You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

WTF is wrong with Gerrard?

Red Mist

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's simply out of form. All his knockers should realise the lad has played virtually none stop for the last 3 or 4 seasons.

Some seem to think its a crime for the lad to have a bad spell. Wise up will yous?

He had 2 months off in the summer!

Gerrard's form last season was patchy at best. Since the last international break he's been poor to say the least. That's not just a bad spell.

His performances for both club and country have been appalling in recent weeks. For a guy we rightly believe is one of the best footballers in the world, he has looked shockingly poor. Phil Neville would have done better against Russia had he played instead of Gerrard.

And Stevie has no excuses anymore. He's playing in his absolutely favourite role for both England and Liverpool. In the centre of midfield as the key creative midfielder. No more defensive donkey work for the Reds because Masch, Alonso and/or Momo can do that, while Barry does it for England.

Personally that I think is the reason for his decline. He's been pampered and indulged, he's taking his place in the team for granted. He knows he'll never be dropped as long as he's fit, and this has led him to become casual and sloppy.

His passing has been woeful, his tackling lacking any conviction whatsoever. Gone are the driving runs, tough tackling and the non-stop action displays.

Instead he's becoming like Fat Frank, hanging around only in the attacking 3rd of the pitch, waiting for the ball so he can attempt shots and ineffectual passes.

Rafa needs to sort him out ASAP. Maybe dropping him to the bench might dent his ego enough for him to come back wanting to prove a point.

He played the defensive holding player role against Marseille, which he does not have the greatest talent for, whilst Momo played the attacking role.......

A gameplan I hope I never ever see used again..... Alonso or Mascher should be first on the teamsheet as the holding midfielder week in week out....

Perhaps it is time to give Gerrard a rest and let him work his way back to his best like most other players have to?

So what is it? Has he just gone shit? Is he finished?

I've no idea mate, because on his day he's untouchable.

Last season he sulked when he was played out wide and when he was there the shape of the side suffered. The times he came back into the middle it was back to the old Gerrard, maybe he was trying to prove a point but whatever it was improved his game.

But the majority of this season he's just gone missing.

The best form he's shown since Rafa came here is when he was played out wide in 05/06 and scored 20 goals because the season before that when we won the European Cup he was shite for most of the season.

He had 2 months off in the summer!

Gerrard's form last season was patchy at best. Since the last international break he's been poor to say the least. That's not just a bad spell.

you`ve hit the nail on the head there mate

i thought a fair amount, far too many for a "world class midfielder" oh his performances last year where diabolical

in fairness, he usually turns up, puts himself about in the BIG games, but against the minnows of the league he just jogs around the top 3rd of the field, looking for the ball, and throwing his hands up in despair when a pass to him isnt pinpoint perfect

he needs to be dropped imo, ive been sayign it to my mates for weeks now, the rotation policy needs to give him a kick up the arse

the only thing is though, the uproar if he gets dropped, and i wouldnt put it past him getting into a strop and wanting out then

in fairness, he usually turns up, puts himself about in the BIG games, but against the minnows of the league he just jogs around the top 3rd of the field, looking for the ball, and throwing his hands up in despair when a pass to him isnt pinpoint perfect

Haha until recently people used to accuse him of not doing enough in the big games.

His performances for both club and country have been appalling in recent weeks. For a guy we rightly believe is one of the best footballers in the world, he has looked shockingly poor. Phil Neville would have done better against Russia had he played instead of Gerrard.

And Stevie has no excuses anymore. He's playing in his absolutely favourite role for both England and Liverpool. In the centre of midfield as the key creative midfielder. No more defensive donkey work for the Reds because Masch, Alonso and/or Momo can do that, while Barry does it for England.

Personally that I think is the reason for his decline. He's been pampered and indulged, he's taking his place in the team for granted. He knows he'll never be dropped as long as he's fit, and this has led him to become casual and sloppy.

His passing has been woeful, his tackling lacking any conviction whatsoever. Gone are the driving runs, tough tackling and the non-stop action displays.

Instead he's becoming like Fat Frank, hanging around only in the attacking 3rd of the pitch, waiting for the ball so he can attempt shots and ineffectual passes.

Rafa needs to sort him out ASAP. Maybe dropping him to the bench might dent his ego enough for him to come back wanting to prove a point.

At the moment Gerrard is playing for two teams , both playing poorly.He cant drag them both around for ever without gettin a bit jaded .

I think the everton game is here at the right time for him. He knows that he has to lift himself and hopefully it will be the kickstart he needs

If you wanted to wake him up that would be the game you would drop him for. Not that i'm advocating that like, but if you wanted to send out a message.

Heard something on the radio the other week, 5 Live I think, but can't for the life of me remember who. Anyway, they suggested that what was wrong with Gerrard, and even Liverpool in general, was not Rafa's rotations, but the one he didn't rotate - Gerrard - and the fact that he was playing him consistently in the CM role.

He compared him to Beckham playing at Utd where Kean was put in the centre and Beckham forced out onto the right where he then reaked havoc coming in and splaying balls around. Likewise for England. He went on to say that his 'best' game for England against Greece, was only remembered as such for his free kick, which he could have taken regardless of where he played, whereas the rest of the time he ran round like a headless chicken and achieved nothing.

He reckoned Gerrard was experiencing the same thing now. He scored 20 goals playing on the right, and now he's going missing week in week out!

Anyone hear that themselves, and if so who was it that said it?

mr cuntly of cuntingham,what a load of bollocks.so now it's not rotating thats to blame.