You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (N) - EFL Cup Final, Sun 25th Feb 2024 (3:00pm)

Trumo

Just now, Bobby Hundreds said:

Yeah fuck the FA cup off, if we can win with a kids side great but we are in no shape to fight on 3 more fronts so play smart.

I dont think there is much more choice than to send out the kids/Adrian mid week at this point, shame as I think we should aim to compete on all fronts but given the slim pickings squad wise that is about the best we can do now.

1 minute ago, TheSire said:

All refs seem to book both players regardless. It's stupid but it's nothing to do with corruption. Refs seem to just book both by default, bit annoying but it always happens.

The issue I have, is having seen the replay, Mike Dean defends the ref. Yes, Bradley did nothing but he has to set an example because other people reacted. 

THat is the issue with VAR etc, they just instinctively defend each other when the make a mistake. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, waddy78 said:

We've got nothing upfront (understandable with the injuries) but when the openings come we need to hit it earlier and stop trying to walk it in.

We've looked the better side by far but in the final third things slow down a bit. Bit of hesitancy mostly?

You've just got to laugh at the state of refereeing in this country now. The ref somehow doesn't book a Chelsea player all half despite numerous bad challenges, including one causing yet another serious looking injury for us, and then he decides that Chilwell acting like a complete prick while Bradley just walks away should lead to equal punishment.

Unlucky from Gakpo. I don't know what it is about cup finals with Chelsea but the ball just never seems to want to go in no matter how many chances we have. Great save from Kelleher earlier.

Just now, Scooby Dudek said:

The issue I have, is having seen the replay, Mike Dean defends the ref. Yes, Bradley did nothing but he has to set an example because other people reacted. 

THat is the issue with VAR etc, they just instinctively defend each other when the make a mistake. 

Yeah it's fucking annoying, I turned off from sky sports to some American channel. Can't stand carragher and neville. 

1 minute ago, Scooby Dudek said:

That boiled my piss, saying it was right that Bradley got booked because others reacted.

Just now, chrisbonnie said:

I hope he wakes up in the middle of the night, turns his pillow to get the cool side, and finds it actually hotter. The fucking prick

Then jumps out of bed in disgust, landing his foot on an upturned plug. 

5 minutes ago, A_S said:

Brooks. And how could he not at least send the ref to the monitor for a challenge that has seen a player stretchered off, FFS?

For the refs, being sent to the monitor means "you've completely fucked that and need to overturn it".  It shouldn't mean that, and we were told it wouldn't be used like that, but that's how they use it. The cunts.

1 minute ago, chrisbonnie said:

I hope he wakes up in the middle of the night, turns his pillow to get the cool side, and finds it actually hotter. The fucking prick

I hope he goes swimming and gets a Candiru up his dick.

• Haha 1