You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ruben Amorim

In case this guy actually will become our new manager, can someone with mod skills change the title of the thread?

Not really a good look if we dont even know the name of our manager. 

@dave u can you fix that?

IMG_0402.jpeg

• Upvote 1

I don't think we will be looking to rip up what we have been building with Klopp 2.0. It would make little sense to make such an appointment, with our... ahem...financially sound owners.

5 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I don't think we will be looking to rip up what we have been building with Klopp 2.0. It would make little sense to make such an appointment, with our... ahem...financially sound owners.

This is the most troubling aspect of Klopp leaving. He'd put in place all levels playing the same brand. Young midfielders especially just slot in when needed without needing much instructions. Its natural for them, just several levels higher. Does all that work get scrapped? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dave u said:

Would rather we didn't bring in someone who is basically going to rip up what we have in terms of system, formation, style, personnel so he can do things his way. I want someone as close to Klopp's set up as possible to just carry on what we're doing and make the transition smooth.

Don't want some cunt coming in and saying he doesn't fancy Robbo or Trent or Szoboslai because he can't shoehorn them into his fucking rigid three at the back set up.

So if it's this fella, I hope he's flexible and open minded.

I'm not mad on a manager that plays three at the back but if we're going down the road of 'well Jurgen did this and anything else is wrong' then it isn't going to work either. I'm not talking about ripping the whole thing up but its a dangerous mindset for the club to be in. Its going to be a bumpy enough transition without harking back to the previous incumbent. 

41 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

This is the most troubling aspect of Klopp leaving. He'd put in place all levels playing the same brand. Young midfielders especially just slot in when needed without needing much instructions. Its natural for them, just several levels higher. Does all that work get scrapped? 

It's a headache man.

Take two amorins.

2 hours ago, Code said:

In case this guy actually will become our new manager, can someone with mod skills change the title of the thread?

Not really a good look if we dont even know the name of our manager. 

@dave u can you fix that?

IMG_0402.jpeg

Opened the thread to post exactly the same thing!

• dave u changed the title to Ruben Amorim

I don't like any of these choices. None of them seem to have a history of work that make you take note. Amorim seems good but the Portuguese league makes me shiver. De Zerbi i think is alright, players rave about him they were a threat when we played them and their best player last year was on our side but I'm not sure my heart could take his defensive style but fuck me he had Brighton getting the most shots on goal last season or some shit.. Brighton! Nagelsmann must have something at his age to do what he's done with just a falling out at Bayern being his slightly tarnished downfall. Who else, Thomas Frank its all a bit wank.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RobbieOR said:

I'm not mad on a manager that plays three at the back but if we're going down the road of 'well Jurgen did this and anything else is wrong' then it isn't going to work either. I'm not talking about ripping the whole thing up but its a dangerous mindset for the club to be in. Its going to be a bumpy enough transition without harking back to the previous incumbent. 

Doesn't have to be like that, but at the same time when you've built a squad to play a certain way and signed/brought through players to play specific positions, it's a bit stupid bringing someone in who will immediately want players of a different profile for specific positions. 

You do that, and the guy you bring in is shit, it's a slippery slope. A big part of why Everton and United are so shite is they have squads filled with players signed by different managers for different styles who were quickly sacked for being shit.

As a hypothetical, I'm not down with this fella (or whoever) coming in and saying "I don't want Robertson and Kostas, sign me Ait Nouri (just as an example), and there's no room in my midfield for Trent or Szoboslai as they don't fit the profile of player I like for my system". We let him do what he wants, he turns out to be a bum and next summer we're replacing him with someone else and the cycle then continues.

Fuck that. We're onto a great thing here, I want someone to come in and keep that going and build on Klopp's legacy, not destroy it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Truly, I don't think the 3 at the back thing is a big deal. Maybe there are some profiles in the squad he wouldn't favour but all this would be discussed beforehand and if the ideas are too different, we wouldn't take him. 

When you look at the young players too, there are no good managers who will look at the way we've developped them under Klopp and say "I don't like these pressing freaks they've produced". 

He has a huge few couple days coming up. Benfica in 2nd leg of the cup and then Benfica in the league. Will be interesting to follow.

I don't see it being Amorim. I'd be amazed if the club just scrapped what Klopp has put in place. I've never seen Klopp buddy up to manager like he has De Zerbi. De Zerbi could easily carry on what Klopp has put in place as its a style he's familiar with. Not only that, it wouldn't surprise me if they are not already discussing the squad now.

2 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

I don't see it being Amorim. I'd be amazed if the club just scrapped what Klopp has put in place. I've never seen Klopp buddy up to manager like he has De Zerbi. De Zerbi could easily carry on what Klopp has put in place as its a style he's familiar with. Not only that, it wouldn't surprise me if they are not already discussing the squad now.

We ruled him out a few hours ago it won’t be him

3 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

De Zerbi isn't similar to Klopp in style.

3 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

Haha that's what landing from Prague does.

End of the day it’s going to be someone who has won the equivalent to the Simod cup or the full members cup there’s no one out there it’s a new era for new upcoming managers and someone is going to be the lucky fuck

19 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

He can easily play 4-3-3 in that style but it's apparently not an option now

I doubt anything is definitive in terms of ruling him out, but he is probably not the favourite. Amorim is, it seems.

Anyway; https://www.reuters.com/sports/soccer/i-couldnt-coach-that-klopp-praises-de-zerbis-impact-brighton-2024-03-29/#:~:text="It's about having possession%2C we,but it's a good watch.

"The way they play, I couldn't coach that. It goes against my personality."

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

I doubt anything is definitive in terms of ruling him out, but he is probably not the favourite. Amorim is, it seems.

Anyway; https://www.reuters.com/sports/soccer/i-couldnt-coach-that-klopp-praises-de-zerbis-impact-brighton-2024-03-29/#:~:text="It's about having possession%2C we,but it's a good watch.

"The way they play, I couldn't coach that. It goes against my personality.

He doesn't have to coach it. Keeping 4-3-3 would be more beneficial than changing to 3-4-3.

1 hour ago, dave u said:

Doesn't have to be like that, but at the same time when you've built a squad to play a certain way and signed/brought through players to play specific positions, it's a bit stupid bringing someone in who will immediately want players of a different profile for specific positions. 

You do that, and the guy you bring in is shit, it's a slippery slope. A big part of why Everton and United are so shite is they have squads filled with players signed by different managers for different styles who were quickly sacked for being shit.

As a hypothetical, I'm not down with this fella (or whoever) coming in and saying "I don't want Robertson and Kostas, sign me Ait Nouri (just as an example), and there's no room in my midfield for Trent or Szoboslai as they don't fit the profile of player I like for my system". We let him do what he wants, he turns out to be a bum and next summer we're replacing him with someone else and the cycle then continues.

Fuck that. We're onto a great thing here, I want someone to come in and keep that going and build on Klopp's legacy, not destroy it.

Aye, it's taken us decades to get a squad this good, the thought of someone just tearing it all up is petrifying.