You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bascombe latest effort

PaulMcC

No, I give him a bad season because I'm not a Sky generation Newcastle-esque reactionist.

I'm of the opinion that we will finish higher than 7th with Rafa still in charge, probably 4th where we belong.

Yeah went to my first game in 1984 and because I want the manager out I am a Sky Generation Newcastle-esque reactionist. Priceless. ;-)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's the next manager supposed to turn things around whilst Hicks and Gillett remain as owners?

It depends what "turning things around" means. If it means winning the league then you're right. If it means our players playing as if they've met each other before and have a clue what to do with a football, then it shouldn't be impossible.

The vicious tittle tattle that the ruling clique on here has been producing remorselessly and with increasing obsessiveness for more than twelve months is the Petri dish in which Bascombe cultivates his weekly serving of poisonous tripe in the Sun's sister tabloid.

The ruling clique on here (and their idiot apprentices) are like an inbred gaggle of superannuated Troskyites constantly trying to reassure themselves that they are still relevant. Their febrile plots and counter-plots do not even have the merit of wit. They are no more than ponderously transparent lies, gossip, mischievous speculation and outright prejudice.

Their breathelss hints that there is some kind of communication between this site and Gerrard, Carragher and Bascombe - the paid biographer of those two "stalwarts" - adds to the sleaziness of the gossip that emanates from this site about LFC - especially about Rafa and the players he has signed.

Needless to say, I think LFC is very lucky to have Rafa. He is far too good for the ruling clique on here.

The vicious tittle tattle that the ruling clique on here has been producing remorselessly and with increasing obsessiveness for more than twelve months is the Petri dish in which Bascombe cultivates his weekly serving of poisonous tripe in the Sun's sister tabloid.

The ruling clique on here (and their idiot apprentices) are like an inbred gaggle of superannuated Troskyites constantly trying to reassure themselves that they are still relevant. Their febrile plots and counter-plots do not even have the merit of wit. They are no more than ponderously transparent lies, gossip, mischievous speculation and outright prejudice.

Their breathelss hints that there is some kind of communication between this site and Gerrard, Carragher and Bascombe - the paid biographer of those two "stalwarts" - adds to the sleaziness of the gossip that emanates from this site about LFC - especially about Rafa and the players he has signed.

Needless to say, I think LFC is very lucky to have Rafa. He is far too good for the ruling clique on here.

You are Gay.

Sorry you feel that way Graham. I would love you to be right and to feel lucky to have Rafa. I just think a parting of the ways for both is for the best.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
I just find it somewhat bizarre that he can

make a statement as defiantly as that, and expect no one to question

it. I know UEM gets alot of stuff spot on, but I've heard other things

from other people so it's about coming to your own conclusions.

So we've gathered Rafa met his lawyers/solicitor in London the day of

the meeting, It's all too convenient for me.

Ant, I'm not quite sure exactly what you want me to say?

a)"Sénor Sauces" told me?

b)Purslow phoned me to tell me?

c)Tom Wilson told me?

d)Someone got really drunk at a corporate do during the week and let their

mouth run away with them?

e)All of the above

f)None of the above

I posted what I did despite some serious reservations as I've made a

decision not to get involved anymore on here.

I've no idea where this lawyer rumour came from, but it's a provocative and

malicious one, one designed to be repeated over and over, and whispered

about in corners, not too dissimilar from the Gerrard rumours that were

purportedly 'fact'.

And because of the 'confidential' nature of these meetings, it's hardly as

if the club can issue a statement either way, not that they have to react

to idle internet rumours anyway.

And to really believe for one second if there was any substance whatsoever

to this nonsense that the tabloids wouldn't have been all over it?

Not looking to get into a debate or an argument with anyone, you really can

take it or leave it, and I'm not going to adding further to the thread, but

surely it's up to those people who are making these claims to back them up,

not the other way around?

Why ask me? Ask David Bond, I'm sure his email address is easy for you to find, not so sure he'd just tell you though.

Who do you think it was?

Why not ask you?

And how would I know who it was? I'm just a fan.

Ant, I'm not quite sure exactly what you want me to say?

a)"Sénor Sauces" told me?

b)Purslow phoned me to tell me?

c)Tom Wilson told me?

d)Someone got really drunk at a corporate do during the week and let their

mouth run away with them?

e)All of the above

f)None of the above

I posted what I did despite some serious reservations as I've made a

decision not to get involved anymore on here.

purportedly 'fact'.

