You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

AUDIO RELEASED:

Nelly-Szoboszlai

All this matey 'daz' 'oli' 'mate' etc shite needs to stop too.

They are supposed to be professionals responsible for officiating the biggest sport on the planet, not a load of mates watching their local ale houses darts team on a monday night away at the dog and duck.

• Upvote 9

11 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

The most damming thing is that they contacted the TV networks and told them not to draw attention to it at half time!

Where did you hear this? Tbf Sky were all over it just before the restart ( probably after checking Twitter going off )

1 minute ago, Burgess said:

It’s  unprofessional throughout  and when your not professional you lose forces and mistakes happen whatever the job.

I knew my boss was on here. I’ve been working lots from home Gary, I just came on here for 5 minutes.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Jurgen Knows said:

Pigs … they would have corrected it had it not been us … can’t do anything my arse!

And the excuse after would have been 'we just wanted to make sure correct decision was implemented and in the desire to do so in a snap moment we forgot the laws say we couldn't do anything once game restarted'

I'd bet anything that is what would have happened if was the mancs.

• Upvote 1

Just now, an tha said:

And the excuse after would have been 'we just wanted to make sure correct decision was implemented and in the desire to do so in a snap moment we forgot the laws say we couldn't do anything once game restarted'

I'd bet anything that is what would have happened if was the mancs.

Of course they would have. This is the team that were awarded a penalty after the final whistle blew.

2 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Why did they think a goal had been given, as everyone says ?

If they are not watching the onfield footage, as everyone says, they must surely be told by someone what the decision was. 

First thing they do in cricket is clarify on field decision before moving on to the checking....it is clearly beyond these clowns to do same.

A simple, fundamental thing.

The whole process is a disorganised, unprofessional mess - no wonder mistakes are made as often as they are.