You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Men wearing jewellery

Joeys Pogo

This is useful stuff guys, but not really that useful. I'm not a wool, I'm not in my 40's and I'm not a scall. I'm pretty professional. I've had them in for years, so long I don't even think about it. What I'm kinda wondering is, is there some kind of new rule about left ear queer, both-ear = x? (where x == unknown, sheesh)

I'm out of the loop (oh-ho-ho) here.

This is useful stuff guys, but not really that useful. I'm not a wool, I'm not in my 40's and I'm not a scall. I'm pretty professional. I've had them in for years, so long I don't even think about it. What I'm kinda wondering is, is there some kind of new rule about left ear queer, both-ear = x? (where x == unknown, sheesh)

There was something like that around that years ago but thought we'd got past all that now

Grown men = anyone over about 20/25, I'm not even convincing myself writing this. I have to confess I find it a bit naff, but I'm an old granny so what do I know?

You need some awesome ear gauges if you want to be down with the kids.

Like this young rebel:

220px-Tribes_woman_with_ear_piercing.jpg

Normal earrings are obviously gay as fuck in comparison.

earrings are only acceptable if you're a pirate*. Anyone else who wears them is making a public declaration that they want to be arse-raped.

* Mr. Sex is a "punani pirate" and therefore acceptable.

Personally, I'm not even a big fan of women wearing jewellery. I learnt to live with it though. But nose-rings, they make me fucking cringe, ear-rings also to a (much) lesser degree. I just fail to see the point of any of it: Drill a hole in myself and put some shiny stone into it. OK... Hang on, i gotta hang some gold around my neck. Right.

Hmm, this probably comes across a lot more grumpy than it should.

Of course from a sociological / cultural-historical perspective this is all very interesting.

On the topic of the thread (and not just taking the piss out of Rich), I wear a wedding ring and a silver chain with a plain silver cross given to me by my Mum (deceased) on my 18th birthday.

I hadn't worn it, or even seen it, for years and then my Dad found it when going through a load of my old crap that I'd left at home.

Given I'm about as non-religious as you can get, I wear it for purely sentimental reasons.

I have a plain gold wedding ring and a plastic strapped digital watch and thats enough for me.

I got a gold signet ring and a gold crucifix for my 18th birthday but hardly ever wore them and then forgot about them and most probably lost them soon afterwards.

As for earrings, not for me at all. They remind me of Denim clad, snakeskin boot wearing, mustacchioed country/folk wannabees from the early 70s.

I used to have three gold earrings earlier, two in my left and one in my right.

I've been taking them out one of the time and I've not had one since 2008, when I applied for my current job.

Fist I took away one of those in my leaft ear, but cant remember if the right or the left one was the last one.

I also have a gold neckless and I still have a HJC wristband.

I think I have three earrings in this photo.

photo.php?fbid=5097896230&set=a.4489716230.2428.543151230&type=3&theater

Shoot me.