You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ruben Amorim

21 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

Hmmm.You don't play for big teams as a big player to play in low blocks and block space.

Except mourinho did it for years. He used to play that back 6 where the wingers would play as full backs. Players will do anything for results. But just like fans, if they have to eat shit and it doesn't work, they'll turn very quickly. 

7 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

I thought Arteta was, dare I say it, a bit Mourinho-esque in his approach.

Definitely. That doesn't preclude them from winning the league or keeping players onboard though imo. 

59 minutes ago, Code said:

Amorim will have to deliever from day one, it will be like Rodgers all over again, fans getting restless and looking for faults if we dont keep up the pace we have been setting under the club legend Klopp. 

I have never studied his team so I have no opinion of Amorim at all, but I can see an appointment being a huge risk. 

Whoever takes over will be expected to deliver from day one, because - for the first time in 40 years - a new Liverpool manager will be taking over a club and a squad in good shape.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Except mourinho did it for years. He used to play that back 6 where the wingers would play as full backs. Players will do anything for results. But just like fans, if they have to eat shit and it doesn't work, they'll turn very quickly. 

Definitely. That doesn't preclude them from winning the league or keeping players onboard though imo. 

We both know that the Mourinho style of winning has no interest to the modern player now, which is why he's died out. My point is that it won't be lost on those Arsenal players that Arteta didn't back them at all to win that game. If they don't win the league, which I'm confident they won't, that's him done.

1 minute ago, Smell The Glove said:

We both know that the Mourinho style of winning has no interest to the modern player now which is why he's died out. My point is that it won't be lost on those Arsenal players that Arteta didn't back them at all to win that game. If they don't win the league which I'm confident they won't, that's him done.

They wouldn't have won the league had they come out and attacked, because they'd have got fucked as they always do at city. This way he's got his point. And for now he'll keep them onside. If that means at the end of the season they turn on him, great. Or in a couple of weeks when city go past them. But he'd be in no better position had they lost yesterday. Him, his players and their fans were petrified of defeat yesterday. I'm sure they'll take playing like shit for a point. In fact their fan reactions says they will. 

In my opinion they'll start dropping points now anyway. Their record at this end of the season is poor. Their best period in the league this season was when they were playing once per week. Now they have Europe to contend with too and a couple of midweek league games thrown in, I'm sure they'll drop more points. 

28 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

They wouldn't have won the league had they come out and attacked, because they'd have got fucked as they always do at city. This way he's got his point. And for now he'll keep them onside. If that means at the end of the season they turn on him, great. Or in a couple of weeks when city go past them. But he'd be in no better position had they lost yesterday. Him, his players and their fans were petrified of defeat yesterday. I'm sure they'll take playing like shit for a point. In fact their fan reactions says they will. 

In my opinion they'll start dropping points now anyway. Their record at this end of the season is poor. Their best period in the league this season was when they were playing once per week. Now they have Europe to contend with too and a couple of midweek league games thrown in, I'm sure they'll drop more points. 

Starting Saturday they have a hard run of about 7 games inc CL so see how they come out of it 

• Upvote 2

I'm working nights with nothing to do so watching these sort of videos as im bored shitless. 

Some interesting stuff about his style in some reports. Seems to really balance his side out and its a 343 with the ball and drops to a 532 without but still presses high with one of the CB pushing forward at times to midfield to cut out passing lanes and a fullback expected to drop to make up a back 4. If this is the formation he is wedded to then it looks like we would need a LCB and  LWB as neither Robbo or Tsmiskas has the pace,ability to beat a man or goal threat to play there

Some of the names that have been mentioned as possible targets

LCB

David Hanko Feynoord

Riccardo Calafiori – Bologna

Gonçalo Inácio

LWB

Ryan Alt Nouri Wolves

Milos Kerkez  Bournemouth

I think Szoboszlai could be the man that takes Mo role if he chose to move on, in the same way he has Pedro Goncalves as one of his wingers/10s paired with Marcus Edwards a more tricky winger type as the other. I hope Mo signs a new extension though as getting him pushed more inside and around the penalty area can only be a good thing and will stop him having them games where he is a bit more isolated

Could see something like these formations and thats not including some of the kids and the likes of Elliot or Gravenberch. Just shows how good a squad Klopp is leaving behind

1949926_Liverpool.jpg

1949927_Liverpool.jpg

8 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Arsenal fans were full of it on The Athletic about it being the result they wanted and how they were going to clean up. I hope the arrogant bastards slide to 4th.

