You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bournemouth (A) - EFL Cup 4th Rnd, Wed 1st Nov 2023 (7:45pm)

Trumo

18 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Good win that in a tricky match under very difficult conditions. Half decent performance as well, even if we struggled at times in the second half.

Good performances from Gakpo, Gomez and Matip I thought. Szoboszlai good as always, but still not his best performance. Salah excellent in the first half and poor in the second, something to think about there looking at his role and position in the first half.

Numez came on and was excellent, and of course won us the game with a world class finish.

Man of the match for me was Quansah, what a fantastic performance! 

Not a night to talk too much about the negatives, but thought Kelleher and Tsimikas were below par.

He was culpable for the goal, but I thought Kelleher did well otherwise. Good handling and also comfortable with the ball at his feet In unfavourable conditions.

11 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

Where the hell do you think you’ve been young man?

Repped. 

Ah cheers mate, been busy of late, been clearing out my late Dads house. It's been a bit of a mare tbh. Sale is due for completion on Friday.

Been struggling to find any worthwhile footage to make gifs from whilst the games are live

too.

• Upvote 28

Into the hat.....all that matters really.

Quansah was good...looks like he could potentially be the real deal.

I thought Gomez looked assured and his attacking play is definitely improving a lot - some nice link up stuff and a bit of a threat.

Worked hard as a team in awful conditions and as say into the hat...

24 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

He was culpable for the goal, but I thought Kelleher did well otherwise. Good handling and also comfortable with the ball at his feet In unfavourable conditions.

I may have been too critical. He was far from poor. But actually thought he struggled a bkt with the ball at his feet, which is after all his main strength as a goalkeeper as far as I understand. Apart from saving penalties of course!

Though he played it too soft a few times and perhaps also to the wrong player, and put his team mate under pressure.

No big thing though, he was far from poor, and hopefully he’ll have a fair number of matches this season to show us what he can do.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp: "We should have scored more in the first half when the wind was with us.

"We scored a wonderful goal in the second half, the boys fought really hard, but it [the weather] was brutal. One yard on the pitch it was outrageous but we got through.

"We can't go long because we know they'll come back at us so we have to try to play from the back, it's risky but we have to.

"The goal we conceded was a set-piece and I don't know why he [Justin Kluivert] was unmarked.

"Games like this are super tough for both teams and it's important that you win. There are millions of ways to win a football game and we found one.

"It's not always about learning, sometimes you just have to get through and we did."

When they equalized I said to myself "Ah fuck it, it's just the Cariboo Cup" and left for a dentist appointment.

But then realized that, judging by the strength of the line-up and the subs, Klopp doesn't feel the same way.

And then further realized that, no matter how much I like James Milner, the people in charge have done a masterful job of renewing the squad.

4 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

When they equalized I said to myself "Ah fuck it, it's just the Cariboo Cup" and left for a dentist appointment.

But then realized that, judging by the strength of the line-up and the subs, Klopp doesn't feel the same way.

And then further realized that, no matter how much I like James Milner, the people in charge have done a masterful job of renewing the squad.

This is what Stroganoff and his likes were trying to tell us all summer.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Like Suarez at Norwich, there is always something deeply satisfying when a striker gets cat calls for a miss / bad touch, only to bend one in from 25 yards moments later. 

The goal was very similar to the one Suarez scored in the same round (I think) in 2012 when we beat Cardiff in the final. 

Be absolutely beautiful if we get through and then get Port Vale over 2 legs. 

7 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Like Suarez at Norwich, there is always something deeply satisfying when a striker gets cat calls for a miss / bad touch, only to bend one in from 25 yards moments later. 

The goal was very similar to the one Suarez scored in the same round (I think) in 2012 when we beat Cardiff in the final. 

Be absolutely beautiful if we get through and then get Port Vale over 2 legs. 

The finish reminded me of that one too (away at Stoke). It was just missing the little nutmeg before it.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Would love to see a side angle of the Nunez goal. Looked like the perfect trajectory, hitting its peak directly over the keeper then dipping immediately after. A touch more central and the keeper has a chance.

The away fans had a great view. Quality, Torres like finish. 

10 hours ago, niallers said:

Said to the wife during that the game that there was no way I would be flying back last night.

'Stranded ' gives the impression they all slept in the airport terminal, but I suspect they may have found somewhere decent to sleep.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Said to the wife during that the game that there was no way I would be flying back last night.

'Stranded ' gives the impression they all slept in the airport terminal, but I suspect they may have found somewhere decent to sleep.

They got coaches back didn't they?

• Upvote 1