You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tonights games.

WaltonRed

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, after the initial depression, and a feeling like we'd actually been knocked out ourselves, time foor some perspective and hope.

The semi in 2005 was my best experience at Anfield yet. I thought it would be some time before that could be recreated...now's our chance.

To win it 6 times by putting out the Premiership Champions and runners up (whichever way round), will set us up nicely for No. 19 next season.

So I hope tomorrow the Red Men don't just do a professional job. I hope we steal back the headlines from these Mancs and Chavs and batter PSV.

Got to say, fair play to United - they were good goals and team looked unplayable - impressive at E.C. quarter final stage whoever the opposition. Same goes really for Chelsea - while I didnt see the first half, the second there was only one team in it, Valencia couldnt string two passes together, the most unSpanish looking team I had seen..

Much as doing Chelsea again in a semi would be sweet, cant see it happening twice in three years - and it makes it all the worse to imagine the crowing Mourinho. Think there may be a reversal here - may be wrong but didnt we lose in the Premiership to them home and away in 2005, thus making us outsiders? Think this time, cause of Anfield result against them we will be made greater favourites, but I seem them nicking what they need in front of the Kop...

(I am writing this partly due to a belief that by expressing my greatest fears they dont happen by the way :thumbup: )

Bring Chelsea on and bring whoever we get in the final, no one wants to play us with the prospect of Anfield in the 2nd leg of the semi and if its united then id prefer to play them in a one off.

Dont be fooled by that result tonight, Roma gave up and United punished them for it they still have to play one of two of the biggest teams in europe with much more pedigree than Roma.

Aye. Far too much whinging on here tonight.

Fair play the Mancs - that's pretty impressive.

Fair play the Chavs - a win at the Mestalla is some good work.

Neither will get past Carra and Rafa though.

Fair play to them both ( much as I hate to say it). Roma were embarrassing tho' and their keeper may as well of stayed at home.

The semi awaits - whoever said winning the champs league would be easy??

Tyldesley and Pleat were saying early on how important it was for the players to give the crowd something to shout about. In a European Cup quarter-final.

Compare and contrast with Anfield.

I was listening to Five Live last night and Graham Taylor said the announcer at Old Trafford was trying to get the crowd up for the game. Then he said he might upset some United supporters but that would never happen at Anfield.

I was listening to Five Live last night and Graham Taylor said the announcer at Old Trafford was trying to get the crowd up for the game. Then he said he might upset some United supporters but that would never happen at Anfield.

trying to get them up for a second leg quarter final CL match? That is horrendous. I like Graham Taylor.

As Slur was walking out for the second half he was waving his hands in a gesture to the crowd to make some noise.