• Upvote 1

This makes sense 

It's to do with multiple club stuff with FSG. I guess we are looking at Portugal or Brazil and bringing in youth players which is easier in Portugal 

It emerged last month that FSG was working on a move for Marques as part of its plans for a multi-club model, which was a key factor in Edwards' appointment. The Portuguese is to be employed by FSG rather than Liverpool directly as his skills and expertise made him a leading candidate for the role.

10 hours ago, Lee909 said:

If this is the formation he is wedded to then it looks like we would need a LCB and  LWB as neither Robbo or Tsmiskas has the pace,ability to beat a man or goal threat to play there

Some of the names that have been mentioned as possible targets

LCB

David Hanko Feynoord

Riccardo Calafiori – Bologna

Gonçalo Inácio

LWB

Ryan Alt Nouri Wolves

Milos Kerkez  Bournemouth

As good a player as I think Alt Nouri is, I don’t think he’s the answer for left wing back. 

4 goals and 7 assists in 90 matches for Wolves. 

Not sure what the answer is. Theo Hernandez seems to chip in with a few goals. He’d be very expensive though. 

Same with Di Marco. Italy seems have quite a few reasonable wing backs, not sure what to make of that given the last Italian wing back we signed…

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

As good a player as I think Alt Nouri is, I don’t think he’s the answer for left wing back. 

How does that scale if he's playing for a club who have more of the ball, play more in the opposition half and is given more license to attack?

56 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Seems strange with Hughes aswell

Wonder if Edwards is cleaning house of some that come in after him

Why do you think it's strange? It makes sense to me. Hughes is sporting director at Liverpool. This new fella has nothing to do with us and is part of Edward's empire ahead of building a multi club model. From all the stuff leaked a week or so ago about this, this guy is going to be CEO or sporting director of the 1st club fsg buy, which I assume will be Portuguese. 

8 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Not sure what the answer is. Theo Hernandez seems to chip in with a few goals. He’d be very expensive though. 

Same with Di Marco. Italy seems have quite a few reasonable wing backs, not sure what to make of that given the last Italian wing back we signed…

Theo Hernandez is a fucking shithouse rat. Good player like. Probably a bit old and a bit pricey for us.

I think between Robertson and Tsimikas we shouldn't need an immediate upgrade at left wing back, if Amorim comes in, and if he decides to play 3-4-3. Neither are perfect fits for the role I guess. But it's not like his current left wing back is that prolific, he's only got 4 goals this season.

Would rather we didn't bring in someone who is basically going to rip up what we have in terms of system, formation, style, personnel so he can do things his way. I want someone as close to Klopp's set up as possible to just carry on what we're doing and make the transition smooth.

Don't want some cunt coming in and saying he doesn't fancy Robbo or Trent or Szoboslai because he can't shoehorn them into his fucking rigid three at the back set up.

So if it's this fella, I hope he's flexible and open minded.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, dave u said:

Would rather we didn't bring in someone who is basically going to rip up what we have in terms of system, formation, style, personnel so he can do things his way. I want someone as close to Klopp's set up as possible to just carry on what we're doing and make the transition smooth.

Don't want some cunt coming in and saying he doesn't fancy Robbo or Trent or Szoboslai because he can't shoehorn them into his fucking rigid three at the back set up.

So if it's this fella, I hope he's flexible and open minded.

I think the same. Evolution not revolution.

• Upvote 1

• dave u changed the title to Ruben Amorim