You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Anubis

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Nice. To be honest I haven't seen loads of him since his injury. 6 in 18 and a couple of assists. I reckon he's got the aggression to be boss over here. 

He looks done unfortunately. Inter Juventus the other night had Enrico Chiesa, George Weah and Lilian Thurams kids playing, doesn't half make you feel old. There was a Cambiasso playing as well, haven't checked if he's another one.

59 minutes ago, No2 said:

He looks done unfortunately. Inter Juventus the other night had Enrico Chiesa, George Weah and Lilian Thurams kids playing, doesn't half make you feel old. There was a Cambiasso playing as well, haven't checked if he's another one.

Had a feeling he might be. He's quite an intense player and it was a bad injury. 

Yeah for Chiesa and Thuram's kids but George Weah was about 75 in the 90s.  What players they were though. Still can't believe Weah played for Chelsea and City. 

11 hours ago, No2 said:

Andrea isn't related to Esteban

11 hours ago, No2 said:

I'm with this view

The numbers look better than his actual form from the games I've seen. Looked a bit slower to me. He's will also be 27 in October and I can't see us paying big money at that age. 

I don't believe any transfer rumours either. We don't have a sporting director or a new manager in place. Unless we are buying a U18 kid I just don't see any business being down

15 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

He wouldn't cost big money any more as everyone knows about the injury. 

Real shame, as he'd be a big improvement on Diaz. Huge risk though, obviously, which we won't be taking.

Based on? Surely not anything he’s done in the last two years as he seems to be perennially coming back from injury. 

On 03/02/2024 at 23:06, Lee909 said:

They rejected a offer from Forest for him. I'm not sure they know who is the number 1. Blaswich has been so far but Gulacsi did his ACL and only got fit at the end of September. 

His contract runs till 2025 according to transfermarkt so he wouldn't be on a free anyway. For a small fee he would make a good number 2 if Kelleher left, Kamil Grabara would be the same and home grown but I doubt he would want to be a number 2 and he's playing in the champions league with Copenhagen 

Grabara has already agreed a deal to join Wolfsburg next season.

25 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

Based on? Surely not anything he’s done in the last two years as he seems to be perennially coming back from injury. 

Díaz hasn't done much in the same period either. I've said it's unlikely to happen due to his injuries, but if he got back to 80% of the player he was he'd be an improvement on Díaz who no longer even takes defenders on. 

Diaz is a good player. He’s a game changer off the bench but not necessarily one in the first 11. Fuck knows what happens to this team in the summer. It’s about as complete a squad as we’ve ever seen but it’s Klopp’s squad and the bastard is fucking off. If we see someone come in and want to make their mark on the squad I can see them looking at changing the forwards around a bit but it’s a fine balance.

16 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Am I the only one who still likes Diaz?

He has a lot of desire but he's gotten worse at Liverpool. That's pretty frustrating. The player he was at Porto was a one-man attack who could do everything.

I think he is a young man who has had an awful lot thrown at him in a relatively short period with a bad injury, his dad's situation and the opposition tacticians having more knowledge of his traits, but I think he has reacted brilliantly, is on the up again and has never given the club less than 100% on or off the field throughout. 

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, sir roger said:

I think he is a young man who has had an awful lot thrown at him in a relatively short period with a bad injury, his dad's situation and the opposition tacticians having more knowledge of his traits, but I think he has reacted brilliantly, is on the up again and has never given the club less than 100% on or off the field throughout. 

Yep agree 100%

I'd like to see Tyler Morton given the chance to stake a claim next season and added to the group of Bradley, Quansah, Clarke and Doak (and Bajcetic) as genuine squad options.

Any signings need to compliment and not block their roles in the side.

Agree with that TD. Whoever the next manager is needs to keep going with Klopp’s work in terms of giving youngsters opportunities. I think Inglethorpe is sticking around at least. That pathway from the academy to the first team is one of the best things about the club in recent years, it would be a huge shame if the new manager didn’t or couldn’t take advantage of that.

Is there anything, or anyone in world football more tedious than Kylian M'Bappe?

Paris St-Germain forward Kylian Mbappe, 25, and his camp are unconvinced by Real Madrid's latest offer to the France international, who can move on a free transfer this summer, as it is lower than a previous proposal from May 2022.

51 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Is there anything, or anyone in world football more tedious than Kylian M'Bappe?

Paris St-Germain forward Kylian Mbappe, 25, and his camp are unconvinced by Real Madrid's latest offer to the France international, who can move on a free transfer this summer, as it is lower than a previous proposal from May 2022.

Erling Haalands horrible fucking face 

• Haha 1