You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ruben Amorim

1 hour ago, magicrat said:

We’ve gone years not having to think twice about who is our next manager and now the reality is sinking in that Klopp is irreplaceable. Unless Guardiola miraculously tips up then it’s hard to believe any of the current candidates could fill his boots. I hoped Alonso would have stepped up but now he’s out  I don’t much care . I know next to squat about the rest of the names mentioned so will be relying on blind faith and beer to get me through next season and probably beyond.

That is exactly why I am not at all bothered who comes in because no one can replace him. It is just not possible because not only he is a genius of a manager with limited budget, he is such a great positive human being with the sort of aura that just does not exist with anyone else.

I include Fradiola in that. 

• Upvote 4

45 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Isn't that pretty much the job here, to be ready when those with more resources fuck up and don't be sitting around watching fucking Leicester do it?

No, it's not at all. Single season runs and cups are what the job is here. Klopp has managed to put a few seasons runs together with a stinker in between. LFC are the opposite of a steady club always within striking distance of a underperforming league imo.

2 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

That is exactly why I am not at all bothered who comes in because no one can replace him. It is just not possible because not only he is a genius of a manager with limited budget, he is such a great positive human being with the sort of aura that just does not exist with anyone else.

I include Fradiola in that. 

Klopp is a better manager and a better man. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

My biggest concern is that apart from Klopp FSG's managerial appointments have been underwhelming to me. It's almost as if they should cut and run after Klopp. Let's hope they are as smart as they believe they are,in future.

What do you mean, apart from Klopp? They first and only other true appointment had been Rodgers. Since 2012.

2 hours ago, Welsh said:

I don't think I've ever been less excited about a new manager coming in. I don't feel at all positive with the names that are being linked.

It's not to say nobody could work but I'd never heard of Amorim before this so for him to be linked to a massive club is out of the blue (Albeit I don't watch anywhere near the amount of football I used to watch so it might just be my lack of football knowledge outside of English football)

Postecoglou shouts can fuck right off though, he's fucking shit him.

Bob Paisley's first words to the squad as their new manager were: 'I didn't really want this job'. The collective downer after Shankly left the building lasted quite a while. I can't see any way of avoiding something similar this time around, although, with this group of players, the right kind of results could help everyone to move on. 

16 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

My biggest concern is that apart from Klopp FSG's managerial appointments have been underwhelming to me. It's almost as if they should cut and run after Klopp. Let's hope they are as smart as they believe they are,in future.

As I put in another thread, I’ve been reading Data Game about the build up of our analytics department since 2010.

I think it’s clear we’ll be relying heavily on Spearman & teams analysis to replace Klopp.

It’s very clear the analytics is in a far better place now than it was 10-15 years ago. The technology wasn’t there or in its infancy when we appointed Rodgers. A lot of it still relied on the naked eye and judgement.

If it’s Amorim and it doesn’t work, it won’t be for the lack analysis or deep dives we’ll have conducted. No stone will be left unturned. 

59 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Oh contraire…

IMG_1236.jpeg

58 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Not surprised at this. I was reading in The Athletic yesterday they are desperate to convince Xavi to stay because they can’t afford to replace him…

IMG_1234.png

Now, don't dismiss it out of hand, but how about Senor Rodgers with tres sobres for the Catalan cunts?

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Now, don't dismiss it out of hand, but how about Senor Rodgers with tres sobres for the Catalan cunts?

His head would get so far up his own arse he’d turn himself inside out. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

His head would get so far up his own arse he’d turn himself inside out. 

It'd be worth it for the shit eating grin during the press conference.

'I believe you're keen on the work of Cruyff here? So am I, but I noticed a couple of flaws in his philosophy which I'll be putting right while I'm here and showing you all Brendanitoball in its all conqurering glory.

You got any bueno secreteries around here, mines getting a bit ropey now and I'm due an upgrade

Me lo agradecerás luego, adiós'

38 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

It'd be worth it for the shit eating grin during the press conference.

'I believe you're keen on the work of Cruyff here? So am I, but I noticed a couple of flaws in his philosophy which I'll be putting right while I'm here and showing you all Brendanitoball in its all conqurering glory.

You got any bueno secreteries around here, mines getting a bit ropey now and I'm due an upgrade

Me lo agradecerás luego, adiós'

My skin is crawling just thinking about it. 

3 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

No, it's not at all. Single season runs and cups are what the job is here. Klopp has managed to put a few seasons runs together with a stinker in between. LFC are the opposite of a steady club always within striking distance of a underperforming league imo.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Domestic cups are a new thing for us. We had no interest for most of klopp's time. And top 4 is clearly the objective. Most seasons it's a maximum of 2 teams fighting for the league, this is the 1st one that has had more than 2 since klopp arrived. It seems to me it's hang around the top 4 and when it goes well for us, but shit for city, you have a chance. Klopp is fucking brilliant, so he's over achieved and made us genuinely the 2nd best side in the country behind the cheats. I don't expect the new coach to be held to that standard. Get top 4. And hope it's better.  

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Domestic cups are a new thing for us. We had no interest for most of klopp's time. And top 4 is clearly the objective. Most seasons it's a maximum of 2 teams fighting for the league, this is the 1st one that has had more than 2 since klopp arrived. It seems to me it's hang around the top 4 and when it goes well for us, but shit for city, you have a chance. Klopp is fucking brilliant, so he's over achieved and made us genuinely the 2nd best side in the country behind the cheats. I don't expect the new coach to be held to that standard. Get top 4. And hope it's better.  

I meant pre Klopp. We had teams that had a tilt at the title every 4/5 years. 

There are bigger cups than domestic, we sprinkled in one and had a good run in at least one other. That is 21st century LFC.

4 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

biggest difference between us and them in terms of style is they drop off deeper out of possession and they do it more frequently than we do. In possession they're maybe a little more direct? But not hugely so. 

The first part is spot on, without the ball they get back quickly and deeper and split into two groups of 4 from what ive read. But they are nowhere near as direct as we are. I heard on a podcast the other day we are 2nd in the league for direct passing. They are far more City/Arsenal like 

12 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

The first part is spot on, without the ball they get back quickly and deeper and split into two groups of 4 from what ive read. But they are nowhere near as direct as we are. I heard on a podcast the other day we are 2nd in the league for direct passing. They are far more City/Arsenal like 

Ah good to know, my sample size was three games, and two of them were against stronger opposition

10 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Yeah, that's what I'd read. Basically to summarize; not really aggressive when pressing and prefers to stay in 5atb shape with high line without the ball, but when they have the ball they are direct and vertical.

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

, but when they have the ball they are direct and vertical.

It's funny as it depends on who you read. Lots saying it's more possession based before looking to hit the front three or overlapping fullbacks. Same out of possession 5 drop and 5 press heavily.