You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bascombe latest effort

PaulMcC

Until it starts to go wrong again, and then all hell breaks loose! Only though this time it's Kenny being called a cunt!

No it wouldn't. Because the effect of the lack of money next season will be 10 times that of this season. We would most likely be far weaker as a squad due to departures. While the lack of money this year has undoubtedly had an effect, it hasn't been the main reason for our lousy performance. It would be next year - no matter who is the manager.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's interesting. So what do you feel he manages for, then? Serious question. Because if he wants to have no responsibility, there's no point in winning anything, as he'd receive no credit, so what is the ambition?

I don't know what he manages for? I think he's a control freak and he has a way of doing things which aren't exactly orthodox.

My point really was the fact that he doesn't seem to accept responsibility for his own failings, and nor do his staunch backers.

I remember listening to some of the fans who went on that Spurs March, and when asked why they where marching one replied.

'Coz the media hate him and we won't listen to the media etc'.

I was laughing my head off, Liverpool is a rebellious city, and I get that sort of attitude with alot of things, but we're seventh, we are doing badly, we are in times worse than the dark days of Houllier.

The majority of our problems this season on the pitch have been down to the manager, no doubt it would be great if we had £50 Million + Sales to spent. But we don't and we never have. Once more, we replaced our players, we didn't become a 7th place side overnight.

I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that we could have won a trophy this season and finished fourth. We had no chance for fourth.

Had we got just one of the Keane, Riera or Dossena transfers right, we'd have a better player than Insua, we'd have a better striker as back up to Torres, and if Riera wasn't so petulant well you know the rest.

I know he's had it bad, I know he's had to sell to buy, and I know the owners are massive gobshites. But we did not decrease in quality that much that it saw us finish fourth and United did not increase in quality that it saw us get ahead of us.

I know it was a disasterous fall from the season before, but we did get to the semi final of the Europa League. We were one Forlan extra time goal away from probably winning that trophy.

I know Rafa has made some terrible transfers, but you have basically picked out his three worst siginings there. I take your point about the difference that those signings would have made if he'd got them right, but Riera started off really well and not many people thought Keane was a bad signing at the time. I'd imagine that Rafa was anticipating some of that money to spend as well.

Hmmm!

'Oh but you were okay calling him a cunt weren't you?'

'That's different'

'Why?'

'This is Kenny'

'This is not Kenny FC'

etc etc!

I said things in the heat of the moment which I regret.

I do think he's acting like a right dickhead though.

I know it was a disasterous fall from the season before, but we did get to the semi final of the Europa League. We were one Forlan extra time goal away from probably winning that trophy.

I know Rafa has made some terrible transfers, but you have basically picked out his three worst siginings there. I take your point about the difference that those signings would have made if he'd got them right, but Riera started off really well and not many people thought Keane was a bad signing at the time. I'd imagine that Rafa was anticipating some of that money to spend as well.

Oh no doubt we should have got the money to spend from the Keane sale, but in all honesty, we should have kept him, I'd rather have Keane than not have him.

No it wouldn't. Because the effect of the lack of money next season will be 10 times that of this season. We would most likely be far weaker as a squad due to departures. While the lack of money this year has undoubtedly had an effect, it hasn't been the main reason for our lousy performance. It would be next year - no matter who is the manager.

Im playing devils advocate here, but that sounds like you are getting the excuses in early!

We are team that is good enough to have finished fourth this year but didn't because of Rafa, and one that will lose it's best players if Rafa stays.

If Rafa goes, then the team is still good enough to finish fourth, the players will stay so what is stopping us?

People would turn on Dalglish if it went wrong.

United the fans. Til the yappy cunts start on that manager too.

No they wouldn't. Because they would understand the context and the circumstances in which he had taken over. They would know that he was in a caretaker role, and they understand what he means to the club, and what the club means to him.

Dalglish was getting some abuse from some fans during his last year as manager. His treatment of Beardsley was criticised, his negativity tactically was criticised, his signings were criticised... And that was in 'the good old days'. Anyone these days, at some point, will become the recipient of the routine abuse and verbal sewage that dominates on forums and phone-ins. It's what bored and frustrated and boorish people do these days. I hope Kenny stays well away and enjoys his life among decent people.

Rafa of course never had a second to settle into his job and won trophies despite all the fans hating him.

