You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW All Time Germany Side - Midfielders

Bjornebye

TLW All Time Germany Side - Midfielders (Pick 3)  

20 members have voted

1. 1. TLW All Time Germany Side - Midfielders (Pick 3)

• Toni Kroos
    • Thomas Hassler
    • Pierre Littbarski
    • Helmut Rahn
    • Wolfgang Overath
    • Günter Netzer
    • Michael Ballack
    • Lothar Matthaus
    • Bernd Schuster
    • Bastian Schweinsteiger
    • Fritz Walter
    • Andreas Möller
    • Mehmet Scholl
    • Stefan Reuter
    • Stefan Effenberg
    • İlkay Gündoğan
    • Joshua Kimmich
    • Other (Please State)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/06/23 at 07:39

Matthaus - Shoe-In 

Netzer, has to be in although I'd have probably jibbed him for Breitner if Brehme won at LB

Hassler because he was one of my favourite non Liverpool/Celtic players growing up. Superb player. 

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Matthaus - Shoe-In 

Netzer, has to be in although I'd have probably jibbed him for Breitner if Brehme won at LB

Hassler because he was one of my favourite non Liverpool/Celtic players growing up. Superb player. 

Schuster was an excellent player and was unbelievable in the 1980 Euros. He got a bad knee injury and was a massive bellend which impacted on his German appearances but he played for Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atletico. 

And what a 'tache

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Razoray said:

Schuster was an excellent player and was unbelievable in the 1980 Euros. He got a bad knee injury and was a massive bellend which impacted on his German appearances but he played for Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atletico. 

And what a 'tache

Some unreal players across the board to be fair. Can see it being them or Brazil winning the overall best 11 vote (Unsurprisingly) 

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Some unreal players across the board to be fair. Can see it being them or Brazil winning the overall best 11 vote (Unsurprisingly) 

Not saying I disagree with you Stig, but Italy and Argentina would be very close with them. In fact, I reckon nothing between the four.

Italy have the edge on defenders and goalkeeper imo, Germany probably brilliant across the board (tbf they all are), Argentina have three of the best players of all time in Diego, Messi and Di Steffano with a quality supporting cast and Brazil have arguably the greatest and a fair chunk of the best ever in their positions.

Keep up the great work!!

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Not saying I disagree with you Stig, but Italy and Argentina would be very close with them. In fact, I reckon nothing between the four.

Italy have the edge on defenders and goalkeeper imo, Germany probably brilliant across the board (tbf they all are), Argentina have three of the best players of all time in Diego, Messi and Di Steffano with a quality supporting cast and Brazil have arguably the greatest and a fair chunk of the best ever in their positions.

Keep up the great work!!

Fuck, Di Stefano will have to go in both won't he 

Matthaus, Netzer and Overath, though again we are spoilt for choice. Mid-80s to mid-90s Matthaus was a world class midfield dynamo. Netzer in the 70s was one of the best central midfielders on the planet. Overath is a tad underrated in comparison but could do everything and had a wand of a left foot. These 3 could all play box to box, as attacking midfielders or sit in front of the defence, so I have all the bases covered, even down to having a true lefty in there. Efficiency the Germans would nod their heads at.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Pidge said:

Stuck Ballack in on a whim, in his pre-Chelsea days he looked about as complete a midfielder you could possibly find outside of Whiston.

Saw him for Leverkusen and it was one of the greatest midfield performances I’ve ever seen. He fucked it going to Chelsea, he barely stood out 

14 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Very very strange he's made it. 

Always thought he was a good player but one of the 3 best German midfielders ever. Not a fucking chance. 

Boss player, not even close. Imagine picking him and not Hassler.