You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

On 07/05/2022 at 06:58, chrisbonnie said:

That French lad for Monaco scored twice last night, Tchouameni. 

Twitter flutes saying we that scouts there and he apparently met klopp some time recently to. 

Would be a truly fantastic signing, he's genuinely two footed and strong as fuck.  

2 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Ramsay is the kind of signing that's right up our street.

Ramsay street. Geddit? Like the fictional setting for Neighbours.

Hopefully he can withstand the physicality of the league and bouncer back from the ale house tackles and not get mangled. If he turns out half as good as Trent we’ll be Robinson player from Aberdeen.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Daisy said:

I'd actually say it's our attack that needs improving. We never score as many goals as we should. 

The right hand side with Trent and Salah is now completely toothless 

A side that has scored, I think, 140 goals in 57 games this season doesn’t need to improve its attack.

At present, there is very little wrong with us. Both the squad and first 11 are as good as anything in world football. 

If Ox, Milner and Curtis Jones are our biggest issue, that shows what a healthy position we are in.

I do agree we need better cover at right back, preferably a player with similar skill set to Trent. No idea what that Ramsey is like but I’ve read he has good deliver.

Given Hendo, Milner and Thiago will be 33, 37 and 32 come the end of next season, it’s clear this area of the pitch needs an injection of youth into it.

As for the rest, a personal preference would be another match winner (you can never have too many!) and another central midfielder, but I’m generally happy for any outgoings to just be replaced.

I'd say given hendo plays 1 in 2 now and milner barely plays that this is already happening. Think we can probably expect a new midfielder will arrive in the next year, that's the next 'evolution'

Could do with a midfielder that actually makes runs ahead of the attackers, especially in games likes yesterday. Hendo's days of looking like he can do that box to box role twice a week look done. Wouldn't mind seeing Elliot back in on Tuesday, he started the season really well, played really well with Trent and Mo. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, aRdja said:

10 goals and 10 assists from Bowen this season. He feels like the type we’d go for. Quick, hardworking and very direct. 

At the start of the season for £35m we would have done, not at what WHU would want now.

9 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

Salah is off. I don’t care what his agent, the club, the player or the media say. He’s going in to his last year and he’s worth £100m if he was staying he’d have signed by now.

It's looking increasingly likely. I've got every confidence in Jurgen buying a replacement, would prefer he stayed but if wants to trade in what he has here for the money elsewhere, that's his prerogative.