You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Title Race

1 minute ago, Chris said:

Our hardest games left are Everton and Manchester United away. We very regularly drop points at both. 

Yeah we got to start well at both draws are no good like we got in 2019 we need to be up or them from the off 

1 minute ago, BeefStroganoff said:

One game at a time. We have an advantage next prom game, just take the points off Brighton and let the other two duke it out. I cant see Arsenal winning there.

I’ll be surprised if they get a draw 

17 minutes ago, Chris said:

Our hardest games left are Everton and Manchester United away. We very regularly drop points at both. 

Even though they are shite west ham away worries me too....they'll be up for us and will look to alehouse us off corners and free kicks.

Tricky away that for us.

20 minutes ago, Chris said:

Im still pissed off about the 0:0 in December. They’re shite. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, an tha said:

Even though they are shite west ham away worries me too....they'll be up for us and will look to alehouse us off corners and free kicks.

Tricky away that for us.

Honestly an tha, I have no idea how you're going to make it to the end.

14 minutes ago, an tha said:

Tricky away that for us.

Two words to soothe you: David. Moyes. 

5 hours ago, dave u said:

Ten games left and we'll win nine of them. Maybe ten, but we might draw somewhere. Spurs at home might be trickier than people think because of how they counter attack, but equally if we're on it that day we could fucking batter them with their high line. This team looks like it's on a mission and won't be denied and Klopp is ridiculously calm and seems to be enjoying himself like never before.  

I'm not arsed about any of our home games. In fact aside from palace and wolves, and maybe not palace or wolves because they likely will be dead rubbers for them, I'm hoping they're opportunities to build goal difference. It's away where I'm bothered. We rarely win at Everton. Man united away we've had some great matches there recently, but it's not likely to be like that. Fulham, west ham and villa could all be tricky aways too. Where as in isolated result a draw might be ok, but there's no scope for that now. It's just find a way to win in every away game, regardless of score or performance. 

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

I'm not arsed about any of our home games. In fact aside from palace and wolves, and maybe not palace or wolves because they likely will be dead rubbers for them, I'm hoping they're opportunities to build goal difference. It's away where I'm bothered. We rarely win at Everton. Man united away we've had some great matches there recently, but it's not likely to be like that. Fulham, west ham and villa could all be tricky aways too. Where as in isolated result a draw might be ok, but there's no scope for that now. It's just find a way to win in every away game, regardless of score or performance. 

We are in title winning mode now. Sunday proved that. Everton and Man Utd are traditionally tricky but they shouldn't be. We'll win every home left.

6 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

We are in title winning mode now. Sunday proved that. Everton and Man Utd are traditionally tricky but they shouldn't be. We'll win every home left.

You can say all 3 teams are in title winning mode. Even though we absolutely steam rollered city in the 2nd half there, they'll be walking away thinking they've done brilliantly getting a draw. And arsenal have been smashing it for a while. Although personally, I think they've peaked too soon. 

39 minutes ago, an tha said:

Tricky away that for us.

Could do with them staying in the Europa League. They'll rest a few if they have a semi final coming up the game after.

19 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

You can say all 3 teams are in title winning mode. Even though we absolutely steam rollered city in the 2nd half there, they'll be walking away thinking they've done brilliantly getting a draw. And arsenal have been smashing it for a while. Although personally, I think they've peaked too soon. 

Arsenal had kind fixtures and they won them all but difficult ones start next let’s see 

28 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Arsenal have too tricky games to get to 90pts. I've personally ruled them out. Man City have been given a generous run in. Something isn't quite right there though, regardless of De Bruyne spitting his dummy out again. He's still got his little prefects like that rat Bernardo and nobody else can touch the ball Rodri but it's not like previous seasons. That's what I'm clinging to anyway.

If we keep up our average points tally so far this season, we will get 23 points from a potential 30 points, that will have us finish at 87 points.

Since Christmas Day we have played 10 PL games and we have got 8 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss. If we manage to do the same the last 10 games we will get 89 points.

Will that be enough, or is two draws the worst we can do to win the title?

Im pretty confident 90 points will win it, the most us and Arsenal can get is 94 points, and for City its 93 points.

A draw in the City-Arsenal game might not sound so bad with this in mind. 

1 hour ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Even with players coming back, I don't think we will win 10 games in a row. I can easily see at least 2 draws in our fixtures. Hopefully it will be enough. 

Yeah, I’m the same. I reckon the others will drop points in a few games too.

At this stage I think an Arsenal win at City would be the best result for us. Probably the least likely outcome though. 

17 minutes ago, Jamie H said:

Arsenal's goal difference is a worry, don't think we can get a 7 goal swing in the remaining games tbh.

We could get that in one game if we put our minds to it. With Salah back up there with Darwin, and Diaz running right into form, we could absolutely demolish someone.

7 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Sheffield is the type of game everyone says we score a bucketful but then we struggle and nearly drop points.

I said the same on social media when they got tonked by Arsenal they will come and play like 1970 Brazil and defend like Sacchis Milan 

1 hour ago, Smell The Glove said:

Arsenal have too tricky games to get to 90pts. I've personally ruled them out. Man City have been given a generous run in. Something isn't quite right there though, regardless of De Bruyne spitting his dummy out again. He's still got his little prefects like that rat Bernardo and nobody else can touch the ball Rodri but it's not like previous seasons. That's what I'm clinging to anyway.

They are literally top, how can anyone "rule them out"? 

18 minutes ago, dave u said:

We could get that in one game if we put our minds to it. With Salah back up there with Darwin, and Diaz running right into form, we could absolutely demolish someone.

While I’d agree I hope we don’t get Palace away 3-3 vibes where we go all out and then balls it up. I appreciate this is a different club compared to then. I just find that history says when pressure is on you to thrash someone it rarely happens.

The fixture that is bothering me is Fulham away.

Actually, scrub that, all the remaining away games are bothering me!