You're probably right. As soon as the opposition score their first goal against a Kenny team, the boos will ring out around Anfield.

No?

Dalglish was getting some abuse from some fans during his last year as manager. His treatment of Beardsley was criticised, his negativity tactically was criticised, his signings were criticised... And that was in 'the good old days'. Anyone these days, at some point, will become the recipient of the routine abuse and verbal sewage that dominates on forums and phone-ins. It's what bored and frustrated and boorish people do these days. I hope Kenny stays well away and enjoys his life among decent people.

Spot on.

Kenny is the girl you have always fancied, and have just started dating, before you get into a relationship and she starts farting and not shaving!

What do you all hope to achieve? Does mattyq want code to agree with him? Does Ant want Jonnyh to share the same opinion? How do you muster the energy to argue the same points over and over every day with people that if you're really honest you couldn't care less what they think? It all seems a bit pointless.

Maybe I'm just depressed.

I don't know what he manages for? I think he's a control freak and he has a way of doing things which aren't exactly orthodox.

I agree with you in general, but I don't think there's any need to claim he's psychologically deranged. There must be some rationale for his approach to management. I just don't see, for example, that he lacks an ego and doesn't want to win and be praised for winning. I think he's hopelessly wrong about how he thinks he'll achieve that here, but that's another issue. Some of the motives imposed on him, whilst insisting he's shrewd and devious, make no sense.

He got criticised, but he didn't get abused. Are you seriously suggesting anyone should be above criticism?

Exactly!

So fucking what if Kenny gets criticised? If he takes on the role, he is intelligent enough to know what is coming his way and criticism is one of those things.

Bacon face got criticised, Wenger got his share, some Argentina fans hate Maradona's management (and rightly so!). Giggs got booed at Old Toilet. So fucking what?

Calling any Liverpool manager a cunt is wrong - regardless of who it is, Rafa or Kenny. But we have a damn fucking right to criticise them when necessary.

Kenny's last season or so with Liverpool was littered with perplexing decisions, and he deserved at least some criticism.

Beardsley was one, but the signing of players like Jimmy Carter, Don Hutchison, David Burrows and David Speedie were also questionable.

I agree with you in general, but I don't think there's any need to claim he's psychologically deranged. There must be some rationale for his approach to management. I just don't see, for example, that he lacks an ego and doesn't want to win and be praised for winning. I think he's hopelessly wrong about how he thinks he'll achieve that here, but that's another issue. Some of the motives imposed on him, whilst insisting he's shrewd and devious, make no sense.

It's just some decisions he makes.

Taking Torres off v Birmingham for no reason whatsoever, his rational for taking Gerrard off in the Derby a few years back.

The Reading game in 2007 when fucking Crouch played Left Midfield.

I don't know what it is, inflated ego?

I think he's a mental bastard in all honesty, and it has paid off sometimes, but this season it's backfired.

The big mental madhead.

Exactly!

So fucking what if Kenny gets criticised? If he takes on the role, he is intelligent enough to know what is coming his way and criticism is one of those things.

Bacon face got criticised, Wenger got his share, some Argentina fans hate Maradona's management (and rightly so!). Giggs got booed at Old Toilet. So fucking what?

Calling any Liverpool manager a cunt is wrong - regardless of who it is, Rafa or Kenny. But we have a damn fucking right to criticise them when necessary.

That wasn't my point! I specifically referred to the calling a Liverpool manager a 'cunt'.

And the ludicrous argument that it is okay to call Rafa a cunt, but not Kenny!

I don't recall anybody, saying that we can't sack Rafa cos Kenny will get criticised! I don't even think I hinted that, not even subliminaly!

With Kenny we'd probably be heading for either a manager or a coach with some pedigree alongside him. He won't be doing it himself, he never really has.

And the same arguments over who's good enough for us and what was the point of getting rid of Rafa anyway will still take place, not over Kenny but his sidekick who might only be short-term unless he impresses so much Kenny steps aside and gives the job to him.

I think that would be heading for a whole heap of trouble. Not that we aren't anyway.

That wasn't my point! I specifically referred to the calling a Liverpool manager a 'cunt'.

And the ludicrous argument that it is okay to call Rafa a cunt, but not Kenny!

As I said, calling Rafa or Kenny or Houllier a "cunt" is plain and simply wrong.

Anyone who does that is the biggest cunt.