You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wokeism

Bjornebye

The Dhal stuff is basically the death of art. People like to piss on chips (yeah let's have a female bond) then move onto something else they can gut because they don't have the talent to create anything themselves.

I'm sure tickets for the fringe were down massively last year because, despite what people tweet, when the it comes to it nobody wants to spend their time and money consuming bland shite.

I mean imagine being someone's who's job it is to rewrite other people's books for these soft, tedious cunts? I'd rather eat a shotgun. 

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The Dhal stuff is basically the death of art. People like to piss on chips (yeah let's have a female bond) then move onto something else they can gut because they don't have the talent to create anything themselves.

I'm sure tickets for the fringe were down massively last year because, despite what people tweet, when the it comes to it nobody wants to spend their time and money consuming bland shite.

I mean imagine being someone's who's job it is to rewrite other people's books for these soft, tedious cunts? I'd rather eat a shotgun. 

I'd like to know who 'they' actually are.

On 17/02/2023 at 20:04, Strontium said:

YouTuber MrBeast funds 1,000 cataract operations for blind people; gets accused of ableism.

https://techcrunch.com/2023/02/10/mrbeasts-blindness-video-puts-systemic-ableism-on-display/

In the broadest lens, the biggest problem with wanting to “cure” blindness is that it reinforces a moral superiority of sorts by those without disabilities over those who are disabled. Although not confronted nearly as often as racism and sexism, systemic ableism is pervasive through all parts of society. The fact of the matter is that the majority of abled people view disability as a failure of the human condition; as such, people with disabilities should be mourned and pitied. More pointedly, as MrBeast stated in his video’s thumbnail, disabilities should be eradicated — cured.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/kelseyweekman/mrbeast-helping-blind-people-youtube-stunt-philanthropy

Another huge problem: MrBeast's video seems to regard disability as something that needs to be solved. He doesn't say in the video or in any of his subsequent public statements whether he consulted with the video's subjects about how they felt to have their disability treated as a problem.

Reminds me of the leper who didn't like being cured by Jesus in Life of Brian. 

• Upvote 4

I'm not into Dhal stuff but I always took those kinds of descriptions as being part of how he characterised the protagonist. His books seem to be about adults being viewed as cunts by kids, hence part of their appeal to kids, so 'aunty so-and-so who took me in during the war was a big fat old horrible slag' has slightly different meaning than 'aunty so and so was a larger lady not given to personal hygiene - but we all have those moments don't we ho hum? None of us are perfect and it's okay -  to not be okay'.

Rowling (whatever happened there) took a similar path didn't she? I haven't read them but I'm sure I caught part of the film where his aunty is pam ferris and locks him under the stairs or some shit - because adults are cunts. 

Just fuck off. Go and write your own bland, shit books and when nobody reads them blame a conspiracy by incels. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 11

7 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I'm not into Dhal stuff but I always took those kinds of descriptions as being part of how he characterised the protagonist. His books seem to be about adults being viewed as cunts by kids, hence part of their appeal to kids, so 'aunty so-and-so who took me in during the war was a big fat old horrible slag' has slightly different meaning than 'aunty so and so was a larger lady not given to personal hygiene - but we all have those moments don't we ho hum? None of us are perfect and it's okay -  to not be okay'.

Rowling (whatever happened there) took a similar path didn't she? I haven't read them but I'm sure I caught part of the film where his aunty is pam ferris and locks him under the stairs or some shit - because adults are cunts. 

Just fuck off. Go and write your own bland, shit books and when nobody reads them blame a conspiracy by incels. 

Spot on. 

8 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I presume you just piss in the suit. If you can't I hope he was going to shit himself and was left crying jammed halfway into a cubicle stinking of shit. Not that I wish him any ill will just that it would of been mildly funny.

Ha, Reminds me of that story Billy Connoly told about the newspaper adds for giant slippers and hidden piss bags !

7 hours ago, Section_31 said:

My missus was having a rant about the Dahl stuff the other day, and apparently in the Witches they have changed one of the witches from being a school dinner lady, to a top scientist.  Presumably because its offensive to suggest that a dinner lady is a woman's job.  However, the whole fucking point is that the witches are out to get kids, therefore being a school dinner lady makes perfect sense!  When is a top scientist supposed to be getting close to a load of 8 year old kids?  

However, "they", in this case seems to be the Dahl family publishing company - maybe they'll change them back if less people buy the books, and the gravy train has a bit less gravy in it.  

3 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

My missus was having a rant about the Dahl stuff the other day, and apparently in the Witches they have changed one of the witches from being a school dinner lady, to a top scientist.  Presumably because its offensive to suggest that a dinner lady is a woman's job.  However, the whole fucking point is that the witches are out to get kids, therefore being a school dinner lady makes perfect sense!  When is a top scientist supposed to be getting close to a load of 8 year old kids?  

Inclusive noncing.

Altering books to sell more copies isn't woke, it's chasing the pound. There's never been a clamour to change passages of Dahl's books, Puffin and the Dahl estate just believe in trying to increase the sales of the books, not address anything that might actually be considered woke. The twisting of knickers is funny as fuck.

The Roald Dahl Story Company, which controls the rights to the books, said it worked with Puffin to review the texts because it wanted to ensure that “Dahl’s wonderful stories and characters continue to be enjoyed by all children today”.

The language was reviewed in partnership with Inclusive Minds, a collective working to make children’s literature more inclusive and accessible. Any changes were “small and carefully considered”, the company said.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2023/feb/20/roald-dahl-books-rewrites-criticism-language-altered

Racism and Wokeism are the weapons of the right to divide society. Even tory MP's including the home secretaries are labelling Labour as woke and the 'woke party' because they know it will guarantee them votes even from people who are suffering at the hands of this government. "I might be skint, hungry and my work contract might be worthless but there's a Somalian chatting women up 250 miles away and Peppa Pig's gone woke with that cunt in the wheelchair so I WILL NOT VOTE LABOUR" 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Racism and Wokeism are the weapons of the right to divide society. Even tory MP's including the home secretaries are labelling Labour as woke and the 'woke party' because they know it will guarantee them votes even from people who are suffering at the hands of this government. "I might be skint, hungry and my work contract might be worthless but there's a Somalian chatting women up 250 miles away and Peppa Pig's gone woke with that cunt in the wheelchair so I WILL NOT VOTE LABOUR" 

Are you their propoganda minister? I'm sold.

4 hours ago, skend04 said:

I cannot believe wokery has got it's claws into Lego now. Downs Syndrome figures? Figures with limbs missing? Whatever next? Black and brown figures?

This is madness! Burn it all down!

I always found it quite easy to disfigure lego figures by just taking one of the arms/legs off. I must have been way ahead of my time.