And because of the 'confidential' nature of these meetings, it's hardly as

if the club can issue a statement either way, not that they have to react

to idle internet rumours anyway.

And to really believe for one second if there was any substance whatsoever

to this nonsense that the tabloids wouldn't have been all over it?

Not looking to get into a debate or an argument with anyone, you really can

take it or leave it, and I'm not going to adding further to the thread, but

surely it's up to those people who are making these claims to back them up,

not the other way around?

Fair enough, I know you wouldn't post something with such certainty if you hadn't believed it yourself.

I don't expect you to reveal your sources, but at the same time when you say 'It's up to those who are making the claims to back them up', you know yourself, infact you've seen me trying to get every little bit of Info I can off you on this thread how it's wrong to expect people to re-veal their sources.

It's about protecting to privilege of knowing stuff so I respect that.

But a few things are telling with me.

Why didn't Benitez come out originally when he was asked the question, have you met the Chairman, and just told the full truth, not the twisted truth.

Not only that, but we know his agent has been speaking to Juventus. How is he allowed to get away with that, it's not on.

No, I give him a bad season because I'm not a Sky generation Newcastle-esque reactionist.

I'm of the opinion that we will finish higher than 7th with Rafa still in charge, probably 4th where we belong. :whistle:

I've noticed in this thread you've offered fuck all of your own opinion and just made little petty shots at other posters.

Well done on the bottom two lines, thats the first worthwhile contribution you've made to this thread.

purportedly 'fact'.

Someone saw Rafa together with his lawyer in London.

What I want to know is does it really matter if there was any lawyers or not present at any of these meetings?

Another question I have not got answered yet is why would it be against the clubs interests if senior sources at the club briefed the press against the manager?

I`d argue it might be the exact opposite since he obviously do not have the dignity to resign considering he has failed miserably at his job and now instead is desperatly clingining onto his payout after Juve realised what they were dealing with and dropped their interest in him.

What I want to know is does it really matter if there was any lawyers or not present at any of these meetings?

Another question I have not got answered yet is why would it be against the clubs interests if senior sources at the club briefed the press against the manager?

I`d argue it might be the exact opposite since he obviously do not have the dignity to resign after considering he has failed miserably at his job and now instead is desperatly clingining onto his payout after Juve realised what they were dealing with and dropped their interest.

Are you serious?

To those perpetuating that 'fact', it seems to matter.

Probably because the question is so stupid no-one can be arsed replying to it.

Are you serious?

Yes I`m serious.

A manager who has not won anything in 4 years, a manager who hold talks with other clubs while still under contract, a manager who now is "desperatly" wanting to stay so he can get his big payday.

Again yes I`m serious.

Yes I`m serious.

A manager who has not won anything in 4 years, a manager who hold talks with other clubs while still under contract, a manager who now is "desperatly" wanting to stay so he can get his big payday.

Again yes I`m serious.

It is wrong though Code. Not just because the manager is Rafa, because its just wrong.

I wish they all fuck off soon. They all spend too much time fucking around and "briefing" the press. Bunch of fucking cunts.

It is wrong, but when it's against someone who is quite willing to play the briefing game himself (even against a few of his players) sympathy is in short supply.

True....that is why I hope they ALL fuck off.

Whatever people say about Houller and Parry, things were at least done in the Liverpool way then.

We have some seriously selfish cunts at the club right now.

Hello Leon, fuck it's nice to see you survided the ice pick attack. Or hang on a minut it's wolfy isn't it.....Freedom for Tooting

Yes I`m serious.

Again yes I`m serious.

Every single thing you've put in that post bar the trophy haul is based on rumours and conjecture from people on internet forums.

Ignore your disdain for Rafa, in what line of business is someone going to be able to do a good job when around every corner is someone looking to stick the knife in. It's a shit situation and it's no suprise that Rafa has come unstuck when he appears to have pretty much no support from inside the club at all.

You could almost call it bullying.

It is wrong, but when it's against someone who is quite willing to play the briefing game himself (even against a few of his players) sympathy is in short supply.

Precisely. I can't love whoever is using the press to spread viciousness about the manager, but I can't love the manager either who has never been above playing those little games.

I said it in another thread; the hierarchy of who has to leave for our club to be healed is as follows:

1. Owners.

2. Manager.

3. Owners flunkies (I'm giving them some benefit of the doubt for increasing revenue).

4. Half the squad.