You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Why Lucas Neill choose the Hammers!

RedAdmiral

Neill revealed his meeting with Magnusson clinched the deal.

"What he said almost knocked me off my feet," said Neill.

"I give you £60,000 a week"

At that point, Neill looks over his shoulder to see who the West Ham owner is speaking to. "It sure as hell isn't me" he says to himself, "he's not THAT much of a tit". He can't see anybody so he goes down like Harry Kewell and claims he was bowled over by Magnusson's words.

"It wasn't about cash - that didn't come into it," Neill told Sydney's Sunday Telegraph. "It was about being wanted. West Ham were knocking down the door to get me whereas Liverpool made a take it or leave it offer and didn't even come in for me until 15 days after the transfer window opened."

West Ham didn't even come in for him until after we did. If we hadn't wanted him, we wouldn't have made a bid for him - does he think that Parry's got nothing better to do with his time than amuse himself by making spurious bids for unwanted targets? Is this what Rafa was talking about?

"People who have raised their eyebrows at me for making this decision are in for a surprise because West Ham have a shopping list of players which almost blew me away."

Yeah, so do Everton.

There's a world of difference between having a shopping list of quality players and attracting them to an also-ran side in relegation trouble, especially with 11 days left before the transfer deadline. Also, any grand plans they may have made for next season are very much open to review come May - I don't think they'll be drawing the crowned heads of European football to the Championship somehow. Not that Neill will give a fuck if they go down - I notice his faith in Eggert doesn't extend to waiving his relegation release clause.

"...Liverpool gave me the impression that I might not even get a game if I went there."

So, we told him the truth then. Shocking. Of course, the reason he'll get a game every week at West Ham is because their defence is largely dross.

"I supported them (Liverpool) as a kid."

Did you fuck.

Neill revealed his meeting with Magnusson clinched the deal. "What he said almost knocked me off my feet," said Neill. "He told me I'm the first of many new signings earmarked for the club."

Eggert told me that Raul is next to sign. He'll be finalising the contract next week after flying out to Spain on the Spruce Goose. Then he took about seven of these little white pills and pissed into a nearby bottle.

"West Ham are very well supported. They just happen to be at the wrong end of the table at the moment."

Yes, it's all coincidence, isn't it?

Buffoon.

West Ham didn't even come in for him until after we did. If we hadn't wanted him, we wouldn't have made a bid for him - does he think that Parry's got nothing better to do with his time than amuse himself by making spurious bids for unwanted targets? Is this what Rafa was talking about?

Yeah, so do Everton.

There's a world of difference between having a shopping list of quality players and attracting them to an also-ran side in relegation trouble, especially with 11 days left before the transfer deadline. Also, any grand plans they may have made for next season are very much open to review come May - I don't think they'll be drawing the crowned heads of European football to the Championship somehow. Not that Neill will give a fuck if they go down - I notice his faith in Eggert doesn't extend to waiving his relegation release clause.

So, we told him the truth then. Shocking. Of course, the reason he'll get a game every week at West Ham is because their defence is largely dross.

Did you fuck.

Eggert told me that Raul is next to sign. He'll be finalising the contract next week after flying out to Spain on the Spruce Goose. Then he took about seven of these little white pills and pissed into a nearby bottle.

Yes, it's all coincidence, isn't it?

Buffoon.

Well put, saves me the trouble.

Who cares what his reasons were? I think Rafa was making a mistake in trying to sign him anyway (as do most, judging by their opinions of his ability), so this can only be good news. He'd have been a pointless signing as he's no better than what we've already got. Yes, we arguably need cover for the rest of this season, but no player should be signed for the short term on a full contract. Get someone on loan or make do until we can bring in a player who's good enough to improve the team.