You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham (A) – Sun 19th Dec 2021 (4:30pm)

Trumo

5 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

The longer this goes on with no word from the club, the more I fear the rumours are true and we're going ahead with the game regardless. I'd be fucking livid if that were the case.

They'll be more tests on the players tomorrow hours before the game. Players are supposed to be in bubbles and unless there are more positive test results, it is down to the PL to cancel games.

10 hours ago, Freddo said:

If that is the team and the rumours are true we're in trouble. 

Facts are matip and Ox struggle to back up. That could possibly be 2 more issues to deal with. 

More players we have out with Covid, the more stress placed on others so injury risk will rise enormously. 

Struggle to back up?

If a football match requires a certain level of emergency services on hand for safety reasons and the Mayor of London has just declared a major incident in London due to a lack of available staff at hospitals and for emergency services, surely that means they can't provide adequate services for the game tomorrow and it has to be called off.

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

The rumour mill now has Fabinho back in but Thiago out with Covid. 

1 hour ago, Freddo said:

Haha. I heard hendo back in, thiago out. Salah false news so he's in. It's such fun 

My mum told me never to listen to rumours and now my copy of Tusk is worn out.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Spurs with rest where they could train more under Conte whilst we're in the middle of the busy period and potentially missing players, is not an easy game whatsoever.

Is right.

Being significantly weakened tomorrow could be fatal for our title hopes.

12 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Spurs with rest where they could train more under Conte whilst we're in the middle of the busy period and potentially missing players, is not an easy game whatsoever.

Or they’ve not been able to train because their training ground is closed and they continue to have players out?

Allegedly they’ve asked for a postponement and we’ve said no. 

Roll on kick off!

Or cancellation at 3pm. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Anubis said:

They want a postponement until after the transfer window…

The top 4 want to play. Everybody else wants to make excuses. 

I’m surprised Newcastle haven’t found an excuse for today. 

Going forwards, if re-infection is such a potential issue with Omnicron, it does make you wonder what the authorities  are going to do. You can’t be cancelling games left and right forever, nor can you expect players to continually live like Monks. 

Mandatory vaccinations? But again, that doesn’t stop outbreaks, it only lessens the chance of serious illness.

10 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

The top 4 want to play. Everybody else wants to make excuses. 

I’m surprised Newcastle haven’t found an excuse for today. 

Going forwards, if re-infection is such a potential issue with Omnicron, it does make you wonder what the authorities  are going to do. You can’t be cancelling games left and right forever, nor can you expect players to continually live like Monks. 

Mandatory vaccinations? But again, that doesn’t stop outbreaks, it only lessens the chance of serious illness.

I assume they'll go back to the bubble protocol that was used last time, though how much support they get from the players I don't know.

If they do that then they have to either close doors, or significantly reduce numbers or the whole thing is an illogical farce, unless you mitigate by saying 'personal responsibility' and remove care of duty from the fans.