You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Curtis Jones

liverpoolsno9

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if it was just that interview, but has anyone else noticed the way Klopp pronounces “Curtis”?

Maybe it’s an accent thing, but I was nodding along with his interview and got taken out of it by the hard t and s.

20 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

That seems a long time…

IMG_0907.jpeg

Posted this in the match thread just after it happened

22 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

High ankle sprain worse than a break - hurts like fuck and takes forever to heal

If it is a bad one it will be every bit of that time.

16 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Posted this in the match thread just after it happened

If it is a bad one it will be every bit of that time.

How can we get 2 serious injuries from 2 nothing incidents…

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

How can we get 2 serious injuries from 2 nothing incidents…

Big fellas moving as fast as the body is designed to getting stepped on, fallen over.

That and the kind of luck we have - like where Gomez' kneecap fell off just joggin around.

25 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Big fellas moving as fast as the body is designed to getting stepped on, fallen over.

That and the kind of luck we have - like where Gomez' kneecap fell off just joggin around.

Fucking City’s players getting injected with Tiger Blood and keep playing. 

16 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Who is this "Anything Liverpool" who is commenting on all our injuries?

They have a more recent update saying he's waiting to see if he can play next Sunday.

They're just repeating random Twitter accounts and putting their stamp on it for clicks. There's nothing more to it than that.

I don't even think that post is posing as 'in the know', it just says "if it's this, then it could mean this long out". Not that it even is sure that it is a high ankle sprain (although it could well be).

On 18/02/2024 at 22:41, Caramac said:

xJzbkC8.gif

No matter how many times I see it, I can't work out what the problem is. There's no twisting or bend, and that looks more like an achilles than an ankle, which hopefully it isn't based on the lack of reporting about it.

I can't see anything either, and I've rewatched it like the Zapruder film.

The commentators went "Ooh, yes, you can see what happens", well I can't. Just looks a regular slow fall, like a fat woman at a wedding on You've Been Framed who'd be up and dancing again moments later.

That's what I see too, Curtis tries to catch himself but fails so crouches to balance and try to stay on his feet. Since their player trying to keep him from going for the ball at the same time that momentum takes his weight over his planted foot causing eversion of the ankle over-stretching/damaging the ligaments. In this particular case it really just appears to be genuine bad luck, as it doesn't appear particularly egregious in the .gif there. In general I don't know that there's much that can be done to increase ankle mobility/ROM to the outside of the body anyway. Specifically to this incident the only thing you could really say was he would've be better off not trying to catch himself and going down like an extra in a war drama sniper scene.