You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wokeism

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Do you think Sam Smith is a good singer mate? 

As in can he sing? That would be a yes I suppose.

Im not too up on his new stuff - went with Mrs Curly to watch him when he first came through and he had a couple of songs that were alright. That said, it’s not my type of music, but yeah, I think he can sing well.

I see/hear people saying he’s a bit of a tit, but I haven’t got anything to base an opinion of him on really. Never really took notice of him when he’s spoken, but I get the impression his overt stance on the current topics might be what he gets slammed for. Not sure.

Waffled answer to say “yes” there - sorry mate!

5 minutes ago, Curly said:

As in can he sing? That would be a yes I suppose.

Im not too up on his new stuff - went with Mrs Curly to watch him when he first came through and he had a couple of songs that were alright. That said, it’s not my type of music, but yeah, I think he can sing well.

I see/hear people saying he’s a bit of a tit, but I haven’t got anything to base an opinion of him on really. Never really took notice of him when he’s spoken, but I get the impression his overt stance on the current topics might be what he gets slammed for. Not sure.

Waffled answer to say “yes” there - sorry mate!

Hahaha waffle is what this forums for mate. I think his song for Spectre may be the shittest bond song, I’m not sure. 

I don’t like him because of his moaning video during lockdown from his house worth millions. Pissed me off that. Not arsed about anything else. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Hahaha waffle is what this forums for mate. I think his song for Spectre may be the shittest bond song, I’m not sure. 

I don’t like him because of his moaning video during lockdown from his house worth millions. Pissed me off that. Not arsed about anything else. 

Oh yeah - I do remember that. That was irking to say the least. If that’s indicative of him generally, then I think he’s a whopper for sure.

10 minutes ago, Curly said:

Oh yeah - I do remember that. That was irking to say the least. If that’s indicative of him generally, then I think he’s a whopper for sure.

Same as Lewis Hamilton. Crying nobheads. It was hard for everyone but to make it all about themselves in millions of pounds worth of house while millions were in tiny homes or tenement  flats, losing their jobs etc just fuck off 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

When the skyfooo

When it crumboooooo

hahahaha

I like that bond song and reckon she's got an amazing voice but she's one bad nobhead her. Plays on her ditsy cockney shite too much. That Glastonbury performance was half singing half her just prattling on about herself. 

This performance though was absolutely fucking spectacular. I remember listening to the radio the next morning and one of the presenters (Can't remember who) said it's the first time at the Brits that all the artist tables stopped and shut the fuck up. I thought that was cool as fuck. I had goosebumps watching it live. 

Too many people go to watch musicians, artists, singers whatever, just because they’re famous. Why the fuck would you go and see Sam Smith otherwise? He’s shite, go into town, spend a fiver or a tenner and watch a band or singer songwriter you’ve not heard of. It won’t hurt, it might be great and you don’t have to share the experience with 5000 other people who aren’t really arsed. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Lario said:

FYP to be more "modern".

Er... You do know that "they" is a singular pronoun, don't you?

e.g. 

"I saw my doctor yesterday?"

"What did they say?"

This isn't "modern": apparently, it's been used that way in English since the 14th Century.

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/they