You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (H) - Sat 21st Oct 2023 (12:30pm)

Trumo

Work-rate. Incisiveness. Nous.

I don't ask for much.

This is how it's gonna be. Build from the ground up.

Saturday lunchtime kick-off after the international break. We've been dumped in this slot more than any other side in recent years, and this is merely the second of three in a row, as we have City away after November's international break. I don't like the lunchtime kick-offs which are solely for the far east TV market as it's peak time for them. It's worse when it follows an international break, as loads of players will be returning from South America, Africa and Asia, arriving back in the UK with little time to prepare for the clubs that pays their wages after all. Get rid of the lunchtime kick-offs, especially following an international break.

Anyway, the shite. Last season's game saw us run out comfortable 2-0 winners. Everton could have broken the deadlock when they hit the post following a header from a corner. Instead, we charged up the other end in time-honoured Red Arrows style, with Darwin flying down the left and playing the ball in to Mo to cushion a volley into the empty net. Empty net because T-Rex "sent himself for an Echo", as they say up in those parts, as he totally misread the cross and somehow ended up positioned 10 yards from his goal and outside the far post. Only the third daftest thing ol' Pickford has done at Anfield too (pride of place going to his assist for big Div's classic, followed by blatant time-wasting only to lose the game and have Ali rip the piss out of him 2 seasons ago). I love those rapid Reds counters that end up in a goal. Almost as much as Dave, although given the way he describes them he might as well be Randy Marsh at the computer! Cody got his first goal for the club early in the second half with a far post tap-in of the sort he's made a habit of scoring in a Reds shirt. Tom Davies roused himself off the London Fashion Week catwalks for the Ev's best chance late on but could only guide his far post diving header well wide. The points belonged to us.

Everton have been very inconsistent this term and mostly shite, with the inconsistency and shitness of the teams around them keeping them out of the bottom 3 again.

As I write prior to the next round of internationals on Tuesday and Wednesday, I don't know what sort of squad Jurgen will have available. Thiago won't be available obviously, and Curtis still has a game or two of his suspension left to serve. Robbo suffered a dislocated shoulder against the Spaniards and will be out for a while, so Kostas will need to step in for the foreseeable. Other than that, hopefully we have a full compliment. Concentration, attitude, motivation and application are needed. This is a derby. No matter the disparity between the sides, we go out there and put them to the sword, and be on it from the beginning right the way through. 3 points please. Get it done!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, Mook said:

I was thinking about that Anfield derby we lost 2-0 (early 2021 I think) today & wound myself right up.

Get right in about these horrible cunts.

Genuinely one of the worst penalty calls you'd ever see in that one...and that takes some doing!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Trumo said:

Work-rate. Incisiveness. Nous.

I don't ask for much.

This is how it's gonna be. Build from the ground up.

Saturday lunchtime kick-off after the international break. We've been dumped in this slot more than any other side in recent years, and this is merely the second of three in a row, as we have City away after November's international break. I don't like the lunchtime kick-offs which are solely for the far east TV market as it's peak time for them. It's worse when it follows an international break, as loads of players will be returning from South America, Africa and Asia, arriving back in the UK with little time to prepare for the clubs that pays their wages after all. Get rid of the lunchtime kick-offs, especially following an international break.

Anyway, the shite. Last season's game saw us run out comfortable 2-0 winners. Everton could have broken the deadlock when they hit the post following a header from a corner. Instead, we charged up the other end in time-honoured Red Arrows style, with Darwin flying down the left and playing the ball in to Mo to cushion a volley into the empty net. Empty net because T-Rex "sent himself for an Echo", as they say up in those parts, as he totally misread the cross and somehow ended up positioned 10 yards from his goal and outside the far post. Only the third daftest thing ol' Pickford has done at Anfield too (pride of place going to his assist for big Div's classic, followed by blatant time-wasting only to lose the game and have Ali rip the piss out of him 2 seasons ago). I love those rapid Reds counters that end up in a goal. Almost as much as Dave, although given the way he describes them he might as well be Randy Marsh at the computer! Cody got his first goal for the club early in the second half with a far post tap-in of the sort he's made a habit of scoring in a Reds shirt. Tom Davies roused himself off the London Fashion Week catwalks for the Ev's best chance late on but could only guide his far post diving header well wide. The points belonged to us.

