You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

King Kenny's lot will get the go ahead (IMO)

Rashid

Duncan Oldham who knows Mike Jeffries quite well and speaks with him daily has said this tonight on KopTalk

The so called secret bid is the L4 Group. Ignore anything else you see in the media, I know this for a fact. I also know that people are concentrating on Mike Jefferies too much. He's a member of L4 which he put together. The Kraft empire would be the primary investor. Jefferies and Ford have their own careers to think about and unlike Morgan, have made no personal desires to getting on the board or taking over as chairman etc.

The only people involved right now is Morgan, L4 and the GMM Grammy chief. I know that things will happen next week but I can't say on this site. I may do an Insider report later or I may just do an editorial on the latest.

Parry is trying to ignore L4 as a consortium instead concentrating on trying to only deal with Kraft which leaves out other smaller investors and the King.

Looks like Liverpool are very keen on Kruft's offer which IMO would be a great deal for us given his background.

Agree normally but not on this. He has a pay service on there now, he rarely puts his head on the block like this anymore.

Seeing as you haven't read your private message I'll post it here to save you further embarrassment.

"Rash,

That is not insider info. Parry said on Radio merseyside tonight "We have othe rinvestors to consider apart from Steve Morgan, the one named after a post code who like to do business via the press is not one of them".

• Upvote 1

Seeing as you haven't read your private message I'll post it here to save you further embarrassment.

"Rash,

That is not insider info. Parry said on Radio merseyside tonight "We have othe rinvestors to consider apart from Steve Morgan, the one named after a post code who like to do business via the press is not one of them".

Dunc is actually saying that Parry is lying and L4 IS the one the club are talking to :whatever:

Mr Robert Kruft

Robert Kraft has become one of the most influential figures in New England sports history. In 2002 alone, his leadership brought area sports fans a Super Bowl championship, an appearance in MLS Cup and a dazzling new venue, Gillette Stadium, which has rapidly become one of the premier sports and entertainment facilities in the country. As Investor/Operator of the New England Revolution, owner of the New England Patriots and owner of Gillette Stadium, Kraft has shown a commitment to the local sports and entertainment scene over the past decade that is perhaps unparalleled in the region's history.

Kraft nearly became one of the few sports franchise owners to win two championships in the same calendar year when the Revolution played in the 2002 MLS Cup. On Feb. 3, 2002, Kraft stood proudly on a celebratory podium at the New Orleans Superdome, raising the Lombardi Trophy after the Patriots were crowned Super Bowl champions. Eight-and-a-half months later, on October 20, he saw the team he had grown from infancy, the Revolution, fall in overtime of the MLS championship game. In between, a project that was on his radar screen from the day he purchased the Patriots - the development and construction of a $325 million stadium - was completed, when the Revs hosted the Dallas Burn on May 11.

Kraft's long-standing commitment to soccer dates back to his efforts to secure Boston/Foxboro as one of the nine host cities for the 1994 World Cup. The widely-recognized success of the World Cup in Boston/Foxboro and the tremendous support shown by Kraft and the region as a whole led to a new era in New England sports, culminating with the arrival of a top-flight American professional soccer team, the New England Revolution. On November 17, 1998, Kraft reaffirmed his confidence in Major League Soccer when the Kraft family became the Investor/Operators of the San Jose Earthquakes of MLS's Western Division before the team was sold to a local investor prior to the 2001 season.

Kraft began his business career with the Rand-Whitney Group, Inc. of Worcester, Mass., a company he later acquired. In 1972, he founded International Forest Products, a trader of paper commodities, which does business in over 80 countries around the world. Together, Rand-Whitney and International Forest Products comprise one of the largest privately-owned paper and packaging enterprises in the United States.

Over the past 30 years, Robert and his wife, Myra, have been very active in charitable and civic affairs. He serves on the Executive Committee of the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and established the Robert K. Kraft Family Blood Donor Center. He also serves on the Board of Overseers of the Boston Symphony Orchestra. In addition, he is a trustee of Columbia University and serves on the Board of Directors for the Harvard Business School. He is the recipient of honorary degrees from Boston University, Bryant College, Curry College and Suffolk University.

A quote from Robert Kraft about his football team

"When we win, I go to Dunkin' Donuts to get coffee Monday morning," he said. "When we lose, I go through the drive-through. And when we lose 31-0, I make coffee at home."

On the other hand, owning a professional sports team is like being the custodian of a community asset, Kraft said. "No other business brings the community together like this," he said.

A quote from Robert Kraft about his football team

"When we win, I go to dunkin' donuts to get coffee Monday morning," he said. "When we lose, I go through the drive-through. And when we lose 31-0, I make coffee at home."

I've heard him called some terrible things on here, but never that.

So Duncan has been having daily conference calls with Mike "Jim" Jeffries, who has told him exclusively - ahead of all the world's media - that the L4 Group is going to be taking over the club; except the L4 Group actually is really just Kraft, and he himself is going to be sidelined?

Sounds like a plausible story.

