You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Slimming World...

Kopite

...just after Christmas I decided I was going to get my act together. Basically for the last 3 years I've drifted and not been in control of my life. My weight hit almost 18 stone, which I can get away with because of my height and frame, my job has become boring (even though well-paid) and I miss the company that the ex used to give me on cold winter nights.

I set myself three objectives for 2008:

1) Get a new job

2) Find a really nice, decent, honest, intelligent and attractive woman

3) Get my weight down to 14/15 stone (my fighting weight)

Now I've taken care of number 1, number 2 is proving a bit more difficult. However thanks to SKI I found Plentyoffish.com and am conversing with a number of attractive women.

As regards number 3 I've tried everything. I was going to the gym 3/4 times a week to do Spinning, I cut my food intake right down, tried to cut alcohol out (with little success) and yet I couldn't shift my weight.

A couple of girls at work said try Slimming World (the ex was keen for me to go also when we were together) so I joined just over 4 weeks ago.

In 4 weeks I have lost over a stone and am eating more food than ever. Essentially I don't have "Green" days (rice, pasta, potatoes) preferring "Red" ones (Bacon, Ham, Lean Mince, Chicken - all grilled) and eating loads of onions, carrots, tomatoes, mushrooms, melon, strawberries and fresh pineapple.

For breakfast I used to have a bowl of cereal/porridge, now I have a slice of melon plus 2 rashers of grilled bacon with grilled tomatoes and mushrooms. I actually never feel hungry which is amazing.

People have already noticed how slim I now look, I've noticed it in relation to my clothing as my shirts are fitting a lot better around my chest.

At this rate I'll be 15 stone in time to start my new job. Woohoo!

...just after Christmas I decided I was going to get my act together. Basically for the last 3 years I've drifted and not been in control of my life. My weight hit almost 18 stone, which I can get away with because of my height and frame, my job has become boring (even though well-paid) and I miss the company that the ex used to give me on cold winter nights.

1) Get a new job

Now I've taken care of number 1, number 2 is proving a bit more difficult. However thanks to SKI I found Plentyoffish.com and am conversing with a number of attractive women.

As regards number 3 I've tried everything. I was going to the gym 3/4 times a week to do Spinning, I cut my food intake right down, tried to cut alcohol out (with little success) and yet I couldn't shift my weight.

A couple of girls at work said try Slimming World (the ex was keen for me to go also when we were together) so I joined just over 4 weeks ago.

In 4 weeks I have lost over a stone and am eating more food than ever. Essentially I don't have "Green" days (rice, pasta, potatoes) preferring "Red" ones (Bacon, Ham, Lean Mince, Chicken - all grilled) and eating loads of onions, carrots, tomatoes, mushrooms, melon, strawberries and fresh pineapple.

For breakfast I used to have a bowl of cereal/porridge, now I have a slice of melon plus 2 rashers of grilled bacon with grilled tomatoes and mushrooms. I actually never feel hungry which is amazing.

People have already noticed how slim I now look, I've noticed it in relation to my clothing as my shirts are fitting a lot better around my chest.

Well done mate, keep it up!

I wondered whether the first response would be supportive or taking the piss. Well done Walton Red for restoring my faith in humanity.

The irony is I was dying to tell Kopite what a woman he is and inform him that dust doesn't have any calories in it.

It'd be hypocritical though since I've now began to include the munching of up to a 100g of linseeds per day into my diet.

I wondered whether the first response would be supportive or taking the piss. Well done Walton Red for restoring my faith in humanity.

The irony is I was dying to tell Kopite what a woman he is and inform him that dust doesn't have any calories in it.

It'd be hypocritical though since I've now began to include the munching of up to a 100g of linseeds per day into my diet.

"Dust"

fatfighters1710_468x386.jpg

Guest The Chimp

Fantastic mate - really well done!

I've set myself the goal of finishing the PhD - it's about time to get it submitted now.

Getting my diving qualification.

Learning to surf.

Run the Gold Coast Marathon - or at least the half.

If I can get them all sorted - I'll be a very chirpy chimpy.

Congratulations sir, getting off the weight is something that simply requires a change of mindset in certain cases: whereas food can be viewed as a "comfort", if you see it as a "fuel" instead, I find that helps.

(But then I can be smug about it having now lost nearly 3 stone since that "tent" photo appeared on t'internet back at the end of November).

Keep it up sir.

1) Get a new job

haha you dont need POF.....get objective 2 & 3 in one go..... do what my ex did, he lost 10st and fooked off with the weight watchers leader!!!

happy days for me :thumbsup:

I find a healthy dose of food poisoning is enough to get you started on the road to losing weight.

I was in bed a full week a few years back with all manner of nastiness escaping from every hole, then next week my gut had virtually vanished, and getting shot of the rest was easy because I had something to build on.

If I had the marketing skills I firmly believe I could sell E-Coli to people for this purpose.

yes, red days rule. great big juicy steaks and whole chickens. and all the salad you can eat never hungry or counting numbers and save sins for a few bers on a friday or matchday:thumbsup:

I'm just making my breakfast, lunch and tea for the next couple of days.

Grilled a load of bacon and chicken breast, and made a big pot of homemade Chilli with lean mince, fresh onions and peppers, chopped tomatoes and kidney beans. Lovely and all "free" foods on a Red day.

I think you'll find that I recommended plentyoffish Col. SKI just confirmed my correctness.

Is it just me or do most of the birds on that site type in txt spk? and all start their profiles with the phrase:

"I'm a strong and independent woman"

If they were they woudn't need to tell everyone on the internet.

"I live life to the full"

No you don't, if you did you wouldn't be on a dating site

"I want a man who knows what he wants and has some ambition in life"

Translation - I want a man with loads of money.

Is it just me or do most of the birds on that site type in txt spk? and all start their profiles with the phrase:

hahahaha mine doesnt have any of that! whats the prize??? :biggrin:

"Larger than life"

Indeed you are, my lovely.

Interesting site though, bookmarked for future reference for when I can be arsed.

I just had a dabble based on this thread and within 30 mins was googling for an intelligent people dating site...