weeks...

But lets be fair that's not going to happen, getting rid of Rafa isn't going to suddenly fix the problem, if anything it will worsen things. Remember one very important thing, if Rafa's given the sack/leaves it will be G+H and Parry who will choose his successor not the fans, and I shudder to think of who they'd choose to manage us.

I genuinely don't think we can have a rational discussion about this.

Spot on there. At the end of the day there are very few people who really know what is going on at the club with regards to the Amercians, Parry and Benitez. Everyone has an opinion though. In all honesty I cannot make head nor tail of it.

I don't like him and I'm on record as saying as much.

He wants the job though, it's a badly kept secret. He loves Liverpool FC.

I just don't know how I'll feel when he gets the job.

yeah i remember at the time he signed for chelsea he intimated that he wanted to manage us.

Would be the first time i genuinely disliked a manager.

I don't like him and I'm on record as saying as much.

He wants the job though, it's a badly kept secret. He loves Liverpool FC.

I just don't know how I'll feel when he gets the job.

you wont have to worry then because he wont be getting the job

Mourinho is on a big contract at Inter and isnt going anywhere for the forseeable future

Once Benitez goes the boardroom battles will be a thing of the past. Plus any manager worth his salt would want to manage us with the time and money they get.

Biggest load of crap I seen for a while.No top class manager would come within 100 mile of us.

So Rafa goes and its all peace and harmony is it.This new manager who comes in and gets given millions and millions of pounds to spend on players,by Twat and Cunt.

Coco suddenly remembers what he is employed for,and switches his phone back on.

Then you fallout of bed and wake up?

You know, I don't this discussion about who you would replace Benitez with- I mean , I disagree with it, I think its premature, its ungrateful, and quite frankly classless, and I refuse to be a part of such a conversation- But I don't mind others discussing it, who am I to judge, right?

But Discussing Mourinho, this horrible, snivelling, lying, classless, moaning cunt, as the twat to replace the Man we have in charge now is fucking sickening.

I don't care what he's won, I don't care how much he "loves" our club, Fuck off.

Except when you're asked to leave your cushy new Contract to move to a different Contract, for half the money and half the resources- and oh, with shitter employers and a retarded CEO.

aye, doesn't sound so attractive when your top dog in italian football with the backing of inter's budget to continue it.

Who would i wan instead??? Manuel Pellegrini.

That doesn't mean i think Rafa has put up with more shite than most managers have to.

But I look at the footie and i wonder.....but i also believe the lads we have out there are capable of so much more.

Where does the buck top??

the simple fact is though....i still want Parry and Gillette gone long before him.

Liverpool Football Club is bigger than Rafa Benitez. I've said all along that he should get until the end of the season and he should. If we have progressed in closeness to ManU then fair enuff. However being out of it at the end of February in a season where Chelsea and Arsenal have underperformed is piss poor. We bottled it, no doubt about it. Ever time we've had a must win home game we seem to underperform. I've no doubt Rafa has brought us a long way but I'd rather finish top once in the next ten years than come 2nd 10 times. Who cares about 2nd? A lot comes down to how we do in the next few months. If Rafa can't motivate his players and we continue to slide, he should go. If his players prove he's the man then the owners should back him in the summer. We need to stick or twist in the summer.

I just want to see improvement in the league and a fuckin tltle challenge. That's all. Never mind the past. Where are we going?

I know we're in a mess at the top but managers generally have huge egos, not one top manager out there wouldn't fancy the chance to resolve the problems currently affecting the club.

This is how I see it as well.

But since a lot of people are talking about Mourinho, I think he would see us as the ultimate challenge, he would love to succeed where Rafa failed and after all Liverpool have always been his English team.

But like I pointed out a few months ago, it does not have to be a known "manager" either, just look at Guardiola for Barca this season.

But back to Mourinho again, people say he often used route one tactics, well its better actually having a route than getting lost in midfield trying to control the game like we usually do.

I think I might be time for a change not just for Liverpool but also the manager. He seems tired these days, exasperated and always pissed off - he needs a change. The team is tired too, players not performing and some looking demotivated. It's come to a time when a great manager (not a poor one like Houllier) has taken a team as far as he can given the constraints he has to work with (unworkable relationship with one of the owners and the CEO) so it is untenable.

Not only all that, I think after nearly 5 years and only one title challenge albeit one which is gone wrong under pressure its probably time to admit that Rafa won't bring home number 19 but is more likely to bring in number 6 - you takes your choice.

If he brings home number 6 year or gets close then ofcourse he has earnt the right to have another go at the league if not, and if we end up way off the top of the league then its time for a change for me.

As for the choice of manager then it should be someone with huge motivation, a young manager like Martinez at Swansea whose team plays great football. Just look at Pep Guardiola and even our own Kenny Dalglish as an example of a young highly motivated manager able to get a team playing.

Either that or Jose Mourinho - huge ego, his teams haven't lost a home game in over 6 years, has won major trophies and titles, probably the best man manager in the world, knows the English game, has won big trophies with money and without money, highly motivated, gets the team running through brick walls for him and his record against Ferguson is about W8, D2, L1 or something.... that would be a major coup for Liverpool. Whether he is a cunt or not would be soon forgotten.

A good dark horse who also ticks all the boxes is Frank Rijkaard. Double La Liga winner, European Cup winner to boot and known to get instant results and trophies from his time at Barcelona.