You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A Sunday Feeling

Oh Buoy

Just now, Tony Moanero said:

I recall, on one occasion, the water must have been too hot, because the hose blew up like a balloon and burst.

I was always last in the bath. My dad caught me topping the hot water up once and nearly elevated through the window 

• Upvote 1

On 06/04/2022 at 17:42, Bot said:

I've been trying to explain this to a friend but unsure whether it's just me or if anyone else ever felt this way about Sundays. 

Growing up, I always thought Sundays had a really weird relaxation/nostalgia feeling about them. Around midday you'd all settle down and there'd always be some film on whether it be a old film, a disney classic or something else. There'd always be this kind of music at accompanied it: https://youtu.be/hYs1OY28atE?t=25

You'd watch the film (no matter how shite it was) and wait for tea, stuff your face and catch another film or two. You'd always have this nice feeling before the dread of Monday hit in the evening. 

The only day that matched that was Christmas after everyone's pissed and fucked off home. 

I would suggest the consensus is you're on your own here brother. 

Sunday tv was shit. Church was shit. Sunday roast with cheap fatty meat was shit. School/work next day was shit. 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I was always last in the bath. My dad caught me topping the hot water up once and nearly elevated through the window 

I think my mum spoiled me with baths as I'd always have the water to a cm below the overflow thing under the tap. I went to stay at my dads once and he ran me a bath - water barely covered my balls. Turned the tap back on only to be told to stop wasting water and get in the fucking puddle. 

Fucking stinge. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Bot said:

I think my mum spoiled me with baths as I'd always have the water to a cm below the overflow thing under the tap. I went to stay at my dads once and he ran me a bath - water barely covered my balls. Turned the tap back on only to be told to stop wasting water and get in the fucking puddle. 

Fucking stinge. 

I like your Dad.

4 hours ago, John102 said:

Sunday morning/early afternoon tele felt like it went on for about a fortnight and was the most dull programing to a young lad

God! So much religious shite to put up with, the worst being 'highway' with that fat Harold Bishop lookalike. The new statesman was worth staying up for, that's the only decent TV I remember.

There is not enough invective in the world to convey how much I fucking hated hearing the Heartbeat theme tune.

Thats when the dread descended and you knew that was it, it was over, school was coming.

You had about an hour before the shite was over and you were sent to bed to stare at the ceiling in bleak despondency knowing that tomorrow was waking up early to go to a place you hated.

Still get a Pavlovian response of deep ennui now years later just thinking about it, and it was shit.

15 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

There is not enough invective in the world to convey how much I fucking hated hearing the Heartbeat theme tune.

Thats when the dread descended and you knew that was it, it was over, school was coming.

You had about an hour before the shite was over and you were sent to bed to stare at the ceiling in bleak despondency knowing that tomorrow was waking up early to go to a place you hated.

Still get a Pavlovian response of deep ennui now years later just thinking about it, and it was shit.

Heartbeat was boss, Bruce, you bastard.

I can remember when channel 4 used to do a late night European film on a Sunday night. It was some art film bollocks and was introduced by some twat with a harsh Scottish/Northern Irish accent. 

The night they showed Betty Blue I wanked so hard and so much I went into school on the Monday morning with blisters. 

The fear that The darling buds of bastarding May, Heartbeat and Londons fucking burning used to stir up still haunts me now.

Sundays started off with footy at 9am, home for my roast dinner and football Italia or the F1 and then out with my mates for a bit. All good until the stages of hell came on the tele and your world collapsed around you and school was just hours away.