Everton have been very inconsistent this term and mostly shite, with the inconsistency and shitness of the teams around them keeping them out of the bottom 3 again.

As I write prior to the next round of internationals on Tuesday and Wednesday, I don't know what sort of squad Jurgen will have available. Thiago won't be available obviously, and Curtis still has a game or two of his suspension left to serve. Robbo suffered a dislocated shoulder against the Spaniards and will be out for a while, so Kostas will need to step in for the foreseeable. Other than that, hopefully we have a full compliment. Concentration, attitude, motivation and application are needed. This is a derby. No matter the disparity between the sides, we go out there and put them to the sword, and be on it from the beginning right the way through. 3 points please. Get it done!

Negged for starting the thread and my dread. 

After Wolves last time, apart from Alisson, I doubt the South Americans start.

With Jones suspended, I reckon midfield is Szoboszlai, Gravenberch & Elliott - Gravenberch to play 6. 

Assuming he’s fit again, Gakpo to join Salah & Jota up front. 

10 hours ago, Mook said:

I was thinking about that Anfield derby we lost 2-0 (early 2021 I think) today & wound myself right up.

Get right in about these horrible cunts.

Of all the results we’ve had against The Ev in the 21st century, especially at Anfield, that’s the one result you think of?

Not us winning games with 10 men, Gerrard hat-tricks, us rattling in 4 or 5 goals, hilarious Everton mistakes or us winning with our u16’s playing… the game in front of no crowd & where we had half our side injured comes to mind? 

Even I’d forgotten it even happened.

To get rid of these bad vibes, here are some happier, and more reflective of  our Derby supremacy, memories…

IMG_0172.jpeg

IMG_0164.jpeg

IMG_0165.jpeg

IMG_0166.jpeg

IMG_0167.jpeg

IMG_0169.jpeg

IMG_0171.jpeg

IMG_0163.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Of all the results we’ve had against The Ev in the 21st century, especially at Anfield, that’s the one result you think of?

Not us winning games with 10 men, Gerrard hat-tricks, us rattling in 4 or 5 goals, hilarious Everton mistakes or us winning with our u16’s playing… the game in front of no crowd & where we had half our side injured comes to mind? 

Even I’d forgotten it even happened.

To get rid of these bad vibes, here are some happier, and more reflective of  our Derby supremacy, memories…

IMG_0172.jpeg

IMG_0164.jpeg

IMG_0165.jpeg

IMG_0166.jpeg

IMG_0167.jpeg

IMG_0169.jpeg

IMG_0171.jpeg

IMG_0163.jpeg

I'm not sure who 'The Ev' are but, yes that's the result I was thinking of. Against Everton.

I think about games we've won a lot too.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, an tha said:

David Coote on VAR for this.

Wasn't he on it when that little armed prick nailed VVD and they went back about 25 'phases' of play to disallow our winner at the death.

PGMOL turning the screw!

It's got to the point now that no matter which combination of shit birds they put in place for our game there's always at least one who's screwed us over.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

It's got to the point now that no matter which combination of shit birds they put in place for our game there's always at least one who's screwed us over.

I seem to recall that he fucked up that day in getting little arms sent off because was too busy going on about offside...useless cunt.

"What made that incident at Goodison Park even more galling was the subsequent revelation that Coote mistakenly thought he couldn’t intervene to recommend a potential red card review because of an offside in the build-up to the Everton goalkeeper’s brutish lunge

Because of the VAR’s moment of incompetence, Pickford got away scot-free with an assault on a fellow professional, one which left Van Dijk sidelined for nine months."

I wonder what he has in store for us on sat....