• Upvote 1

Kraft's football (American) success is down to one thing- his head coach Bill Belichek (sp?). Anyway, that's all I know or care to know about 'gridiron' football.

MLS is a comlpete fucking joke. The biggest joke of a 'soccer' league. It consistently loses money year in year even with a hard salary cap. They had to contract MLS, losing two teams in Florida I think (Miami Fusion and Tampa Bay Mutiny or Rowdies) They did add a team for next year, some outfit that's going to play out in LA and will appeal to the Hispanic population. There are two stadiums, in Columbus and LA that are built just for soccer. The rest of the teams play in American football stadia. Want to judge MLS popularity, or that of soccer, just listen to the Jim Rome Show and his anti-soccer rants (they're actually quite good).

Just try watching a match with US football markings on it, coloured endzones and a 'soccer' goal stuck in the middle of an endzone with "BEARS" or "NY JETS" emblazend on it. Yep, that WC was a springboard. Getting games to the New England area had nothing to do with all the Irish diaspora in the area. More feckin Irish in Massachutes than in Ireland.

Kraft, just like Glazer, realizes that the NFL has maximized profits in the US. They're looking for cross-promotional marketing. As for Jeffries, surely nothing to do with his Newcaslte movie GOAL!.

We'll rue the day give any control to an American.

Guest desertscouser
P.S. are you telling us that you actually pay to subscibe to Duncan's newsletter?

MLB, did you get kicked off koptalk or something? You seem to be pretty anti Dunk..

It's a great site mate.

Actually, I did get kicked off Kraptalk, and very proud of it I am too! I used it from its very early days, when the forums were some of the most active and interesting around. The problem came when "Dunk" turned into an ego-addled tosspot who banned anyone who dared to criticise his bogus stories (of which there were many) and flagrant touting.

To be fair though, I haven't visited the site in ages (and no one I know uses it any more) so he might well have changed his ways. I'm just not interested enough to find out, because this forum's about ten times better - and more reliable - anyway.

Actually, I did get kicked off Kraptalk, and very proud of it I am too! I used it from its very early days, when the forums were some of the most active and interesting around. The problem came when "Dunk" turned into an ego-addled tosspot who banned anyone who dared to criticise his bogus stories (of which there were many) and flagrant touting.
Have to agree 100% here mate. I too was kicked off Koptalk - when I inquired why, it was because "there were a few complaints" about my conduct. No clue as to what that supposed conduct was, and further emails solicited no response. To this day, I'm still not sure why it happened.

Actually, I do have a clue. Some self-appointed insider came on to the forum, and informed us all that LFC had arranged a medical (no way - a medical! in pre-season! who'd have thought it?) but gave no further info. No time, date, place, player id etc. Might as well have said "Whoa, I just heard that LFC are going to play some football matches next season", for all the value his statement held.

Cos I wasn't one of the brown-nosing sycophants, I questioned the worth of this "news", and was met with a torrent of abuse from all the sad no-lifes who spend 23 hours of the day there, and who treat the minutest scrap of information as if it was manna from heaven.

Anyway, I pointed out to the morons that, actually, I was a genuine purveyor of inside information, alerting them to the half-dozen or so stories (actual, newsworthy stories) that I had broken on the forums. Well, it obviously upset someone, because the day after I was kicked off. No explanation, no refund - nothing.

All you need to know is that the people who run Koptalk are the biggest cunts on planet earth - complete and utter pricks who are arrogant beyond belief, who think that because Rick Parry once farted in their direction, they somehow have a hotline to God. Anyone who questions that might as well kiss their subscription fee goodbye.

The funny thing is, if you swear over there, you get bollocked or banned, yet racial slurs, such as calling Spurs "the Yiddoes" seem to be totally fine.

What a bunch of cunts.

StD (I feel so much better now I have that off my chest)

Duncan Oldham who knows Mike Jeffries quite well and speaks with him daily has said this tonight on KopTalk

The so called secret bid is the L4 Group. Ignore anything else you see in the media, I know this for a fact. I also know that people are concentrating on Mike Jefferies too much. He's a member of L4 which he put together. The Kraft empire would be the primary investor. Jefferies and Ford have their own careers to think about and unlike Morgan, have made no personal desires to getting on the board or taking over as chairman etc.

The only people involved right now is Morgan, L4 and the GMM Grammy chief. I know that things will happen next week but I can't say on this site. I may do an Insider report later or I may just do an editorial on the latest.

Parry is trying to ignore L4 as a consortium instead concentrating on trying to only deal with Kraft which leaves out other smaller investors and the King.

Looks like Liverpool are very keen on Kruft's offer which IMO would be a great deal for us given his background.

Rashid. Why do you always have to name drop that cunt Oldham. It's like walking round New York in a Bin Laden T-Shirt.

Fucking stop it. it makes me sick.

Rashid. Why do you always have to name drop that cunt Oldham. It's like walking round New York in a Bin Laden T-Shirt.

Fucking stop it. it makes me sick.

By the way...everyone carrying the name Oldham loses all their credibilty regarding football!

Fact!