You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

AUDIO RELEASED:

Nelly-Szoboszlai

Completely unacceptable. The lack of procedural process is appalling. It's a couple of mates watching TV and reviewing decisions from their front room.

They are putting VAR and by definition themselves ahead of sporting integrity.

Compare this to the way Rugby Union is normally officiated where there is a clear and communicated process they follow. 

I can understand why they don't want the audio broadcast as we'd realise just how confused, stupid and amateurish they actually are.

• Upvote 8

6 officials involved on the day and the only lad who notices is the fella that used to work in blockbuster.

Protocol bollocks. Speak up, tell the ref immediately. Nothings happened, the balls back out of play, absolutely nothing contentious going on, stop the game, talk to the ref, get the ref to talk to the managers, everyone - even the spurs fans when they learn why - has more respect for the twats.

as it is, as we’ve learned is that these pricks thought they would probably be best served saying nowt and pretending it hadn’t happened, just like their boss and his old bosses like it.

At least the audio is believable. At least we can stop thinking about bribes. They’re just as shit as we thought they were.

• Upvote 3

What a shambles.

Unprofessional - open to all sorts of misinterpretation - no wonder fuck ups happen.

They need a proper overhaul of how they do stuff and procedure put in place that is followed to letter to make it clear what is on field decision, what is being checked and why and how and what decision from VAR is with agreement then of why and what happens next and clarification all understand, agree and are happy.

Clowns.

3 minutes ago, Chris said:

I mean let's be honest, it still doesn't pass the sniff test does it?

I dunno, they went automatically into arse-covering mode, using ' the game has restarted ' excuse for their own ends, and I don't see the team involved being a factor at that point.

This business about the VAR not being able to see the on field decision on their screen, how else is it relayed to them if not on the screen? Was he told verbally and somehow still didn't realise? I don't know if this actually came from PGMOL so it may or may not have been the case anyway, and doesn't really change anything only amplify the incompetence, just curious. 

18 minutes ago, Chris said:

Convenient for them to announce Curtis' ban stands at the precise moment the audio goes out.

And remarkably quick too. They are all open and transparent for about 6 seconds before the arse covering passive aggressive dark arts begin again.

• Upvote 1

Nothing too surprising in there, shambles as expected.

My biggest issue is that when they are doing to the lines, that seems to be a manual process. I dont know why but i thought that was all automated. If they are the ones who draw the lines or decide where the line should be, all of these incredibly tight offsides are brought into doubt. 

May just be the way its done

• Upvote 1