You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Glen Johnson....

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

Pompey executive chairman Peter Storrie said: “Glen has got permission to speak to two clubs and I think that is what he is going to be doing.

“The matter will come to a conclusion at the beginning of next week. I do not have a preference over the move, it is up to Glen and his agent.

“The deals are almost identical so it really is down to him and what club he prefers and from his own personal side which one is going to pay him more money.

“Glen wants to play regularly in the Champions League, he has got himself back into the England side so I understand that and sometimes you have to be reasonable and fair to the players.”

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pompey executive chairman Peter Storrie said: “Glen has got permission to speak to two clubs and I think that is what he is going to be doing.

“The matter will come to a conclusion at the beginning of next week. I do not have a preference over the move, it is up to Glen and his agent.

“The deals are almost identical so it really is down to him and what club he prefers and from his own personal side which one is going to pay him more money.

“Glen wants to play regularly in the Champions League, he has got himself back into the England side so I understand that and sometimes you have to be reasonable and fair to the players.”

Interesting. Chelsea being the other?

Hold on, hold on, maybe i'm missing something but your saying johnsons reputation was on par with titus bramble a year ago?

Bullshit mate, get your facts right before having a go won't you? he'd just finished a very successful loan spell at pompey and redknapp was desperate to sign him up.

Hardly titus bramble territory.

I'm not having a go, I'm giving an opinion - is that allowed?

Since when was someone's reputation a fact? Do you know what a fact is?

wasn't that from a few days ago ??

SSn just had Tony Adams on and when asked 'do you think he'll help Liverpool and keep up his good form' Adams, in a nutshell said yes.

Not 100% confirmation, but I think that he expects it to go through suggests its a done deal. onto LW now.

Tony Adams also now thinks he is Benjamin Disraeli.

When question by SSN earlier.... he was asked "Is it true that you now think yourself to be Benjamin Disraeli?"

"I am Benjamin Disraeli" replied Adams.

When question by SSN earlier.... he was asked "Is it true that you now think yourself to be Benjamin Disraeli?"

Before adding, as an afterthought, "Or Jock Stein. One or the other..."

"Jesus, I only wanted to ask you to pass the salt,Tony"

he isn't though. if wes brown was fit make no mistake about it he would be Englands number 2. Capello likes his defenders too defend Johnson is always liable to switch off

And Wes Brown is a paragon of concentration now is he? It wasn't too long ago he was attracting the attention of Newcastle, a team whose ability to spot untalented defenders is unrivalled in British football.

Glen Johnson is the England number one, whereas Wes Brown is a carrot topped turd who scored for us at Anfield, the fucker!